Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 6, 2011

• Facebook
  • Display
    After that one freeze I had at the end of the bowl game, I've had the game freeze only once again and that was on Tuesday. I came home from after being at this apt all weekend and both my PS3 controllers were dead, my USB headset that I don't use because the cable length is too short was plugged in, and MW2 was in instead of NCAA. So I'm like WTF and already frustrated, because that means my little cousin was on my PS3 probably AAALLLL DAAAAY. Start up my offline dynasty game, get to about halftime and it freezes. I just turned the PS3 off. Both times he had been playing the f out of my ish. So I think it's happening because of the PS3 being overheated or worn out.

Do you have your PS3 in a place where it can breathe? Stuffing it in that entertainment center shelf can cause some damage with heavy hours....which is why I keep mine elevated and in open space....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Do you have your PS3 in a place where it can breathe? Stuffing it in that entertainment center shelf can cause some damage with heavy hours....which is why I keep mine elevated and in open space....lol
    What do you use to elevate it? I've tried using a book (broke college student), but I still get the loud whirring sound whenever I play for more than 30 min. Every time I hear that sound I feel like my PS3 is slowly dying. I've also tried to stand it up, but that also doesn't work.

Nah. I either keep it in the game room on a wood floor with nothing within 2 feet of it, which is where it was the first time it froze. Or in a chair, when playing downstairs where there is room for the vents to breathe.

I grabbed the night stand out of my bedroom and put it next to my entertainment center. Buy a small table or something similarly cheap.

I had my phat PS3 on the floor of my new apt for about 2 years, but once it started getting louder, it was getting near the end of its life. That said, I never saw the freezes Oneback is describing ... but definitely had my PS3 running hot.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Well I usually had it on my dresser with my TV behind it. Maybe I should scoot the PS3 up a bit away from the TV.

Only time I get a freeze is after changing playbooks and going back into practice mode....always get a freeze during the loading screen....it's been pretty consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Only time I get a freeze is after changing playbooks and going back into practice mode....always get a freeze during the loading screen....it's been pretty consistent.
    That's the same issue I have been having. I suspect my froze last night may have more to do with the Stadium sounds I setup for Michigan on Monday. The game seems to freeze for a split second when switching from song to song and in the 2nd quarter it finally got me. However, I replayed last night and didn't have any major issues.

I've never had a problem with stadium sounds. I have about 45 of them for about 4 or 5 teams. lol

i feel like my ps3 is slowly dying, it takes forever to load the xmb bar from inside a game im playing to msg someone. once my next gi bill comes in im tempted to get a new one, but prbably will wait till this one dies.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    i feel like my ps3 is slowly dying, it takes forever to load the xmb bar from inside a game im playing to msg someone. once my next gi bill comes in im tempted to get a new one, but prbably will wait till this one dies.
    If you're talking about inside an NCAA game, it's that way for everyone.

ah ok,