Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Von Miller is a badass. I have a great deal of respect for his game and he was huge in the AFC Championship and again last night. It's going to be real interesting to see what Denver does to try and hold this team together.

Assuming Manning is gone (one way or another) if they have to Franchise Miller then Osweiler could really put them in a bad spot if he decides to see what his value is on the market. Everyone is quick to say it's time to part ways with Manning and move on to Osweiler but they forget that Denver could find themselves without either one next year.

I'm not, of course, saying that that will happen but it's no given that Osweiler will be in Denver next season.
    Well, Denver has already said they will be franchising Von Miller as soon as the new season begins in March and plan to work out a long term contract with him. I imagine Malik Jackson and Osweiler are also at the top of their list.

It's not going to be easy. They have a lot of big names up this year. Miller, Evan Mathis, Vernon Davis, Antonio Smith, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Ryan Harris, Osweiler, Omar Boldin, Jordan Norwood, C.J. Anderson, Brandon Marshall, Brandon McManus, David Bruton. Elway is going to have his work cut out for him to keep this team largely together.

Apparently Nostradumbass has been saying all season that the Super Bowl is in Minnesota next year. It's not. It's in Houston.
    You would be correct. I just detailed his Super Suck predictions last night and he repeatedly mentions Minnesota solely because they're hosting a Super Bowl next year.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...post1734987260

For the record, Josh Norman was called for holding on the opening drive of the game (13:39 remaining in the first) but it was declined because Manning completed a pass to Caldwell for 22 yards.

I'm not sure about the rest of the game because I was driving during the first half and listening on the radio and I was drinking heavily during the second half.

Apparently Nostradumbass has been saying all season that the Super Bowl is in Minnesota next year. It's not. It's in Houston.
    LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, Denver has already said they will be franchising Von Miller as soon as the new season begins in March and plan to work out a long term contract with him. I imagine Malik Jackson and Osweiler are also at the top of their list.

It's not going to be easy. They have a lot of big names up this year. Miller, Evan Mathis, Vernon Davis, Antonio Smith, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Ryan Harris, Osweiler, Omar Boldin, Jordan Norwood, C.J. Anderson, Brandon Marshall, Brandon McManus, David Bruton. Elway is going to have his work cut out for him to keep this team largely together.

You would be correct. I just detailed his Super Suck predictions last night and he repeatedly mentions Minnesota solely because they're hosting a Super Bowl next year.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...post1734987260
    Yeah, I think the team was built for a short term window once they got Peyton. Now that everyone is gonna need to get paid, they'll try to keep a core and start replacing names with cheap help.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Yeah, I think the team was built for a short term window once they got Peyton. Now that everyone is gonna need to get paid, they'll try to keep a core and start replacing names with cheap help.
    That was definitely the case of the defense. After that beat down from Seattle, Elway specifically focused on improving the defense with an eye at making it back to the Super Bowl in a year or two.

Updated Super Bowl chart

Updated Super Bowl chart
    As long as Pittsburgh stays on the top of that list, I'm good.

LMFAO
    Yeah.

Nostradumbass picked the Vikings when all along he should have picked the Texans. Or maybe Vikings (new stadium) versus Texans (hosting SB 51)? I thought he was a master of research (read: he can use Google). How could his flimsy BS be based on the WRONG Super Bowl location next year? Some research.

I laughed HEARTILY when he said he went to school for journalism (probably quit after 2 weeks at the local community college). Dude can't type, spell, use proper English or punctuation. Some journalist. Oh, and his "research" is shitty too. No wonder he's unemployed.

Also, where is the blue and orange Super Bowl 50 logo?

Yeah.

Nostradumbass picked the Vikings when all along he should have picked the Texans. Or maybe Vikings (new stadium) versus Texans (hosting SB 51)? I thought he was a master of research (read: he can use Google). How could his flimsy BS be based on the WRONG Super Bowl location next year? Some research.

I laughed HEARTILY when he said he went to school for journalism (probably quit after 2 weeks at the local community college). Dude can't type, spell, use proper English or punctuation. Some journalist. Oh, and his "research" is shitty too. No wonder he's unemployed.

