Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Thumbs up

:thumbsup: Big win tonight for my Gamecocks. Spurrier goes to 20-1 in season opening games.

If anybody missed the end of Utah - Pitt at regulation ... finally, finally a coach got bitten by the rule that allows them to call a Timeout right before the kicker kicks a late FG.

Pitt's kicker easily made his first FG to tie the game at 24-24 with no time on the clock.
    Except, oh wait, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham called timeout.
    Then the kicker hooked it left, pretty hard. Never had a chance. Utah wins, 24-21.
    Except, oh wait, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham called timeout.
    Finally, on his third try, the Pitt kicker made the FG ... this time BARELY skirting it inside the left upright (kicking from the left hash). That thing wanted to hook bad.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I thought I was going to head to bed with USC blowing out Hawaii.....but the Warriors have just pulled within 20-13 in the 2nd qtr.

My eyes about rolled out of my head after USC's first score...Mark Jones: "The Men of Troy are back!" Gag me!

Does anybody else occassionally see plays, hit pause, backup, and then try to figure out which NCAA formation the team just ran?

I saw at least one formation tonight that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist in any form in NCAA. Essentially a Strong-I Goalline. Was pretty cool.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Does anybody else occassionally see plays, hit pause, backup, and then try to figure out which NCAA formation the team just ran?
    Absolutely. Been doing that all night. Pleasantly surprised to see Hawai'i run their R&S offense out of the Pistol. Pretty cool to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I saw at least one formation tonight that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist in any form in NCAA. Essentially a Strong-I Goalline. Was pretty cool.
    What team ran that formation?

And all I can say is EAT SHIT sPITT!

I caught Mark's comment too. It's like he wrote down a bunch of one-liners and picked one off the list. All I kept thinking was, "So, are they back to their cheating ways?"

For the record, I fucking hate USC. My ass is still bleeding from the whipping they gave us back in the National Championship game. To cheat in the manner they have, they get everything they deserve. I hated Pete Carroll, but I hate Lane Kiffin worse. What an arrogant son of a bitch. Did you catch the pre-game comment from Shelly Smith? She interviewed Lane about the infractions he committed at Tennessee and he said they were intentional. He said it was important to put your program out in the spotlight, especially for a program like Tennessee that needs to get attention. However, at USC, that won't be needed because USC is already in the spotlight.

Also, he made a comment earlier this summer after the violations and penalties were announced at USC. He said they'd just get scholarships from the other athletic teams at USC and they'd be fine. Seriously?

That guy is a retard.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    I caught Mark's comment too. It's like he wrote down a bunch of one-liners and picked one off the list. All I kept thinking was, "So, are they back to their cheating ways?"

For the record, I fucking hate USC. My ass is still bleeding from the whipping they gave us back in the National Championship game. To cheat in the manner they have, they get everything they deserve. I hated Pete Carroll, but I hate Lane Kiffin worse. What an arrogant son of a bitch. Did you catch the pre-game comment from Shelly Smith? She interviewed Lane about the infractions he committed at Tennessee and he said they were intentional. He said it was important to put your program out in the spotlight, especially for a program like Tennessee that needs to get attention. However, at USC, that won't be needed because USC is already in the spotlight.

Also, he made a comment earlier this summer after the violations and penalties were announced at USC. He said they'd just get scholarships from the other athletic teams at USC and they'd be fine. Seriously?

That guy is a retard.
    Wow, I totally missed that bullshit.

Fuck him. I didn't like him before but that shit is just ridiculous. I hope those fuckers lose every game now. Almost blew it against a SHITTY Hawai'i too team. Funny as hell.

Looking forward to settling South Carolina down next week. This week, I would hope to God we can beat UL Lafayette.

Had Pitt on the moneyline (+130), lost 1 unit. Had Hawaii ATS (+23), won 5 units.

Overall, a good night. I'll probably stay away from tonight's action. I'm looking at TTU/SMU over 60.5. I shoulda jumped on LSU yesterday but I wanted to see how I did last night. Now, the line has moved so much. KSU looks interesting too, need to take a closer look.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 09-03-2010 at 03:27 PM.

I know. I was surprised there wasn't any discussion about it after she completed her sideline report. The idiots in the booth just smiled and went on with their dry humping of Lane and Monty Kiffin. I should go check the Tennessee message boards and see what they're saying about it.

In regards to the other comment, my jaw hit the floor when I heard him say it. He's acting like USC is above everyone else including the NCAA. I mean to say you're going to circumvent the restrictions by doing more under the table bullshit is both frightening and sickening.

