Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vote For NCAA Football 14 to be Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    An article that I read recently mentioned that Microsoft said that licensed games were unlikely to be part of the initial cut.

To Smooth's statement about winter versus summer, there is still no guarantee anything about this is democratic.
    Oh there absolutely is no guarantee at all. But, since they're using this to try and help push Xbox One purchases, they'd be wise to shift their focus on the most popularly requested games first (that they can do right away without the hassle of licenses) to give more incentive to people to upgrade to the One.

7k in votes now!

It is still near the top of page 6, needs a big push to get it in the first 5 pages though.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/29...aa-football-14
    The dude abides.

On the bottom of page 5 with almost 9,000 votes and 970 comments. Based on the votes it's not getting off that page. However, the comnets alone should make Microsoft and EA take notice.

Just think of the game we could have on the xb1/ps4 consoles now that they're both on blu-Ray. Just randomize the roster at the first load up screen and we're all good. College football can be a profitable game, just needs to make one little sacrifice.

I though NCAA was a lot of fun but I really disliked how the CPU almost never stayed with the QB on the read option. Made the QB keep a money play too often.

reading some of these comments on these games for BC, I think people really believe they will look better or something....

Like some of the games that are being voted, I am looking at like would be great if they remastered but not so great if they are just re-releasing.

That being said I want NCAA 14 on the xbox one, I bought it on release date and never really played it as I was busy around that time.

I'd love to have it back just so I could start an all freshman OD. Where every starter had to be a true frosh. Backups can obviously be older but I'd love to do OD's again with you guys.

It's taken forever, but now the game has moved up to page 5.
    The dude abides.

Assassins creed black flag is on the list? Theres already an xb1 version of that game. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    Assassins creed black flag is on the list? Theres already an xb1 version of that game. Lol
    That's what I was saying weeks (months?) ago about the Halo games. The Master Chief Collection already brings nearly every Halo game in existence to the Xbox One. And as actual Xbox One games, not backwards compatible 360 games.

That's what happens when you let kids vote.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    That's what happens when you let kids vote.

That's how Clinton got elected.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

That's how Clinton got elected.
    +1

Biggest winner of elections in the past 20 years..............the media.

Take this with a super giant massive mega goddamn huge grain of salt! This is from the Xbox One thread on OS. Unverified but apparently we'll find out if it's true or bullshit next week.

Q. Do you need to own the disk or will the xbox one store sell the digital version? (assuming this is true... a pretty big assumption IMO). I dont have a 360

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Q. Do you need to own the disk or will the xbox one store sell the digital version? (assuming this is true... a pretty big assumption IMO). I dont have a 360
    That's actually a good question. I haven't done a ton of reading up on the BC, so I can't recall off the top of my head if we have to have the disc or if we own the game digitally, that will also suffice, as long as we own it on our account.

If digitally owned games can be accessed and played via BC, that at least leaves the option of maybe trying to buy NCAA 14 via the Xbox website for 360 and then accessing it via the Xbox One when BC is officially released. NCAA 14 is actually on sale right now for $10 via Live Gold sales. So that would be an option for you if buying it digitally for 360 via the MS website would give you access to play it on the One via BC.

Of course, this is all assuming this guy is telling the truth and what he is saying will indeed happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Well, that was simple. All I had to do was going onto the Backwards COmpatability page on Microsoft's site to find the details.

Xbox One Backward Compatibility is easy to use

The Xbox One Backward Compatibility Beta is available starting June 15 for Xbox preview members. The program will launch broadly in fall 2015.

The digital titles that you own and are part of the Back Compat game catalog will automatically show up in the “Ready to Install” section on your Xbox One.

For disc-based games that are a part of the Back Compat game catalog, simply insert the disc and the console will begin downloading the game to your hard drive.

After the game has finished downloading, you will still need to keep the game disc in the drive to play.
    So if you buy the digital version of NCAA 14, you'll be able to install it and play it digitally on Xbox One. I can't say for sure if it'll let you, but I would try and go onto the Xbox website, and try to buy a digital copy of NCAA 14. Even though you don't have a 360 to download it to, it should register and show as your account owning NCAA 14, so it should then be available to download on Xbox One as part of the BC abilities.

I've bought a number of games via the Xbox website, which are then tied to my account and available to download on to my 360 later on when I turn it on. So even without owning a 360, you should be able to buy it. I can't see MS caring whether you have a 360 or not, they still get the money.

My father-in-law gave our kids his old 360. He had bought one just to use as a streaming box for stuff and didn't use it anymore. I'm going to download NCAA 14 demo. It's still $20 to buy it (no Gold) but I'm going to check it out again. I remember the game being simpler (not advanced tackling) but very solid. My biggest beef was the the cpu didn't key on the QB enough on the read-option. They went after the RB most of the time and the QB could gain a ton of yards - even on Heisman.

I checked out my old sliders. I completely forgot the NCAA team let you have different difficulty for offense and defense. That was nice. Same with formation subs and studio updates in franchise. Madden needs to add this!

I just beat the Aggies with Oregon 21-0 (late TD to rub it in). The demo felt nice. I like the control of the players/movement a bit more than Madden. I don't feel the game slides as much. The graphics aren't that bad either. I really like the clean and simple feel of the game. Madden has so many stinking buttons anymore with the LT/L2 modifier, DL moves and catch buttons and outside the catch buttons (which the cpu will do for you) the game doesn't suffer from not having those options at all. The presentation in some ways is better (college music, intro). I really like the defensive play calling better. The ability to change formations and find sub formations quickly is a lot better. Why Madden switched their play call box two years ago is beyond me. NCAA 14 is superior. The Madden team needs to go back and play some NCAA 14. The WR/DB interaction and contested balls is very nice in M16 though.