Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Week 2 Discussion

For sake of sanity, only posting the TV games now ...

Thursday, Sept. 9
    Central Michigan at Temple, 7 p.m., ESPNU
    Auburn at Mississippi State, 7:30 p.m., ESPN

Friday, Sept. 10
    West Virginia at Marshall, 7 p.m., ESPN
    UTEP at Houston, 10:15 p.m., ESPN

Saturday, Sept. 11
    Georgia at South Carolina, Noon, ESPN or ESPN2
    San Jose State at Wisconsin, Noon, ESPN or ESPN2
    Michigan State at Florida Atlantic, Noon, ESPNU
    Georgia Tech at Kansas, Noon, FSN
    Hawaii at Army, Noon, CBS College
    Illinois State at Northwestern, Noon, Big Ten Network
    South Dakota at Minnesota, Noon, Big Ten Network
    Western Illinois at Purdue, Noon, Big Ten Network
    Michigan at Notre Dame, 3:30 p.m., NBC
    Miami at Ohio State, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
    Florida State at Oklahoma, 3:30 p.m., ABC or ESPN2
    Iowa State at Iowa, 3:30 p.m., ABC or ESPN2
    Kent State at Boston College, 3:30 p.m., ESPNU
    Colorado at California, 3:30 p.m., FSN
    Georgia Southern at Navy, 3:30 p.m., CBS College
    BYU at Air Force, 4 p.m., Versus
    UNLV at Utah, 4 p.m., Mtn.
    Penn State at Alabama, 7 p.m., ESPN
    Oregon at Tennessee, 7 p.m., ESPN2
    Wyoming at Texas, 7 p.m., FSN
    Southern Illinois at Illinois, 7:30 p.m., Big Ten Network
    North Carolina State at UCF, 7:30 p.m., CBS College
    Texas Tech at New Mexico, 8 p.m., Mtn.
    Mississippi at Tulane, 9 p.m., ESPN Classic/ESPN2
    Stanford at UCLA, 10:30 p.m., ESPN
    Virginia at USC, 10:30 p.m., FSN
    Colorado State at Nevada, 10:30 p.m., ESPNU

CFB TV Schedule Thread -- in case I missed any
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The big ones (IMO):

Penn State at Alabama
    Miami at Ohio State
    Florida State at Oklahoma
    Michigan at Notre Dame

Another busy week for the DVR.

I'm so excited for the Michigan / Notre Dame game that I don't know how much of the OSU / Miami game I'll watch. And I don't know the last time I felt that way.

I think South Carolina/UGA could be interesting, as well as Oregon/Tennessee. A lot to look forward to this week.

Debating if I want to wake up to listen to the Huskers on the radio against Idaho

I sure don't wanna start partying at 11:30am with having to DJ that night.

I sure as hell am not going to pay $40 to watch it on PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The big ones (IMO):

Penn State at Alabama
    Miami at Ohio State
    Florida State at Oklahoma
    Michigan at Notre Dame
    Agreed.

I'm intrigued by Auburn/Mississippi State, too.

Texas Tech @ New Mexico.

good scrimmage before playing Texas.

great, I probably jinx TTU now.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Obviously, going to watch the WVU - Marshall game. I swear, if we actually lose to those fuckers, I'm swearing off watching WVU until they fire Stewart. That would hopefully be the last straw to can his dumb ass.

And I will definitely be flipping between 5 different games on Saturday at 3:30:

Miami - Ohio State
    Florida State - Oklahoma
    Iowa - Iowa State
    Georgia Southern - Navy
    Michigan - Notre Dame

And both games Thursday and Friday (though I'll probably watch Thursday night NFL football as well).

And probably watch the Georgia Tech - Kansas game (just to see Georgia Tech smash them)

After that, I'll probably try to catch as much of the Nevada - Colorado State game (since I never get to watch them play)

And watch as much of the UNLV - Utah game at 4pm as I can possible catch (so 6 games around the 3:30pm mark).

I'm interested to see if OU can rebound after their lackluster effort against Utah State. Here's an interesting stat from that game: OU held Utah State to 100 yards on 68 plays . However, the other 12 plays they ran we gave up 330 yards . We had guys in position all night and could not seem to find the football.

I'll be at the Florida State - Oklahoma game. Should be a rowdy one. Florida State fans are already claiming they are going to end the nations longest home winning streak and get revenge for how we cheated them in the 2000 National Championship game. After last weeks game, they might be right.

This is like heaven....some great college games on Saturday and the first NFL Sunday....

