Thread: 2015 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    If you can't beat 'em...

Spoiler: show
    divorce 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Some jokes are not funny?
    In one person's eyes maybe, and god bless living in a country where one person doesn't get to dictate what is or isn't funny or offensive. If you don't like it, well, back out of the thread and move on to another one. We have enough PC bullshit that's turning this country into a bunch of fucking pussies who cry and whine about their hurt feelings over literally everything. If you don't like it, just suck it up buttercup and move on. This whole fucking country needs to grow a pair of balls and grow some fucking tougher skin.

Some just aren't funny...and to those who think so doesn't make them wrong either...
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-14-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Suck it up buttercup? Of all the things that would make my comment "PC bullshit" this is the one you come up with? No clue what growing balls or having a thicker skin has to do with domestic violence? Of course back in the 1500's Henry VIII would have thought it was a riot. We have evolved to the point where beating up a woman is not a funny subject. Sorry. Cut out the image and post it at work, let's see where it falls on the funny scale.

Uh oh....

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Uh oh....
    Spoiler: show

Sucks to see Niles Paul out for the season. A converted TE from WR worked his way up to the starting gig in year four only to have a dislocated ankle end his season
    The dude abides.

Tebow Time!

I know it's only pre-season but I thought that my looked really good, especially on offense. Crabtree and Cooper looked outstanding at WR. If they can get a solid run game and Carr plays to the level he can I can see the Raiders at 8-8 or better this season.

From this weekend, seriously? We need front page news about a suck ass player "stepping away from football" because they can't cut it on the field? Great, Sam's ***, good for him. Other than that, who honestly gives a fuck that a SEVENTH ROUND draft pick that couldn't even stay with a team through preseason, nor couldn't make it on a team's practice squad, and couldn't even cut it in the goddamn CFL, is stepping away from football? Oh, that's right, simply being *** equals front page news coverage. Nothing against the guy, but do something on the field or shut the fuck up and just go on with life. I'm sick of hearing about him every fucking time he farts. At this point, nothing but a publicity whore.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-16-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Michael Sam showed his lack of commitment when he showed up out of shape at the vet combine and his numbers were significantly worse than the year before. He wasn't close to breaking 5.0 in the 40.

Yep, he has lacked commitment to football for a while now. I don't know if he's expecting his status to just carry him through the NFL like it has been off the field (going on all the talk shows, the Oprah stuff, the "movie" talks, etc), apparently he expected to just be handed a roster spot or something. Even after going to the CFL, he couldn't even produce in the one and only game he played in.

From the discussions I've seen online, basically, he was carried by Kony Ealy, who was constantly being double and triple teamed and despite that teams still running the opposite direction of him, leading to Michael Sam getting such big numbers his senior year. And I can believe it. First three years of his career, he had at most 29 total tackles, at most 16 solo tackles (both tackle stats from his sophomore year) and at most 4.5 sacks. Then his senior year, all of a sudden he explodes for 48 total tackles, 31 solo tackles and 11.5 sacks. Yeah, I would say having a beast like Ealy on the opposite side of the defensive line helped those numbers.

My question, Smooth, is this. If Michael Sam farts, does it make a sound?

It was propaganda and a publicity stunt from the get go. They also made ***'s look bad do to mental issues in the process while in the beginning everyone said what a great pro *** thing it was lol

Dear god, someone slap me, I'm agreeing with ram. I have no doubt it was a publicity stunt from the very beginning. What great timing, wait until the last two months leading up to the draft to come out and end up become a major headline those two months as well as the entire draft weekend. Most players would kill to have their name mentioned thousands of times in a two or three day period on TV. Another red flag was him talking about how he just wanted to focus on football and becoming an NFL player after being drafted, then next thing you know he's on every single morning show in existence, on ESPN constantly, on Oprah, talking about a book or a movie being made about him (for doing literally nothing but simply saying "I'm ***" and being a football player), on Dancing with the Stars, etc. It was nothing but a publicity shitshow from the very beginning. I don't know if he thought all that press would make it impossible for a team to cut him, or if he thought it would make him millions instantly with companies and sponsors lining up left and right to sign him to deals or what he expected.