Also, where is the blue and orange Super Bowl 50 logo?
    I'm right there with you when he said he knows how to research because he went to journalism school. His "research" is so faulty, it's hysterical.

Minnesota would never have the Superbowl next year because it's just opening next year. The NFL usually waits at least two years before rewarding new stadium builds to make sure they are run smoothly. Miami hasn't had a Superbowl in ten years but their renovations will be done in time for 2016. They will get one soon and then Atlanta will get one. I'm sure Minny will get one. Seattle hasn't though. Any other new stadiums in line for rewarding taxpayer money to build these things? It should be noted Florida refused to help Miami and they are largely paying over $400 million themselves. They do get some property tax breaks and they get some money back for every Superbowl they host.

Funny cam newton tweet and vine. Still don't get the embed for twitter I guess.

Check out @NickKFAN's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NickKFAN/status/...214760448?s=09

No charges filed and case closed..Nothing to see here..

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    No charges filed and case closed..Nothing to see here..
    You probably should have read it before popping off at the mouth.

"Dallas police re-opened the criminal case on Friday."

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Minnesota would never have the Superbowl next year because it's just opening next year. The NFL usually waits at least two years before rewarding new stadium builds to make sure they are run smoothly. Miami hasn't had a Superbowl in ten years but their renovations will be done in time for 2016. They will get one soon and then Atlanta will get one. I'm sure Minny will get one. Seattle hasn't though. Any other new stadiums in line for rewarding taxpayer money to build these things? It should be noted Florida refused to help Miami and they are largely paying over $400 million themselves. They do get some property tax breaks and they get some money back for every Superbowl they host.
    Minnesota has Super Bowl 52 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Minnesota has Super Bowl 52 already.
    Yep.

Super Bowl 51 - February 5th, 2017 - Houston
    Super Bowl 52 - February 4th, 2018 (tentative) - Minnesota

The four finalists for each year for Super Bowl 53 (2019) and Super Bowl 54 (2020) hosts are Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans and Tampa Bay.

New Orleans last hosted Super Bowl 47 in 2013. Miami last hosted Super Bowls 41 (2007) and 44 (2010). Tampa Bay last hosted Super Bowl 43 (2009). And Atlanta last hosted Super Bowl 34 (2000).

So I figure Atlanta is a 100% lock to host one of those two years, since they'll have no hosted in 19 or 20 years by the time those Super Bowls come up.

I will say, I really hope they eventually start being willing to expand Super Bowl hosts. Right now, only 15 cities, out of 31 NFL cities, have hosted the Super Bowl. And 20 of the 50 Super Bowls have been hosted by South Florida and New Orleans. Add in Los Angeles and Tampa, there's 31 of 50 Super Bowl hosts.

Minneapolis, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, New York, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, only just in the last 20 years did the NFL actually bother to acknowledge anyone not named LA, Miami, New Orleans or Tampa.

Yes, I know, the Super Bowl MUST be played in nice toasty 70-80 degree weather, start in perfect sunshine, end in a nice perfect evening. But come on, give other cities a chance. Let other NFL cities get a taste of the economic impact of hosting a Super Bowl. Just try and tell me that cities like Denver, Seattle, Kansas City, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. couldn't host one hell of a great Super Bowl. Yes, heaven forbid the big babies would have to play in cold weather, and yes, fans would have to actually bundle up for the game, but it's a joke that through 50 Super Bowls, even just a couple of the names on that list have never once seen a Super Bowl.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 02-09-2016 at 10:04 AM.

You probably should have read it before popping off at the mouth.

"Dallas police re-opened the criminal case on Friday."
    Haha I did read it and heard about it on Twitter yesterday, damn my sarcasm is broken..no one ever gets it.

Simply stated what I said before when it first started. That clover wasn't stuck far enough up his ass.

Any time I end a statement with "..." I'm probably being sarcastic or atleast that is the intent especially by adding "nothing to see here" with something as serious as this.

Oh, Cleveland. How fucking stupid can you be?

http://nypost.com/2016/02/09/browns-...ium=SocialFlow

This stupid..in no particular order