Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-11 NHL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    How's he doing in regards to the concussion?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    How's he doing in regards to the concussion?
    From what I've read, it's not a concern. More tests are coming to be certain as well as tests to be sure that they can isolate a fainting spell as the culprit in his fall. Good news all around, thus far.

As an aside, JB, Bobrovsky had another solid outing in a 4-2 win over Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    From what I've read, it's not a concern. More tests are coming to be certain as well as tests to be sure that they can isolate a fainting spell as the culprit in his fall. Good news all around, thus far.
    That's good. I remember reading some reports right after everything happened that he at least had a concussion, along with whatever was wrong that they were trying to find out, but I never heard if the concussion was just minor or more serious. Can't wait to see him back on the ice.

:rolleyes:

Yep, considering Leighton's out for two months....Bobrovsky may not give the job back. Still a long ways to go. There will be a rookie slump somewhere in there I'm sure of. It'll just depend on how he bounces back from it. Definitely loving the start though.

well thinking i am gonna be the only Blues fan on here I will put my .02 cents in. We look like we are going to have a decent year. i think we will actually make it into the playoffs this year. but dont see us higher than a 6 seed. And steeler the Blues have been doing that promo (players deleviring tickets to season holders) for 3 years now. its always been pretty cool though my brother has been a season holder for 10 years he didnt get a visit.
    For the blues i think your gonna hear the name T.J. Oshie quite a bit this year and he has been impressive all preseason as well as the first 2 games.
    Also they are doing a cool promo that if they dont make the playoffs you only pay for 1/2 of your season ticket price. I should make about 10-15 games this year and i got a sweet deal for opening night when i won a drawing at a bar we were at before the Cardinals game that i got 2 free club tickets for free. Was a great night spent with my son as i got hammered drunk and ate like a king for free!

Alright, violator, glad to have another voice to talk hockey with. The Blues definitely are headed in the right direction. They have a similar buzz around their young talent that Pittsburgh and Chicago had a few years back. Obviously, much of the immediate future rests between the pipes with Halak. I'm definitely excited to watch them this year.

I didn't know that the Blues were also having players deliver season tickets. That is so awesome! I still can't believe that hasn't become the norm. I guess that's why the Pens are thought so highly of in regard to fan relations. You may have heard, but Pittsburgh added a preseason game this year and gave EVERY ticket to youth groups and students and turnred it into a job fair (to try to keep the college kids in Pittsburgh). They also keep a couple hundred tickets available and sell them just before game time to students (who line up hours early) at half price. Occasionally, when the lines form early, they'll send players out with pizzas to feed those kids. They also broadcast the game outside the arena for those who don't get tickets. Good stuff, and smart.

Not to be lost in the rambling, nice win by your Avalanche tonight, Smooth. That shootout (which I generally am opposed to) was intense. Any time Detroit loses, it's good in my book!

I agree with anytime Detroit loses its a good thing!!
    That is a cool thing with the pizzas and broadcasting outside. Wish the Blues did that. But they actually do alot of signings through the year. And anytime Brett Hull is in town he is always at his resturant and he is the nicest guy you ever met.
    I think Halak will be fine and with some of the saves he has made already I was happy. It's just nice that we might get back to our winning ways. We have a long time to go to break our record of consceutive playoff appereances!!

Yeah, just good PR and good business by the Pens. Build heritage with college kids and try to keep them in Pittsburgh. Good for the city, and good for the team when those kids start making some money. It's something they've done since Lemiuex took over. Now, they have a waiting list for season tickets and they still do it. Growing heritage with future earners and trying to keep them in Pittsburgh is very smart.

Wow, the Pens are now 1-3-0 after tonight's 4-3 loss to Toronto. With Orpik and Michalek both banged up, the D corps is suffering a bit. They're really missing Staal's 2-way abilities too.

They're now 0-3 at Consol Energy Center, too. May be time to cut the power back on at The Igloo.

Ouch! Yeah power up the Igloo and drive the zamboni over!

I didn't see the 1st or most of the 2nd periods of yesterday's loss to Toronto. It was nice to see Deryk Engelland take out Colton Orr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1szOLDTgM

Damn. Horrible Elbowing Major and Game Misconduct given to Kris Letang. It was a totally clean hit. I'll post it if it goes up on youtube. That BS turned a 2-0 Pittsburgh lead into a 2-2 game going to the 3rd.

EDIT: 2-2 going to OT.

EDIT EDIT: Pens win, 3-2 in OT. Goligoski scores the winner on the PP at 1:51 for Pittsburgh's first win at Consol Energy Center. They'll be at JB's Flyers tomorrow at 6 EST.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 10-15-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Here's Letang's hit. Just an awful call.

http://thehockeywriters.com/kris-let...egal-headshot/

At full speed, the call isn't awful. At full speed I would have made the same call.

On replay, it's obvious it was wrong though.

As that blog discusses, it raises questions about the rule itself, actually.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yeah, I understand why the call was made. I just hope the NHL doesn't actually count this as a strike toward Letang getting suspended. Hopefully, they don't compound the situation in such a manner.

Good news. The NHL acknowledged Letang's hit was shoulder-to-shoulder so there will be no ramifications from the Game Misconduct he took last night.

More good news. Pens 5, Flyers 1.

Of some concern, Brent Johnson is 3-0 in net while Marc-Andre Fluery is 0-3.

The Penguins host the Senators tonight with a chance to get above .500. With Orpik, Staal, Michalek and Asham all out of the lineup for most (in some cases ALL) of the young season, that would be a bit of an accomplishment.

Smooth, I hear that the Avs may be in the market for a puck-moving blueliner to aid their PP. I know that management has been pretty frugal. It's been suggested that NJ (whose cap issues have been temporarily relieved by Rolston's injury) may be a trade partner or that the Avs may wait to claim Souray (at half of his 5.4 M cap hit) on re-entry waivers assuming the Oilers make such a move. Do you think the Avs will commit to those kinds of numbers?

Pittsburgh looked very good in a 5-2 win over Ottawa.

Their PP has caught fire (5 of their last 13 after starting 3 of 27).

They continue to get points out of their defensemen (an NHL best 21 in 7 games) and Goligoski and Martin are tied as the league's top-scoring blueliners with 7 points each. Goligoski leads all defensemen with 3 goals and has contributed a point in each of the Penguins 7 games this season. Kind of ironic since Pittsburgh's focus was on more defensive defensemen in the offseason and since Orpik and Michalek are out.

Also, Mark Letestu is leading all NHL rookies in goals (4) and points (7).

Brent Johnson is now 4-0 in net as Pittsburgh has won 3 consecutive games in 4 days to move to 4-3-0.

Up next, at Nashville on Thursday and at St. Louis on Saturday (I'm looking at you, Violator ).
    Last edited by steelerfan; 10-19-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Watching my Canucks this year is definitely a jekle and hyde story. How can you look so bad against the Wild one night and then dominate them the next night? Frustrating! However, with Luongo struggling it's great to see Schneider stepping it up. Also, Daniel Sedin... on fire!!!

The Pens beat Nashville 4-3 (OT) on Thursday before dropping a 1-0 (OT) game tonight in St. Louis. At 5-3-1, they lead the Atlantic Division. Orpik returned tonight an Asham is expected to play Tuesday in Tampa. That will leave Staal and Michalek as the remaining injured Pens.

What is wrong with the Devils? A 6-1 home loss to Buffalo leaves them at 2-5-1. Wow. I know they benched Kovalchuk and Brodeur had the night off, but wow! Not a good start for NJ.