Of course, ESPN didn't help either. I had no problem with Tebow, other than he truly wasn't as good as people made him out to be. I'm a Broncos fan, I watched every game that year he was the starting QB. Yes, they won 8 games, yes, they made the playoffs, yes, they won a playoff game, but I watched every damn game and every damn game was right on a razor thin line of being a nail-biting win or a blowout loss that was made that way thanks to a tough fuck defense and one of the best kickers in the game. It was three and a half quarters, every game, hoping the defense didn't blow it and hoping the kicker was dead accurate that day while waiting for Tebow to dislodge his head from his ass so he could have some great drive in the final minutes of the game to pull a win out of his ass. But yet, turn on ESPN or go on the various websites, and all you heard was Tebow! Tebow is a god! Tebow is great! Tebow for MVP! And other retarded bullshit. It was that never ending Tebow up your ass shit on TV and online that soured him for me and made me so sick of hearing his goddamn name that I was happy when he started sucking and shuffling around the NFL as nothing more than a back up or bench warmer, because I didn't have to hear his damn name every 10 seconds.

Same with Michael Sam. I had no problems whatsoever with Sam when he came out. Hey, congrats, I was happy for him. I've always been a supporter of gays and *** rights, I celebrated the Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriage because some good friends from college who are *** could finally legally marry after years of a happy and loving relationship together. No reason they shouldn't have had the same rights to marry since their love for each other was exactly the same as that which straight people have for each other. So I was fine with him when he announced, other than the questionable timing of doing it two months before the draft, which he knew damn well would be a major publicity coup with every news channel in the country (and probably even outside the US) picking it up. But then, partly thanks to ESPN, it was nothing but Michael Sam, Michael Sam, Michael Sam, 24 hours a day. Eventually everyone was sick of hearing the goddamn name Michael Sam.

Then he finally gets in the NFL. And what does he do? Nothing. Gets cut by St. Louis in the preseason. Joins Dallas' practice team, but gets cut after a month and a half. No one else will sign him, he shows up as a slower, out of shape joke at the veteran combine, so he goes to the CFL and joins Montreal. A day before their first preseason game, he leaves for personal reasons and is gone for two weeks, ends up sitting out the first five games of their season after he returns, fi/nally played a game, only to do absolutely nothing, not even recording a single tackle. Misses the next game because of a sore back and then the day after that game, leaves again because of mental health. Oh, and as a seventh round draft pick, who has never played a regular season NFL game, he feels the need to announce that he's stepping away from football. I'm still waiting for ESPN to give front page status to the announcements of the other 19 seventh round draft picks from that year who didn't make opening day NFL rosters. If they announced they were stepping away from football today, would ESPN even give them so much as a two sentence story on the website? It sure as hell wouldn't rate front page status like Sam's did.

I'm sorry, but the dude just isn't cut out for the NFL. Like I said before, as I have seen others saying online, I firmly believe those great senior season stats at Missouri were because of Kony Ealy being on the other end of the defensive line and him being such a beast that teams were double and triple teaming him AND still running the ball the opposite direction of him, right into Sam. But that didn't stop ESPN and others from taking his coming out as ***, and his bloated senior season stats, and running away with it in their typical fashion.

The difference, Smooth, is that ram believes it was orchestrated by the NFL, illuminati, the government or whatever. You realize that, if it was a stunt, it was done by Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The difference, Smooth, is that ram believes it was orchestrated by the NFL, illuminati, the government or whatever. You realize that, if it was a stunt, it was done by Sam.
    That is true! May agree on the overall points, but for different reasons. Whew, I feel better now.

TRIGGER WARNING FOR JAYMO

Pat on back James Harrison.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ation-trophies

Good for Harrison!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That is true! May agree on the overall points, but for different reasons. Whew, I feel better now.