Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I would say that, yes, it takes alot of games and tweaking and testing to get sliders to work. The amount, however, is being exaggerated in this thread. I've never used 100 variations and then 100 more or anything close to that.

I can nail most sliders down in a few games and then it becomes a matter of fine tuning the rest to get the stats I want. From there, I track my stats and make sure the numbers are staying in the ranges that I want.

PS Rudy, where did your statement that it's another year of sliders not being touched come from? Is there evidence of that or was it just a negative comment without basis for M16? Serious question because I'm considering getting Madden this year.
    No, I'm just guessing because no Dev talked about them, I got no info on them from anybody with EA Access and they have been shit for three years. The devs openly admitted to not touching them at all last year. I just think the current group of guys running madden don't care at all about them. The day I see new sliders like kick return blocking, CPU qb awareness, RB ability like NCAA, Etc will be the day I think we'll see real improvement here. I really hope I'm wrong and they work better thus year. I'm going to see if jpdavis can test some sliders. He got the game today I think.

And I agree fully that sliders don't have to be tested that much. It doesn't take long to get a good base set as long as there aren't any fundamental game flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Because these days all they care about is Madden Online. I doubt half of them even know where the sliders are located at in the game because they never worry or care about sliders since they don't get used online.

I went into the zfarls online gameplay twitch comments section last year (madden 15) I asked him about sliders and what does he suggest.

His answer was, "ummm sliders???"

I like playing Madden with a solid set of sliders. I've been using Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders for the last couple of weeks and have been enjoying what seems like realistic stats.
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

Once Madden 16 comes out, hopefully there will be a good set, I don't play online much.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 08-18-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    No, I'm just guessing because no Dev talked about them, I got no info on them from anybody with EA Access and they have been shit for three years. The devs openly admitted to not touching them at all last year. I just think the current group of guys running madden don't care at all about them. The day I see new sliders like kick return blocking, CPU qb awareness, RB ability like NCAA, Etc will be the day I think we'll see real improvement here. I really hope I'm wrong and they work better thus year. I'm going to see if jpdavis can test some sliders. He got the game today I think.

And I agree fully that sliders don't have to be tested that much. It doesn't take long to get a good base set as long as there aren't any fundamental game flaws.
    Thanks, buddy.

Please let us know, if you find anything out.

Fortunately I've been part of a Madden Community for past 7 years that doesn't have to worry about glitches or any if that you say people experience.

We only play unranked games type of seasons, and said abuse, glitches aren't allowed in any of the leagues

Also the "100" reference was a joke though you cannot lie or deny that there haven't been at best let's say multiple slider configurations for NCAA. And multiple is probably put mildly.

And it still isn't an exact set that can be agreed upon! Or that enhances the experience even. Now it's to the point where coaches philosophy has to be changed...and even subsititutions! But there is the recruiting immersion element which keeps people content.

I play Madden to actually strictly play the game. Not scout, draft, set ticket prices, etc, etc.

Speaking of which our Season 20 Super Bowl (Nickelbowl) is tonight at 10:30. Hopefully a good game. Steelers (me) vs Seahawks...which happens to be one of the best if not best Coaches in the league every season.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-18-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks, buddy.

Please let us know, if you find anything out.
    I have some questions out there right now. I remember big debates on whether one of the pass coverage sliders was reversed last year. It worked so poorly nobody could tell what it did.

As long as my guards don't blow away all DTs on inside runs on any difficulty or setting i will enjoy this game more. That ruined the game for me last year. I want to see more dynamic DTs that can make tfls on run plays.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Fortunately I've been part of a Madden Community for past 7 years that doesn't have to worry about glitches or any if that you say people experience.

We only play unranked games type of seasons, and said abuse, glitches aren't allowed in any of the leagues

Also the "100" reference was a joke though you cannot lie or deny that there haven't been at best let's say multiple slider configurations for NCAA. And multiple is probably put mildly.

And it still isn't an exact set that can be agreed upon! Or that enhances the experience even. Now it's to the point where coaches philosophy has to be changed...and even subsititutions! But there is the recruiting immersion element which keeps people content.

I play Madden to actually strictly play the game. Not scout, draft, set ticket prices, etc, etc.

