Thread: Monster Hunter World - PS4, XB1 (PC in Q4 2018)

• Facebook
  • Display

Monster Hunter World - PS4, XB1 (PC in Q4 2018)

So this was not on my radar at all, never played the series.

Friends were raving about it, reviews were very high, so decided to check it out.

Definitely has a little learning curve, but there are so many things about it in just a few hours of gameplay that are really cool.

Anyone else playing this?
    The dude abides.

I've never played one of these games. How does a game like this compare to Shadow of the Colossus? Is it just a bunch of boss fights in a more open world? Gets 91 on Metacritic. Is this aimed at younger gamers? Looks like you have a big sword and guns. How much variety is there?

Last edited by Rudy; 02-09-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I've never played one of these games. How does a game like this compare to Shadow of the Colossus? Is it just a bunch of boss fights in a more open world? Gets 91 on Metacritic. Is this aimed at younger gamers? Looks like you have a big sword and guns. How much variety is there?

There's a main home hub like Destiny where you can forge and upgrade weapons and buy stuff then you go on hunts, the hunts have a stipulation, like kill 5 male of this species and 3 female. The interesting thing is these hunts have a time limit.

Don't think this is geared towards kids because of the game's difficulty. You don't level up your player, you level up your gear. The leveling up is very in-depth. You get all base weapons from the start, and there are a ton of them like the big swords, katana blades, crossbows, and much more.

I have only did one play session for a few hours so far, may look to play more tonight, but so far I'm seeing what the hype is.

Some kinda downplayed it for the fact that they made this game more accessible to the casual crowd compared to previous games that were even more hardcore.
    The dude abides.

The game looks kinda cool but I just can't get over how stupid that fucking sword looks. Why do they have to do dumb shit like that? It literally makes me not want to even try the game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The game looks kinda cool but I just can't get over how stupid that fucking sword looks. Why do they have to do dumb shit like that? It literally makes me not want to even try the game.
    Probably because you have to have something that big to take down those monsters LOL actually that's just one of like 20 base weapons you get right off the bat, so you don't have to even use the big saw. You can use a ranged weapon or a katana or even a hammer if you're a Thor fanboy
    The dude abides.

I am currently playing it, it definitely has a learning curve but the deeper I get into it the more I am enjoying it and realizing all the crap you can do on this game.