Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PH DPD: Recruiting Season 4

• Facebook
  • Display
    CB
    #2CB
    We are thrilled to have snagged Smith. He was definitely needed and we feared that he would pick Oregon as they were the favorite. Smith has potential to start right away opposite of Schroeder
    DE
    #15DE
    Eric was needed as well, as we lost our 2 starting DE's from last season. He will immediately see playing time as a Freshman starting at DE.
    MLB
    #45LB
    Dane jumped on our radar later in the season as we needed to add a LB in the class. He definitely has the physical tools to go along the same line of MLB we love to have in our scheme. In the same mold of past All-American Evan Williams, and current All-American Mark Smith. Dane has the same potential or even better to be a more impactful player than both.
    RB
    #27RB
    Man we didn't even want this guy after scouting him. Guess we offered him and scholarship and forgot. Well he didn't forget and committed to the program during offseason. Don't look for him to play much though.

Ohio State only gets one in the offseason ... not sure where the other two went, but I had spread myself too thin going into the offseason, so I'm glad I got the one I got.

Robinson will move to FS and hopefully take a redshirt year since he's behind two seniors. After this offseason's loss of two safeties, the Ohio State coaching staff is a little gunshy on letting him redshirt, but they may feel like they don't have a choice.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Looking over your team I'm sure it won't hurt too bad lol

After our game I noticed you mostly had 80+'s backing up 80+'s at a good amount of positions haha

I'll be lucky to have 5 guys total above 80 OVR

LOLB
    #33OLB
    Caleb is a hybrid LB and DE. He'll fit well into the Florida defense as a Rush LB with good strength and good ability to work off of blockers.

Morton chose Florida over offers from Texas and Ole Miss.
    P
    #19P
    After Florida coaches were caught off guard by the transfer of their punter-to-be, the Gators expected to have to use kicker Ben Andrews in a dual role. Instead, Johnson chose to walk-on instead of joining the soccer team and will become the starting punter.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Looking over your team I'm sure it won't hurt too bad lol

After our game I noticed you mostly had 80+'s backing up 80+'s at a good amount of positions haha

I'll be lucky to have 5 guys total above 80 OVR
    True, but one of the transfers was going to be the permanent backup to Robinson once the current Senior leaves, so now I'm down to one FS once the seniors leave, rather than two, which hurts. The other safety was going to be a starter this year, so that hurts as well.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yeah sucks when that happens

That WR leaving put my WR corps behind. So everyone is needed

Ecstatic about that MLB and CB picked up though.

Pissed I missed out on an Athlete with last name Hall. He was 6-5, 224 with 90 speed. Forgot about him

Was going to put him at WR especially since I lost Noble. He was already a 77 and would have been my best WR.

I was 1st on his list too. Damn it