Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead [Contains Discussion of Aired Episodes]

• Facebook
  • Display

Fear The Walking Dead [Contains Discussion of Aired Episodes]

Fear The Walking Dead coming in August
    http://comicbook.com/2015/06/01/robe...ebut-in-augus/

Excellent. I thought it was June originally?
    The dude abides.

Last edited by gschwendt; 07-11-2015 at 11:23 AM.

well,at least that looked interesting

Hell yes!
    The dude abides.

Awesomeness

I'm assuming we're just going to combine both TV shows into this same thread, but for now, a good start!

Spoiler: show
    It was a bit slow at times, but with the outbreak just beginning to show around the country, obviously we wouldn't be thrown right into the apocalypse like we were with Rick.

That was a nice setup with the highway scene. It's gonna be something like that. An accident or something, a first responder getting attacked, the cops gunning him down and when he gets back up after a hail of gunfire to the body, finally a head shot to put him away. They won't release video of the encounter, but the body cam or footage from a bystander will end up leaked online like in the show and it'll spread like wildfire in the public thanks to social media.

The only questionable part was the end. Your kid just told you he shot someone. You go to the site and find no body there and you act almost like it was just another drug induced hallucination despite the abandoned car and gun laying on the ground.

Then as they're leaving, they just stand there while the kid runs over the guy in reverse and still just stand there while he floors it and runs him over again after he gets back up. Yes, I'd be freaking out too if someone with a gunshot wound to the chest just tried to bite me and then got up like it was nothing after being rammed with the back of a truck, but still, no response, no reaction, nothing, those two just stand there.

Now the question, what are they gonna do? Do they call police and say their kid did all this but it was in self defense? Or do they just try to pretend it didn't happen and leave and never tell anyone?

Meanwhile, with the quick sequence of upcoming scenes at the end, damn the shit is gonna hit the fan! While all we saw was after civilization collapsed in the original, this time around we're gonna get to see the actual shit go down. The deaths rack up, the military move in, the gangs, rioters and looters start taking over the streets as society starts to crack apart, everything collapse to hell as the power and other utilities die out. It's gonna be fun to watch the world burn!

I PVR'd the show and will watch it in a few hours. I am looking forward to it and really hope that they play up the big city angle in order to show a nice contrast from rural southern USA of TWD.

I said this on Facebook and I'm saying it again. The druggie kid is already more annoying than young Carl. At least Carl was a kid. The dude is gonna be a liability, I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I said this on Facebook and I'm saying it again. The druggie kid is already more annoying than young Carl. At least Carl was a kid. The dude is gonna be a liability, I just know it.
    Without any spoilers... I do NOT like the casting at all!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    You can speak freely about aired episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Didn't have a huge problem with it, but the main couple (the parents) don't look right together. I like the mom's role better though.

Already renewed for a 15 episode second season. Add in the 16 episodes of season 7, and we have Walking Dead taking over 31 Sundays a year. On our way to year-round Walking Dead!

Really digging it so far. It seems way more suspenseful than TWD. I really hope though that don't dive right into full on outbreak right away though but it seems like that is how it is going. I was hoping it would be more of a slower development of people not really believing what is going on. That seemed to happen but seemed to wrap up already in the 2nd episode, just don't want it to get stale too quick. IMO once they go into survival mode it will be too similar to TWD

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Really digging it so far. It seems way more suspenseful than TWD. I really hope though that don't dive right into full on outbreak right away though but it seems like that is how it is going. I was hoping it would be more of a slower development of people not really believing what is going on. That seemed to happen but seemed to wrap up already in the 2nd episode, just don't want it to get stale too quick. IMO once they go into survival mode it will be too similar to TWD
    Agreed.

IMO, right now the only likable main characters are the mom and dad plus Tobias (even if he is a 35-year old high school student). The kids are all like Carl right now....dumb and more bother than they are worth. I am enjoying the show, but you can bet that the kids (and ex-wife, for that matter) are going to do the dumbest thing possible when on-screen.

They did make it a point to show that the police seem to know that headshots are the only way to put down the 'sick.' Anyone else find themselves hoping for a wave of zombies to take over the police protest?

I like the show but as a black dude, I'm glad I don't live in that L.A. All the black dudes (the drug dealer, the boyfriend, and the principal) are all dead. I'm sure it's just oversight by the creators and not legitimate racism but geez. Just like on the other Walking Dead show, black dudes are killed off pretty at a rapid pace. Morgan better be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I like the show but as a black dude, I'm glad I don't live in that L.A. All the black dudes (the drug dealer, the boyfriend, and the principal) are all dead. I'm sure it's just oversight by the creators and not legitimate racism but geez. Just like on the other Walking Dead show, black dudes are killed off pretty at a rapid pace. Morgan better be careful.
    Seriously?

You didn't notice the dead white people? And you purport that white people don't die in the original?

Come on, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Seriously?

You didn't notice the dead white people? And you purport that white people don't die in the original?

Come on, Man!
    Like I said, I don't think the show is being racist. I don't think anyone should boycott the show because #BlackLivesMatter. I don't think anything like that. I realize that everyone but the main characters are on a countdown to zombietown. I'm not angry about it. It's just an observation. None of the white people killed had any relation to the characters. They were randoms. The 3 deaths of "significance", because they had a relationship with the main characters were all black and now they're all dead 2 episodes in. My comment was just an observation. I'm not the only one who has made the observation either.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amcs-...-deaths-2015-8

Good grief, do people just find anything and everything to whine about these days?