Makes absolutely no difference to me. I hated midnight releases. Before we got a GameStop in town, I always had to go next town over (20 miles down the highway), had to leave by 11:30, lucky if I even got home by 1am, and usually had to work the next day anyways which meant I couldn't do much beyond 3am. Or even if I didn't have to work, I was usually tired as hell from being awake between 5-7am every day.

Throw in the burned gas driving there and back, standing outside with a bunch of weird ass people in the dark at 12am, usually outside a building with not the greatest lighting from the parking, I was about to start carrying a gun on me if I had to do that much longer. Some of the people out there in those lines were just straight up shady fuckers. Then you had the people who wanted to sit there telling you their whole life story in line. I'm tired, it's 12am, I'm standing in a line with a bunch of weird people in a town I'm not from, I'm not in the mood to talk about whatever inane bullshit you're talking about. Probably the reason I only did that crap maybe two or three times max before I said fuck it and never did it again.

Now, I don't even have to associate with that crap. I just simply digitally preorder the game on my console, preload it and start playing right at 12:01, while all those morons are still standing in line. Or, if I don't want to order it digitally, I just order via Amazon and will patiently wait to play later that afternoon when UPS drops it off. Skip all the bullshit, skip all the risk of standing outside in a dim lit parking lot in the pitch black dark at 12am.