Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For Honor (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Can't vouch for the math, but a redditor is claiming that it would cost $700+ to buy all of the unlocks or take 2.5+ years to do it otherwise.

According to bystander007, is costs around 91,500 steel (the in-game currency) to unlock each character and all of their customisations in the base game. For all 12, we’re looking at 1,098,000 steel, which equates to approximately 7.32 of the $100 steel packs.

“So Ubisoft has valued their in-game unlocks within the base game at a $732 over-charge of the original $60-100 spent on the game.”

If you’re thinking about not dropping any money on the steel packs because you’re happy to earn them through playing the game, bystander007 has some bad news for you.

“Casual players who play 1-2 hours 5-7 days a week will never reach this goal. Completing Orders/half-Contracts will get you roughly 1000 Steel, another roughly 200 for the matches you played. So 1200 a day is a good estimated gain for casual players. That’s 915 days. Roughly 2.51 years.”

Link

That's just silly. Nobody cares about buying everything for one person let alone everybody. It's just something for online people to complain about. No need to buy anything either.

For the record you can earn at least 600 steel a day very easily. You get 2000 at the very beginning of the game by doing the tutorial. Plus you earn Steel after every match. I personally unlocked all 12 characters (I think 4 were unlocked originally and the rest cost 500). I've bought horns for my Warlord (1000) and both of the other 2 executions (5000 and 7000 each - ouch!) along with buying quite a few premium packs to upgrade armour and weapons. You can also use money to upgrade your existing stuff. I'm happy with what I have for my one character I use and I have spent $0 actual money. Most people only use 1-3 characters and level them up. MANY things to buy are useless and the vast majority completely unnecessary and don't aid you. I think this is truly a "fake news" story imo.

Perhaps as a response to the critical article about money, For Honor has boosted the money you can earn every day. They are bringing back a map they dropped due to desynch as well.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en..._Mar30_ID43500

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fo...source=twitter

Big patch coming soon. Lots of balancing tweaks but I really like them removing boosts in Elimination for the first 20 seconds.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en...notes-for-v105

For Honor was #1 in February on PSN but #15 in March. Not an unexpected huge drop but I hope gamers stick around. It's still pretty easy to get into a match although no dedicated servers still annoys once in awhile. Guys quitting at the end of the match needs to be penalized.

Hopefully the patch fixes some spamming. The Conqueror is the worst with his shoulder charge and the Valkrie isn't much better. They have to know these issues and while there may be counters to some of them I would love it if they posted videos in their tutorial section or online to help combat them. Some guys online seem to think some counters are easy but I'm truthfully an average gamer. My K/D is only above 1 now since my guy is levelled up and I get an advantage in 4v4. In 1v1 and 2v2 you don't get gear advantages and they should probably add a fair play day once in awhile for newbies.

On another note, I picked up a second disc copy rather than the digital one since all three of us play the game at my house and we all want our own Userid to count and play with different combos. My son isn't a good athlete but he is a master at video games. We did some duels against each other and he basically kicked my ass. I'm a higher level but as soon as we turned off gear stats (you have that option in custom duels) I didn't win a single round or fight. He can counter guard break successfully 95% of the time. And if I can't skip a guard break in to stun you and hit you with my heavy high Warlord attack I am going to struggle. He blocks most of my moves and then beats me up lol.

Patch goes live tomorrow at 8 AM EST. Also, the two new heroes should be coming soon for season 2 along with possibly ranked matches and other new things.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...3#post12558373

It's a good thing I have max gear from my Warlord because I'm very average at this game. I still enjoy it but when I try playing with a different character I struggle learning new moves and I'm a target in certain modes without gear. I'm still not good enough at counter guard break.

I got my first hate message on PSN with someone calling me f'ing trash. I don't even know exactly why (I may not be good but hardly worthy of hate mail!). My team lost and I was 7-6 during the contest. I'm not great but I don't spam or push people off ledges. The only thing I will spam is my zone attack in revenge mode but that's understandable when it's 2 or 3 on 1. Everyone goes nuts when you can trigger revenge. It was a skirmish match!

I know I'm the only one that plays this game on here but I still think this is the GOTY. Season 2 starts today and my son bought the season pass since he loves it (and is much better than me) and wants the new characters unlocked. He has played with pretty much every character and I think most of them are probably rep 1 at least. I have nobody at rep 1+ other than my Warlord who is rep 11. I am interested in buying the new Centurion. I don't have the season pass but I do have 15,000 steel to buy a character if I want. New maps out today too. Update is just over 10 GB on PS4.

The new characters are pretty cool. The Centurian has a powerful knock down move and his style reminds me of the Warlord. The Shinobi reminds me of a cross between a Peace Keeper, Shinobi and Berserker. The Mortal Kombat pull them in move is cool. They have some quick combos but they don't have much health. Both characters have cool executions.

Why on earth didn't they make the maps in Dominion geared more to the new maps. I played for 1.5 hours and got the Forge once. Haven't seen the other map. The Forge is nice. Reminds me of the Citadel Gate with close zones. I wish I could change the look of my new gear to match the cooler looking older stuff.

I loved this game for months. Haven’t played it in awhile. The Breach mode reminds me of Dominion. I will have to relearn what I’m doing. My biggest beef near the end were how good some of the players were. I don’t mind getting my ass kicked in a good fight but some of these guys were just using specific characters and spamming certain moves or combos that were very hard to deal with. Most things have counters and Ubisoft did a pretty decent job of balancing but some things were a problem and pissed me off.

I played this game for months. Son loved it too. Had two disc copies and we would play together. Over the last few months we have tried once in awhile to connect. Tried again this morning to check out the new mode. Their servers are so shit I can never play online. Matchmaking never works. Contact their support and they say it’s maybe my NAT. BS. I have NAT 2 and no other online game has issues. It’s a shame their servers have always been an issue but switching to their own servers made it worse imo.