Thread: Pes 2017 (ps4/xb1/pc)

• Facebook
  • Display

Pes 2017 (ps4/xb1/pc)

Control Reality

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/

Real Touch – See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.

Precise Pass – Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.

Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life – but it doesn’t stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.

Goal Keeping – Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when the goal is scored.

Total Team Control – Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.

Advanced Instructions – Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and heavy man-mark which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in “Advanced Instructions”, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.

Corner Kick Control – Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or man-marking. Offensive options are also included such as specific player movement.

Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behavior has always been a staple of the PES series and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.
    Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations

Authentic Visuals – For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from the player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.

Nothing too exciting but, as usual, I'll keep an eye on it. Chances are that I'll stick with FIFA but I'm not closed to the idea of a second football game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Nothing too exciting but, as usual, I'll keep an eye on it. Chances are that I'll stick with FIFA but I'm not closed to the idea of a second football game.
    I will be going back to FIFA unless they can wow me. PES 16 had it's moments and I thought the jostling was much better but not having all those licenses is a pain to recreate and adding a fill league like the MLS is not worth it. Plus all the authentic stadiums compared to PES.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I will be going back to FIFA unless they can wow me. PES 16 had it's moments and I thought the jostling was much better but not having all those licenses is a pain to recreate and adding a fill league like the MLS is not worth it. Plus all the authentic stadiums compared to PES.
    I'm not familiar with how skimpy PES is on the stadium front but I can imagine it's not good. For me, the licensing is a big deal too. Along those lines, another factor is the depth in Europe and, particularly, having 4 levels of the English system (my understanding is that PES only has 2 levels).

The only thing that I'm aware of that PES has that I'm envious of is the UCL license. I do wish FIFA would take that away.

Here’s a bit more PES 2017 information on how our partnership with FC Barcelona will enhance the game when it’s released in Europe on 15th September 2016:

• Exclusive rights to recreate FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou stadium.
    • The club’s famed offensive, playing style will be fully implemented, as will the club anthem ‘Himno’.
    • In-game versions of FC Barcelona’s historical kits.
    • Special promotions in myClub mode that will allow you to add FC Barcelona stars such as Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr and Luis Suarez to your squads.
    • FC Barcelona Legends available in myClub.

Courtesy: PS Blog

They should change the name of this game to FCB 2017. :rolleyes:

Last edited by cdj; 08-30-2016 at 07:36 PM.

I like the heck outta this game. I played the demo for a few hours, then went out and bought the game.

Then I went over to this site, paid $5 for an option file they emailed me. Now it has all the correct team names, leagues, etc...I know you can do it for free, I tried that but this $5 for the entire file was well worth the $5. http://www.pesuniverse.com/category/news/

I'll probably still get FIFA when it comes out but PES is really fun! It feels like a real soccer match, my kids are loving it, it's hard to score and you really have to work to build up the play from end to end. Compared to FIFA 14, PES 2017 is A LOT MORE FUN, feels much more realistic. The graphics are AMAZING!

For what it's worth I always read here and on other sites how great NFL2k was and how it had awesome features. I've always been an EA guy but I have to say this PES 2017 feels like a better futbol game.

I even put it to the kid test, we plugged in PES2017 and played 3 games. Then we turned on the FIFA17 demo (keep in mind we're playing the full version of PES2017 and the demo of FIFA17) but we all agree that the PES2017 is more fun, looks better and plays smoother.

I've seen some videos online where PES has taken out some animations, but they are so slight that the human eye doesn't catch them and it actually tricks your brain/eye to fill in the gaps. Who knows if this actually is done but comparing the 2, PES2017 just feels smoother, it looks and feels like watching a real football match on T.V. The FIFA 17 demo on the other hand, the players do have that robotic look/feel to them, when they turn, just their arm movements, etc...

I will say I'm having a harder time than I'd like getting all the teams and real world stuff to work on PES2017. There is a $5 file I paid for, it's not just plug and play, there is some work on my end that has to be done, kinda like how we used to have to edit NCAA football names and ratings. The good news is you CAN have the real world players, teams, kits, stadiums, managers, logos, everything on PES2017. I was really surprised how the announcers even say the names that are loaded in. The bad news is, when I play a user v user game with one of my sons it tells me the user data that was loaded by my profile cannot be shared/seen by my son's profile so it resorts back to the default data. When I play the CPU it works just fine. I've sent an email to them asking if there is something we can do on our end to make it work.

In the end though, since I usually take over lower tier team on FIFA I don't really care if they are real world stuff anyways, I prefer the better playing game, the game that feels more like the truly beautiful game is PES2017 for me and my kids.

I've put buying FIFA17 on the back burner. The sad thing is I read reviews on EA's NHL17 and it doesn't seem to please a lot of people, maybe it's time for other companies to come out with sports titles.