I'll go on record as saying he'll be at USC for at least 4-5 years. They'll be fine for awhile, but they won't win like they have in the past. The school will let him coach through their restrictions and give him a couple of years before they realize he's an asshole that can't coach anything and then shit-can his arrogant ass. That is, unless his mouth keeps running and they have to make a move sooner..

I don't think anything Lane Kiffin does or says will surprise me anymore. His dad is so well respected around the game, I can't believe how far the apple has fallen from the tree.

USC should have lost that game last night, plain and simple. They lucked their way into a win with a couple breaks (namely a bad call by the refs and the punt return).
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    What team ran that formation?
    Buckeyes.

Back in 03 when Pelini originally thought he might get the Nebraska job, Lane had verbally agreed to come to Lincoln as the OC as he and Bo are friends. I wonder if his friends feel Lane has changed or if he's always been this way. From the outside, it sure seems like he's not all there. Monte is very respected for his NFL work, but he was upset at the University (or maybe certain people) for a long time that Tom Osborne got the HC job back in 1973 instead of him. I don't think it was until the last few years that he started to become associated with Nebraska again. His other son (Chris) was on the NU staff the last couple years (minor role) and married one of the women's basketball assistant coaches before taking a job at USC with Lane.

Enough of the Kiffin life story ....my DVR is full with scheduled recordings for tomorrow. I'll get to catch the first set of games before heading to Lincoln for the big showdown with WKU. Not looking forward to the increased $15 parking fee however.

It sounds like the LSU-UNC game could be embarrassing for the Heels. On national TV they'll have the announcers constantly discussing the suspensions and may get waxed to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    It sounds like the LSU-UNC game could be embarrassing for the Heels. On national TV they'll have the announcers constantly discussing the suspensions and may get waxed to boot.
    Yeah, I was really looking forward to the LSU-UNC game. Now I'm not sure if it'll even be a game now. If I saw right, 6 or 7 starters ineligible for the game, another starter being withheld, and a total of 13 players ineligible or being withheld. That's gonna hit UNC hard, especially having that many starters not playing and then going up against a team like LSU. This went from potentially being a great opening weekend game, to probably a whipping by LSU.

Well, and the guys that aren't starting are not just starters ... they're potential first round draft picks to boot.

Though the Heels did get 2 of their players back late tonight. It's theoretically possible that a few more could get reinstated overnight.

The Heels are VASTLY overrated, especially here in the Carolinas. The quarterback, Yates, has never been that special, just average. They play in a weak ACC conference where being mediocre makes you look great to everyone else because you can win 10 games with ease.

That said, it's like Christmas day. Can't wait to see UGA's new D and new QB opening against a marginal team. Then onto next week where I hope we can put USCjr's hopes and dreams to rest. They beat one average team and suddenly their fans (not the one on this site... in general) believe they're going to run gauntlet on the entire SEC.

UNC has loads of talent. They also have John Blake. Great recruiter, no so great coach.

Florida's offense is looking so bad. So, horribly, bad. Miami leads 3-0, and if they had a half-decent offense, it would be at least 14-0.

This Florida / Miami game might be one of the worst games I've ever watched. Both offenses are playing horribly (and only one of them was expected to be bad).

Is anyone else witnessing the massacre that is New Mexico-Oregon? 59-0 at half. Sheesh.

That guy is a retard.
    I know. I was surprised there wasn't any discussion about it after she completed her sideline report. The idiots in the booth just smiled and went on with their dry humping of Lane and Monty Kiffin. I should go check the Tennessee message boards and see what they're saying about it.

In regards to the other comment, my jaw hit the floor when I heard him say it. He's acting like USC is above everyone else including the NCAA. I mean to say you're going to circumvent the restrictions by doing more under the table bullshit is both frightening and sickening.

I'll go on record as saying he'll be at USC for at least 4-5 years. They'll be fine for awhile, but they won't win like they have in the past. The school will let him coach through their restrictions and give him a couple of years before they realize he's an asshole that can't coach anything and then shit-can his arrogant ass. That is, unless his mouth keeps running and they have to make a move sooner..
    USC's run is OVER. Kiffin is an idiot and he will either get caught with major NCAA infractions again or he will simply get out coached out west by Harbaugh at Stanford and the other solid up and coming programs (Oregon, Zona, etc...) I look forward to watching the program fall back to the irrelevance it was before Carroll and co. started cheating their way to prime time.