Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo NX Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Nintendo NX Discussion

As rumors and information start to come out, I figured it would be good to start a thread.

If this system is the super machine that is being rumored, I might be interested.

Some very interesting news came out today though...

Report Suggests Nintendo NX "May Work With PlayStation 4"
    The dude abides.

Let the bashing begin

No chance in hell that it works with PS4 (or XB1). Nintendo makes toys and sadly they should just become a software company.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Nintendo makes toys and sadly they should just become a software company.
    They flopped with the WiiU but they have so much money in the bank they could flop a couple more gens if they wanted to. Sorry but they will stay in the hardware business. The suggestion that they stop making handheld systems is LOL worthy.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/7/8564...ancial-results

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintend...s#.VUuzTKTF-tt

Handhelds is their best bet but Nintendo is dying imo. People don't care as much about Mario as they used to. Mario games dominated the top ten list of games sold in the 90s. Nintendo may have a lot of cash but without serious third party support they are just pissing their money away. If EA and Call of Duty etc don't appear on the system it's DOA. I do think mobile will kill the Handhelds too.

Fun NPD fact, the highly rated Tomb Raider Xbox One exclusive never touched the top ten.

Oct
    8. Yoshi’s Wooly World (Wii U)

Sept
    6. Super Mario Maker (Wii U)

June
    6. Splatoon (Wii U)

May
    5. Splatoon (Wii U)
    10. Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)

April
    9. Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)

March
    4. Mario Party 10 (Wii U)

Feb
    1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS)
    10. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

Jan
    6. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS)

This is in a year when no new 3D Mario games were released and WiiU Zelda is nowhere to be found. Still had no problem selling their first party software on one system. Hardware sales were down all around and they still made a profit. Things that are "dying" generally do not have profits and such. The problem Nintendo has right now is they can't release First Party content fast enough but that has been an issue since the N64 days. They have a LOYAL fan base that will buy up anything they throw out. Does it hurt not having a bunch of 3rd party software? Yeah, but let's not forget the Wii sold over 100 million consoles. A shitload more than the PS3 or 360 and it did not have the greatest of 3rd party support. Nintendo jumped the gun releasing the WiiU and it cost them to an extent, yet they are still finding a way to make money. Nintendo is also going to cash in on the mobile craze with Mario and the rest of it's properties. They already said that early last year.

Ask Sega how successful leaving the hardware industry was. People used to love Sonic franchise. They are able to sell Sonic to everyone now, how is that working out for Team Sonic?

Used to be sold in Happy Meals.

Now selling Happy Meals.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 01-21-2016 at 05:26 AM.

Unlike the WiiU, the NX has my attention.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Unlike the WiiU, the NX has my attention.
    I just wish Nintendo would tell us what the flipping heck it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I just wish Nintendo would tell us what the flipping heck it is.
    E3

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    E3
    But that is when you have to share the spotlight. Nintendo needs the spotlight all to themselves.

But that is when you have to share the spotlight. Nintendo needs the spotlight all to themselves.
    New hardware always dominates the news cycle

But when was the last console revealed at E3? Not the PS4 or XB1. PS3 and 360? Nada.

WiiU? Correct!

Nintendo didn't even have a show at E3 last year.
    The dude abides.

But when was the last console revealed at E3? Not the PS4 or XB1. PS3 and 360? Nada.

WiiU? Correct!
    E3 is typically when Nintendo puts their stuff out. I was at the E3 conference the year the 3DS was first shown. It really was the talk of the show. Nintendo is always scared that if they show their cards too soon, someone will imitate (a la PlayStation Move or the Vita connecting with the PS4). "Winning" E3 gives them momentum going into the fall and holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Nintendo didn't even have a show at E3 last year.
    The last 2 or 3 years. It's easier to control the message (and is cheaper) to make a long YouTube video of all your stuff.

Nintendo isn't my thing... BUT... Mario 3D World and Mario Maker are outstanding games!!!

EA CEO Andrew Wilson had shared that they will “evaluate any and all opportunities” with Nintendo NX, and that certainly appears to be the case with reports that the third-party publisher has software development kits.

These had been rumoured to have entered distribution last October, but Did You Know Gaming and Unseen64 contributor Liam Robertson has today shared that an unnamed source has suggested that EA has had them “for a while” and will discuss their intended plans with Nintendo in March.

“EA has NX development kits. They have for a while and they’re meeting with Nintendo in March to hash things out and discuss potential plans,” Robertson shared on Twitter. “Don’t read too much into this. It means what it means – potential plans. It sounds like mostly very early stuff and EA is still unsure.”

He continued, “EA wants Nintendo to do more cross promotion stuff. They’ve been very disappointed that Nintendo doesn’t do EA Sports console bundles. Nintendo is the only one of the big three that doesn’t do this, and they’re hoping to get them to budge on this. EA wants Nintendo to help them cultivate an audience for sports fans if they’re going to go on board with NX.”

Link

The NX has my attention.
    The dude abides.

Looks like there are leaked photos of the controller....

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/0...le-crazy/#gref

The dude abides.

Not my work, it was created on gaf when this was leaked a few days ago.