Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's FIFA 16 Manager Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm still debating which system to get this on. I'm 100% used to and comfortable playing FIFA on the Xbox One controller, it'd just feel weird while trying to play on PS4.

Yet, I sort of want to get it on PS4 on the off chance enough of us buy the game and we consoder trying to revive the TGT FC league that some of you guys had going a couple years ago.

But that's literally the only multiplayer I would ever play on FIFA. I just stick to player and manager career modes otherwise, so I have no problem going solo on Xbox One.
    As far as I know the only ones that have it are deuce, Escobar, bdoughty (assuming he got it today) and myself. I'm not sure if any of those guys would play in a league and I'm not sure if anyone else would get the game. I know that doesn't help but it's all I know at this point.

Just watched your recorded stream... good game. For a second I thought you might have scored from midfield right near the end of the game.

Also saw you were looking at ST Simeon Jackson. Good Canadian kid and for cheap too. You know you want him!

I'm going to be streaming a League 1 match with Swindon Town very shortly.

www.twitch.tv/steelerfan1933

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm going to be streaming a League 1 match with Swindon Town very shortly.

www.twitch.tv/steelerfan1933
    Watched a bit of the game but the stream kept freezing on my end (two kids streaming netflix and youtube... twitch was too much). Did you end up holding on for the win?

A scoreless draw with Swindon Town.

Spoiler: show

Out of curiosity, when you get a chance could I get an update on Crystal Palace? Mid to low table is what I would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Out of curiosity, when you get a chance could I get an update on Crystal Palace? Mid to low table is what I would expect.
    I will do so, next time I hop on.

How's that guy's shoulder injury?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It's early days but Palace are in the drop zone.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    How's that guy's shoulder injury?
    That was Fullback Nadjim Abdou. He'll be good to go for Saturday's League clash at Bradford City.

Speaking of injuries, Midfielder Ed Upson is still recovering from an ankle sprain and will likely miss 3 more matches.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    It's early days but Palace are in the drop zone.
    By the way, that makes Palace supporter and fit bird Rebecca Lowe nervous.

Lost to Bradford City on a looping, curling shot from the left side of the 18-yard line that dropped in the top right corner in the 87th minute.

Question: does FIFA have any type of World Cup mode or is it all about the leagues?

Question: does FIFA have any type of World Cup mode or is it all about the leagues?
    In Manager Career, you can get offered to manage an international side. If you do and you qualify for the World Cup, then yes (though it is called something else).

Also, you can create custom tournaments outside of Career Mode.

steelerfan's FIFA 16 Manager Career

Gotcha.

The game definitely looks like the crown jewel of EA Sports but the problem is that I have no knowledge or interest in these teams. I'm more interested in international qualifying for the World Cup and playing the World Cup itself because at least I have a horse in the race (Stars and Stripes, baby!) I'm sure that game or mode lacks depth of league play but that holds my interest more.

Gotcha.

The game definitely looks like the crown jewel of EA Sports but the problem is that I have no knowledge or interest in these teams. I'm more interested in international qualifying for the World Cup and playing the World Cup itself because at least I have a horse in the race (Stars and Stripes, baby!) I'm sure that game or mode lacks depth of league play but that holds my interest more.
    The problem is that only Europe and South America are deep enough in the game to make playing with national squads worthwhile.

With the US, there would be no WC Qualifying, you'd just be in. Aside from getting invited to the Copa America, all you'd do is play friendlies between World Cups.

If you still have a last gen system, perhaps you should consider picking up FIFA World Cup Brazil to give it a try and see if football gaming is for you. I'm sure you can get it cheap now and it has lots to keep you busy.

Despite desperate struggles in league play, Millwall are fast becoming an imposing cup side as a last-gasp penalty conversion at Stevenage allowed the Lions an opportunity to advance on penalties in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

A new youth scout and a new player signed to the academy.

Center Back Tommie Hoban is on international duty with Ireland and will miss Saturday's league match with Crewe Alexandra.

With PS4 update 3.0 being released today, I was able to stream directly to YouTube.

Anyway, Millwall vs Crewe Alexandra:

https://youtu.be/E7pMpmFVGDw

Andreas Pereira will miss 2 weeks with a femur contusion and Ed Upson is set to return from an ankle injury.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 09-30-2015 at 04:26 PM.