Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 3 Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Michigan looks like they are waking up, leading UMass 21-17 at the half.

Vandy up at Ole Miss 7-0 nearing half.

Looks like Michigan isn't the only one needing to wake up. Penn State only winning 14-0 over Kent State halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Watching the North Texas/Army game... Army is a heavy dose of triple-option veer running. I'll be curious to see if they implement that into NCAA Football next year, especially since that's something that some have requested a while.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Watching the North Texas/Army game... Army is a heavy dose of triple-option veer running. I'll be curious to see if they implement that into NCAA Football next year, especially since that's something that some have requested a while.
    Man, I hope so. Having the veer in NCAA would be AWESOME.

Having the veer in NCAA would bring back bad, bad memories for me. But I would love to see them put in some "older" playbook schemes. NFL Head Coach let you run with playbooks (they came with fake offensive coordinators) that didn't actually exist in the NFL. It'd be very nice to see something like that in NCAA too.

On Week 3 discussion ... Terrelle Pryor went two games without a pick, but has thrown two interceptions into double coverage in the last three drives for Ohio State. Ugh.

The first interception was exceptionally bad, because he underthrew a wide open receiver two plays before. That would have been a touchdown. He then took a sack, and then threw into double coverage. Very bad three play sequence for the Bucks.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

VA Tech losing at home 17-14 to ECU at half. What is wrong with VT?

right now, I'm looking good on the GT-UNC game. I picked GT, UNC was the favorite with a 1.5 spread. even if UNC scores to win, it'll likely be 31-30, so I'll still win.

Arkansas and ECU are also doing good for me. Kansas State and Maryland are not.
    both are close though, so maybe they can pull through in the end.

Georgia just tied Arkansas at 24.come on Arkansas, don't let me down!
    Last edited by Solidice; 09-18-2010 at 02:02 PM.

And Massachusetts with a touchdown with 2:05 left. Michigan now only with a 42-37 lead. That and the very sub-par performance by Penn State, today has been a bit of a let down for the Big Ten so far with the addition of Purdue and Illinois having close games against their MAC opponents.

Wondering if Beamer has totally lost the locker room or wtf is going on at Va Tech

GT beats UNC 30-24

Kansas State beat Iowa State 27-20

Arkansas wins 31 -24

looks like a good start for my picks. I may go 3-1 in the early games.(Maryland not covering)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Wondering if Beamer has totally lost the locker room or wtf is going on at Va Tech
    After that loss to Boise State, they're now trying to screw over the Broncos on anything they might have gained with that win.

Argh! This season of college football is going to kill my remote. All the games I WANT to watch are coming on TV right now. Air Force-Oklahoma on Fox Sports Net Ohio, Florida-Tennessee on CBS, Arizona State-Wisconsin on ABC, Nebraska-Washington on ESPN2, and USC-Minnesota on ESPN, all right now at the same time. Toss in East Carolina-Virginia Tech that I have going on my computer right now on ESPN3, and this is like football overload.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-18-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Air Force - Oklahoma about to start on Fox Sports Net.

I didn't notice until just now, but BYU is about to take on FSU on ESPNU. Of course, Air Force beat BYU and Oklahoma annihilated FSU last week. Interesting to see those two matchups this week on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Toss in East Carolina-Virginia Tech that I have going on my computer right now on ESPN3, and this is like football overload.
    That was me last week. I had Ohio State - Miami on my HDTV, Notre Dame - Michigan on my 19" TV, and James Madison - VT on ESPN3. FSU - Oklahoma got checked occasionally.

Alabama has already scored. Gonna be a long day for Duke.

3-1 to open up Week 3 Pick Em' (missed GT @ UNC)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    That was me last week. I had Ohio State - Miami on my HDTV, Notre Dame - Michigan on my 19" TV, and James Madison - VT on ESPN3. FSU - Oklahoma got checked occasionally.
    Well, some of the games are going to get pushed to the background some. Air Force-Oklahoma and Nebraska-Washington are easily going to get the majority of my viewing time as those are the two I have been looking forward to the most.

I just wish they would stop putting all the good, interesting games on at the same time every week. I'm going to end up going through multiple remotes this season at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    Alabama has already scored. Gonna be a long day for Duke.

Well, some of the games are going to get pushed to the background some. Air Force-Oklahoma and Nebraska-Washington are easily going to get the majority of my viewing time as those are the two I have been looking forward to the most.

I just wish they would stop putting all the good, interesting games on at the same time every week. I'm going to end up going through multiple remotes this season at this rate.
    I have 3 TV's and 2 computers going right now. My electric bill is going to be sky high.

Air Force got somewhere around 50 yards with an awesome play. Lined up in, essentially, I-Form Y-Trips. Motioned the far receiver (guess technically the flanker) into the backfield between the FB and TB, creating a Maryland I look. Option read to the FB, but Jefferson kept it. Pitched it out to the flanker, with the tailback going out with a power lead on the CB. Flanker cut it upfield underneath the CB, and ran for a while.

Very cool play. That's yet another Air Force play I've seen the last two weeks that looks like it should come from a video game, not from the field of play.