I'm genuinely concerned about morsdraconis right now. Marshall looks like gangbusters out there, up 21-6 early in the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'm genuinely concerned about morsdraconis right now. Marshall looks like gangbusters out there, up 21-6 early in the fourth.
    I just had a feeling we were going to lose to them. I'm done with WVU football until that hack of a coach is gone. I don't care if we come back and win it or not, I'm done. I will not waste my money or time on this piece of shit team anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I just had a feeling we were going to lose to them. I'm done with WVU football until that hack of a coach is gone. I don't care if we come back and win it or not, I'm done. I will not waste my money or time on this piece of shit team anymore.
    Before I logged on I checked the score and said, "uh oh, I wonder how morsdraconis is handling this."

A hell of a collapse by Marshall there. WVU comes back to win in the end, but I don't blame you mors. Just the fact that a 15 point, 4th quarter comeback (along with a two point conversion) was required just to force overtime, WVU definitely needs some changes to be made somewhere.

It's the saddest football I've seen... Good god that was terrible... Somehow Marshall blows it all and we win. Apparently, the homer story is that Doc knew all of our handsignals and therefore knew what the plays were (I call bullshit, but whatever). In the end, we're just going to get blasted by someone terrible (probably fuckin' Maryland or UNLV) and it's all for not.

I stand by my comment of no longer supporting the team until that fool of a coach is gone. Barely winning against such an absolutely shitty team as Marshall (and believe me, they are HORRIBLE) is just absolutely inexcusable. But then, 31 points against fuckin' Coastal Carolina wasn't exactly something to write home about.

I watched a good part of the WVU game. I PVR'd the rest but I didn't set it long enough. I saw the comeback and them tie it up but missed all of OT this morning. While the Marshall fumble certainly helped WVU, WVU fumbled quite a bit too.

I think a few things stood out to me about WVU.
    1) Their OL blows. Marshall's DL looked like world beaters against them. Smith was harrassed all night and the OL let them in on the FG block too.
    2) I have no idea what kind of offense they want to run. In the 2nd and 3rd quarter they barely ran any option plays. They were in shotgun a lot but just to throw the ball or get sacked.
    3) They didn't utilize Devine very well until later in the game. The guy is a stud - feed him the ball!

I know Stewart said he wants to get away from Rich Rod's spread and even though I'm not crazy about it at Michigan, I do think it was a signature part of the WVU program and they should keep it. Sort of like Texas Tech sticking with the Air Raid. Going to a conventional offense would just make them another college and doesn't separate them from the pack.

And I also worried for Mors sanity this morning had WVU lost.

I'm definitely watching the Michigan game today. I think the Bama game could turn out lopsided. Strangely, I think the FSU-OU game may be the game of the day. I think Ponder may pull off the upset and get some Heisman love in the process. The guy is a great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    the OL let them in on the FG block too.
    To be fair, they got a FG block against OSU too (how they got their 7 points). I think their DL is considerably better than people would think, though WVU's line did look outclassed last night. We had a couple plays against them where they got a linemen free, but we had a lot more where Pryor had all day to throw.

So much to watch today, this is ridiculous.

Georgia and SCar starting it off at noon.
    THE Ohio State University / Da U, Free Shoes / Ooooooooooklahoma, and scUM / Golden Domers all at 3:30. Good grief.
    Then The Tide and Penn State as the night cap, going up against NASCAR at Richmond (my third favorite track behind Daytona and Indy).
    And, of course, Nevada's Pistol to finish off the night. That's always a good way to end a Saturday.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 09-11-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I watched a good part of the WVU game. I PVR'd the rest but I didn't set it long enough. I saw the comeback and them tie it up but missed all of OT this morning. While the Marshall fumble certainly helped WVU, WVU fumbled quite a bit too.

I think a few things stood out to me about WVU.
    1) Their OL blows. Marshall's DL looked like world beaters against them. Smith was harrassed all night and the OL let them in on the FG block too.
    2) I have no idea what kind of offense they want to run. In the 2nd and 3rd quarter they barely ran any option plays. They were in shotgun a lot but just to throw the ball or get sacked.
    3) They didn't utilize Devine very well until later in the game. The guy is a stud - feed him the ball!

I know Stewart said he wants to get away from Rich Rod's spread and even though I'm not crazy about it at Michigan, I do think it was a signature part of the WVU program and they should keep it. Sort of like Texas Tech sticking with the Air Raid. Going to a conventional offense would just make them another college and doesn't separate them from the pack.

And I also worried for Mors sanity this morning had WVU lost.
    It's been a mark of Stewart (and a two years before RROD left) that our offensive line has been absolutely atrocious. Pat White's last year (2008) was supposed to be one of the best lines WVU was going to EVER have but they were just bad. No cohesiveness and no heart. It looked like they didn't even care to play football.

I don't know what to think. The whole idea of getting someone like Stewart as the coach was we were saving money to be spent on incredible minds at the other coaching spots. It certainly looks like that's not what we've done at all (or Stewart isn't using them right or something).

In the end, it's a trainwreck of football no matter what as long as he's still Coach.

I know NOONE here cares but I'm just pumped Duke is on t.v. here locally in RI!