Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Discussion (2010)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Jesus, I realize that Alabama has speed, but christ, they have people running WIDE open. Where the hell is the defense?

Wow, you know, if they actually called holding on Alabama even half the time it happened, they wouldn't be able to move the ball at all...

Wow, McElroy throws a dumb INT.

Air Force just converted a 4th down and inches to put the game away against Wyoming 20-14 (just gotta have time run out).

The NFL "experts" are going to have a hard, hard time convincing me that Jake Locker is the de facto #1 instead of Ryan Mallett.

I'm so glad he left Michigan.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Mallet scores on the QB Sneak.

17-7 Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The NFL "experts" are going to have a hard, hard time convincing me that Jake Locker is the de facto #1 instead of Ryan Mallett.

I agree. He makes some seriously GREAT throws.

Problem with Locker is he's ALL Washington has. The dude couldn't possibly be on a worse team...

Is it just me, or is it weird that Saban keeps looking at the camera during that halftime interview?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I agree. He makes some seriously GREAT throws.

Problem with Locker is he's ALL Washington has. The dude couldn't possibly be on a worse team...
    I have a hard time believing Washington isn't better than they were two years ago ... they were decent last year, and Locker wasn't the only reason they pulled off some of those wins. I agree it's a bad team, but they aren't nearly as bad as they've been.

And I don't care if you're on Eastern Michigan going against Ohio State ... 4-20 is horrid. Whereas Mallett is making every NFL quality throw a QB could be asked to make ... and he's doing it against Alabama. His throws in this game alone look like an NFL Draft highlight film.

Is it just me, or is it weird that Saban keeps looking at the camera during that halftime interview?
    It wasn't awkward that he was doing so ... you're supposed to, really, as an interview subject. But the way he was rapidly going between looking down and looking at the camera was very weird.

I have a hard time believing Washington isn't better than they were two years ago ... they were decent last year, and Locker wasn't the only reason they pulled off some of those wins. I agree it's a bad team, but they aren't nearly as bad as they've been.

And I don't care if you're on Eastern Michigan going against Ohio State ... 4-20 is horrid. Whereas Mallett is making every NFL quality throw a QB could be asked to make ... and he's doing it against Alabama. His throws in this game alone look like an NFL Draft highlight film.
    Oh no doubt man. Mallett is doing nothing but helping his stock whereas I think Locker may have been better off leaving last season instead of staying cause all he can do is hurt his stock.

Mallett just made ANOTHER NFL QB throw. On a rope, outside shoulder inbetween the zone defense. He's literally slicing up their defense and taking whatever their willing to give them.

Dane Sanzenbacher ties an Ohio State record with 4 TD catches.

Wow, if these games keep going as they are now, I've got 1 freakin' game right out of all the ones up to now in the Pick 'em (like 10 or 12 picks)...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Dane Sanzenbacher ties an Ohio State record with 4 TD catches.
    Way to run that score up OSU...

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    So whoever is giving Texas the first place vote in the AP, is he the same guy giving them the #1 vote in our polls too?
    Well, I think whoever has been our resident "Texas for #1" voter can finally stop voting them #1. Texas, even if they were to come back and win, definitely does not deserve to be considered even in the top 5 based on just how lousy they have played all season, as well as how bad and horrendous they have played today vs. UCLA.

Oh no doubt man. Mallett is doing nothing but helping his stock whereas I think Locker may have been better off leaving last season instead of staying cause all he can do is hurt his stock.

Mallett just made ANOTHER NFL QB throw. On a rope, outside shoulder inbetween the zone defense. He's literally slicing up their defense and taking whatever their willing to give them.
    Agreed. Locker is pretty much doing nothing but hurting his draft stock more and more. If he was looking at things in terms of a draft spot, he should have gone last year. If the season ended right now, Mallett is by far the favorite the #1 draft pick if comparing Mallett and Locker.

Wow, a simply ATROCIOUS throw by Mallett leads to an INT and a TD for Alabama...

Alabama 24 - Arkansas 20

In other news - Nevada 14 - BYU 7 with a minute a half left in the 1st.

Way to run that score up OSU...
    I'm flabbergasted. We still had Pryor in ... well, much later than I ever would have expected. Now, some of the scoring came in garbage time ... but damn.

That was not Tresselball.

I'm flabbergasted. We still had Pryor in ... well, much later than I ever would have expected. Now, some of the scoring came in garbage time ... but damn.

That was not Tresselball.
    Playing for that Heisman man.

Playing for that Heisman man.
    Trust me ... Tressel doesn't do that.

If anything, he was making sure the guys were as sharp as possible before the Big Ten.

Trust me ... Tressel doesn't do that.

If anything, he was making sure the guys were as sharp as possible before the Big Ten.
    No doubt man, but those last two touchdowns with Terrell (and the starters) in there were just uncalled for. I mean, they throw the ball to Pryor for a fuckin' touchdown when they're already up 45-20. That's just rubbing it in the face of the opponent for no reason.

Pushing it to 73 was just ridiculous. Scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter is also just ridiculous, especially when the first one was a freakin' pass play. Just some pretty classless playcalling...