Thread: Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Now Available

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How does EA not know and/or fix some of these issues? Despite the best gameplay in years I find myself annoyed with the game due to the franchise problems. To think I almost paid for faster shipping with Amazon. Game has been released for over a month and still some serious issues. Might as well hang a sign up and say don't buy me for two months until I patch out all the errors.

I really dislike how XP and RPG driven franchise has become and that's where a lot of errors are coming from. So much of that was due to merging of my player and franchise too. I didn't like the merge when they announced that 3 years ago and it's still hurting the game. No other sports game merges those modes. And many bugs are a result of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    How does EA not know and/or fix some of these issues? Despite the best gameplay in years I find myself annoyed with the game due to the franchise problems. To think I almost paid for faster shipping with Amazon. Game has been released for over a month and still some serious issues. Might as well hang a sign up and say don't buy me for two months until I patch out all the errors.

I really dislike how XP and RPG driven franchise has become and that's where a lot of errors are coming from. So much of that was due to merging of my player and franchise too. I didn't like the merge when they announced that 3 years ago and it's still hurting the game. No other sports game merges those modes. And many bugs are a result of it.
    I've come to the conclusion that most/many of these issues have to be caught during QA testing and that either: (1) EA doesn't have the talent/man power to fix them and/or (2) they do not care b/c they have no competition and they know the game is going to sell no matter what condition they put it out in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Not to defend EA but that has been par for the course this whole gen for most developers and games. Buy a game on release day and expect a big day one patch that does not come close to fixing most of a games problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Not to defend EA but that has been par for the course this whole gen for most developers and games. Buy a game on release day and expect a big day one patch that does not come close to fixing most of a games problems.
    Pretty much, even the great NBA 2K had it's release day issues..but that seemingly slid under the rug I suppose.

Literally every game seems to come with a first day or soon after patch