Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 Thread - June 14-16, 2016

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    As someone who was never into rpg in the past but enjoyed DAI (not perfect, too many fetch quests but enjoyable party combat) will Skyrim be fun? I think I want to give the game a shot in third person. I just read your last Gen impressions and it seems there are a lot of different builds for characters - magic, sword and board, archery, stealth. I like options. Can you change at all during a play through? Or must you stay the same type of fighter the whole time? Is combat fun?
    As someone who put somewhere near 500 hours in Skyrim, yeah it is worth a go. I barely touched DAI because I did not like the combat and tactical nature of controlling a group. Skyrim is pretty simple in that regard as you are controlling one player and it is basic hack and slash, crossbow or use magic, etc. Plus you have enchanting where you can make a sword that has magic effects and so on. There is a ton to do and learn. Not to mention the mods have been added which can drastically change the game in numerous ways, plus more weapon variety and armor to choose from.

The different starting races really do not define a character but they do give them special attributes for certain things from the get-go. After that it is all up to you and where you put skill points (Click on link to play around with this - no matter the character you have access to every perk). You should be able to reset the perks, something that was not available for the consoles until one of the DLC's came out with this added. You are stuck to one character but how they play is solely up to you. Plus with resetting perks you can completely change a playstyle.

Here is a list of the different character and bonuses they start with.

My only complaint about the remaster is that it is still 30fps. I am sure it will be locked but still disappointing.

Thanks! I will check that stuff out. I'm not worried much about 30 fps. I thought uc4 looked great. I did think the remastered uncharted looked really good at 60 fps but Tomb Raider on ps4 does not look that hot. Some things look nice and then the water and frame rate look crap at times. I swear it felt like 10 fps in some scenes.

Just getting a chance to check out some of the videos from last night. Holy shit Battlefield 1 multiplayer looked fun! I can't wait for October. That game is going to be a fucking blast.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

Early Alpha but not really impressed so far.
    Yeah not for $60 for sure.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    As someone who was never into rpg in the past but enjoyed DAI (not perfect, too many fetch quests but enjoyable party combat) will Skyrim be fun? I think I want to give the game a shot in third person. I just read your last Gen impressions and it seems there are a lot of different builds for characters - magic, sword and board, archery, stealth. I like options. Can you change at all during a play through? Or must you stay the same type of fighter the whole time? Is combat fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    As someone who put somewhere near 500 hours in Skyrim, yeah it is worth a go. I barely touched DAI because I did not like the combat and tactical nature of controlling a group. Skyrim is pretty simple in that regard as you are controlling one player and it is basic hack and slash, crossbow or use magic, etc. Plus you have enchanting where you can make a sword that has magic effects and so on. There is a ton to do and learn. Not to mention the mods have been added which can drastically change the game in numerous ways, plus more weapon variety and armor to choose from.

The different starting races really do not define a character but they do give them special attributes for certain things from the get-go. After that it is all up to you and where you put skill points (Click on link to play around with this - no matter the character you have access to every perk). You should be able to reset the perks, something that was not available for the consoles until one of the DLC's came out with this added. You are stuck to one character but how they play is solely up to you. Plus with resetting perks you can completely change a playstyle.

Here is a list of the different character and bonuses they start with.

My only complaint about the remaster is that it is still 30fps. I am sure it will be locked but still disappointing.
    Yeah this game is amazing. The only time I care about fps is shooters like Overwatch so I'm okay with that. I don't think I'll get this right away at $60 though like Amazon currently has it, but they haven't updated the release date yet so that could be a placeholder. Still at $40 I wouldn't get it either, those things drop like a rock quick so when it hits $20 I'll snag it and try to get the double platinum
    The dude abides.

Microsoft presser is now underway...

Begins with look at new Xbox One S.

Xbox head Phil Spencer takes the stage. Xbox One S starts at $299 this August.

now Rod Fergusson on-stage to show off Gears of War 4.

Xbox Anywhere. If game has that icon, you can play it on XB1 & Windows 10. GOW4 will feature cross-play between Xbox One & Windows 10.

Now for Gears of War 4 demo....
    Last edited by cdj; 06-13-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Time for some Xbox goodness!

Starting off with the Slim Xbox One.

Slimmer
    40% smaller
    Integrated power supply
    4k Ultra HD & Blueray
    Increased controller range
    2 TB internal HD

Officially named Xbox One S. Apparently releasing this August.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-13-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Starting off the games with Gears of War 4.

First game to be part of Xbox Play Anywhere. Buy it on Xbox One and you can play it on Windows 10 PCs as well.

Xbox players and PC players will be able to play together.

All new horde mode announced.

MS is coming out swinging! $300 for the new system is nice too.
    The dude abides.

Crowd is juiced, pops at every announcement, big or small.

That sawblade gun! LOVE IT!
    The dude abides.

Gears of War 4 is gonna be fun! Can't wait for it to come out.

Fuck! Gears of War 4 Xbox One Elite controller. Goddamnit! I just bought an Elite. Facepalm.

Will be a GOW4 Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller.

Now talking Killer Instinct.

General Raam from GOW coming to KI.

Last edited by cdj; 06-13-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Showed Killer Instinct. Play for free with General Raam this week.

Now onto Forza Horizon 3.

A look at XB1/W10 exclusive Forza Horizon 3.

Forza Horizon 3 is based in Australia.

Nice little surprise with an older Fenix at the end of the Gears trailer.
    The dude abides.

That flip by the buggy got a nice pop out of the crowd.

I've always stuck with Forza Motorsport, never bothered with the Horizon series, but I'm tempted now.