Speaking of which our Season 20 Super Bowl (Nickelbowl) is tonight at 10:30. Hopefully a good game. Steelers (me) vs Seahawks...which happens to be one of the best if not best Coaches in the league every season.
    90% of what you said makes my argument for me. Online sucks (IMO) and your endless slider fiasco proves it (to me). No one is happy, nothing is settled.

I don't make sliders for 12 people to try and break. I make them for me. For me, they work. If I used them in an OD, it would likely be a different story because some people would be better than me, some worse, some cheesers, some "3rd and long exploiters", etc. The only game I ever really enjoyed playing online was NHL 14 and that was just with 3 users.

All of that said, I've NEVER played NCAA 14 but I won't "lie" - if I did, I would have a set of sliders that made ME happy within 2 weeks. And I probably wouldn't need to tweak them much beyond that (if at all).

Good luck in your Super Bowl.

I have some questions out there right now. I remember big debates on whether one of the pass coverage sliders was reversed last year. It worked so poorly nobody could tell what it did.

As long as my guards don't blow away all DTs on inside runs on any difficulty or setting i will enjoy this game more. That ruined the game for me last year. I want to see more dynamic DTs that can make tfls on run plays.

You are right no one is happy that's why these threads get so much action. Always something to fix and always something terribly wrong with the game.

All I care about is EA making the Gameplay as best as possible. No other mode, feature or anything.

Pass trajectory, WR/DB interaction and the different type of catches (YAC!!!! woo) sound awesome to me. Long as they keep bettering the gameplay we both should be happy because in the end the actual playing of the game gets people to stay. If it's terrible no amount of slider work or CFM experience will keep anyone...though I'll still sludge it out because it's really the only game I play faithfully. Madden 25 was awful and played until wheels fell off

Again no one is wrong just personal preference. I don't look at offline players as a bad thing just something that I've never had fun doing against cpu

So I just saw the QB scramble and throw past the line of scrimmage. Just to see that happen on its own every once in a while is pretty cool.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    So I just saw the QB scramble and throw past the line of scrimmage. Just to see that happen on its own every once in a while is pretty cool.
    I hope a flag was thrown.

I hope a flag was thrown.
    Yes. Illegal forward pass.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yes. Illegal forward pass.
    Excellent.

At 6:53 this chip block double ream by forte was cool.

https://youtu.be/Uu2HKF1GZG4

Um, double ream by Forte? I don't want to watch.

At 6:53 this chip block double ream by forte was cool.

https://youtu.be/Uu2HKF1GZG4
    The pass trajectory looked nice on a few of those Corner Post type throws. If that is the lob trajectory addition it looks to be huge.

On another note, CLW I needed some of that Arena football you were talking about in my game lastnight. Steelers came up short 13-10 in OT against the Seahawks

The pass trajectory looked nice on a few of those Corner Post type throws. If that is the lob trajectory addition it looks to be huge.

On another note, CLW I needed some of that Arena football you were talking about in my game lastnight. Steelers came up short 13-10 in OT against the Seahawks
    Well I just watched a MUT game and guys were WIDE OPEN all game long and the winning score was like 30 points (and the guys playing were not very good) and he left points out there. Streaks were money all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Well I just watched a MUT game and guys were WIDE OPEN all game long and the winning score was like 30 points (and the guys playing were not very good) and he left points out there. Streaks were money all game long.
    No idea about MUT I don't play that mode, just know it's a bunch of Pro Bowl teams if not mistaken...depending on the money you spend

Also is that played on All-Madden?

No idea about MUT I don't play that mode, just know it's a bunch of Pro Bowl teams if not mistaken...depending on the money you spend

Also is that played on All-Madden?
    Eventually - yes but these guys have very bad teams

I think MUT is All-Pro

Alot of people don't care or really focus on playing D I don't think. Just pick a play and hope it works.

I focus on Defense and enjoy playing it over Offense. Not the best at it but I do put in the work to be somewhat solid.

Had plenty of low scoring games this version...10-3, 6-3, 17-0, 20-3. This on 9 minute quarters granted accelerated clock is used still gives for roughly 45+ plays per team...unless it's a pick fest. I usually can get anywhere from 2-5 interceptions a game. And drop another 2-3 . Again though we are playing on All-Madden so the AI is much better than on All-Pro

2-5 interceptions per game???