Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Cause 3 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Just Cause 3 (PS4, XB1, PC)

Sweet, sweet fire... watch Rico stir up trouble in the next chapter of the over-the-top, chaotic open-world series that has taken the world by storm. Just Cause 3 launches on PS4 later this year. Ready your grappling hook.

Wow... this thread hasn't been posted in since February. Anyone else pick this up? I've had a blast with it... if you liked JC2, this is more of the same but the wingsuit alone makes it an upgrade. If you didn't play JC2, it's an open world third-person game where your character is hellbent on destroying everything using an unlimited supply of parachutes, a shootable grappling hook, and a wingsuit combined with your typical assortment of weapons and driveables (including tanks, planes, & helicopters). Don't expect any sort of realism to make it's way into the discussion.

I will say that JC3 definitely has much better voice actors this time around. I hated JC2 for the awful voice actors but this one, despite cheesy writing, has a big improvement in that area.

I've already finished the story and cleared all of the settlements (clocked in at 40 hours), now I'm probably going to try to go for the 100%, something I don't do very often.

I managed to get it on PC for $25 from cdkeys but IMO, it's certainly worth $60. I know the console versions had some bad loading issues (they weren't too bad on PC) but they've already released a patch to improve those and they know it has to be a focus.

Here's a screenshot I had to grab... thought it was really good looking.

Last edited by gschwendt; 12-19-2015 at 12:12 AM.

This looks like a fun game. I may pick this up down the road but don't have time for it now.

I think we've been too caught up in watching videos of animated Asian boobs to pay attention to this title.

Just my opinion.

I had the PS4 version, never played it since they still had not released a patch by last week, when I turned it into a early Christmas present for a friend. The grappling and blowing stuff up looks great but everyone says the gunplay and driving is still pretty shit.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I think we've been too caught up in watching videos of animated Asian boobs to pay attention to this title.

Just my opinion.
    That reminds me of the big news I forgot to post about the game.

I thought the PS4 and Xbox1 versions had major game glitches and massive load times? Is this no longer the case?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I thought the PS4 and Xbox1 versions had major game glitches and massive load times? Is this no longer the case?
    I haven't played on console, but what I've read from others, the glitch rumors are overstated. The load times may still be there but the first patch was supposedly to improve that specifically. I'd probably wait and read a re-review in a week or so.

http://gearnuke.com/just-cause-3-pat...n-patch-1-01/#

Someone who tested the load time with the latest patch on PS4. Much improved. Framerate issues on the other hand are still a big issue from what I have seen.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 12-19-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Not mine but...

When your boss asks you to stay late:

That was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That was cool.
    Game looks cool that's for sure!

The dude abides.

Have some extra $$$ from Christmas and I am trying to decide whether to get AC Syndicate or Just Cause 3. Big fan of the AC series though I have never played Just Cause. AC looks the same as usual (solid title/nothing groundbreaking) while Just Cause has a bad rep due to console issues but looks a lot of fun. Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Have some extra $$$ from Christmas and I am trying to decide whether to get AC Syndicate or Just Cause 3. Big fan of the AC series though I have never played Just Cause. AC looks the same as usual (solid title/nothing groundbreaking) while Just Cause has a bad rep due to console issues but looks a lot of fun. Any opinions?
    I've not played AC Syndicate but then again after Black Flag, I gave up on the series because it looks like they went back to the same old same old.

That said, JC3 is similar to JC2 so if you wanted to, you could play JC2 first and decide.

My son loves AC Syndicate. The grappling hook is cool. I wish ubisoft didn't outline every single thing. As long as you aren't sick of AC it would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Defies all physics of our known world AND looks an awful lot of fun!

Penny Arcade nailed it awhile back.

Damn, I really want to get this game. It's a very close tie between Just Cause 3 or Fallout 4 for my next game purchase. This game just plain looks fun and you can just dick around doing so much.

My wife picked this up for me for my birthday. I have only played a few hours but this might be the most fun I have had playing video games in a long time. Graphics are okay, load times suck, physics are borked beyond belief, dialogue is just plain awful... But the explosions and grappling hook are awesome! So addictive!

I dare you not to tether people together and then make them explode.... Lol.