Thread: Zelda the big Snore Fest

• Facebook
  • Display

Zelda the big Snore Fest

Can someone explain to me what is so fun about Zelda? I see all the tremendous reviews for Zelda games across all platforms and yet whenever I watch any gameplay videos I am bored out of my mind. It seems like it has no action. You just walk around talking to people and collecting crap. There are some 3ds game sales after Christmas that I could buy a game for my son but I think he would be bored out of his skull. Why do people like these games?

LOL! What vids are you watching?

1) It's an adventure game. All adventure games require lots of walking, talking, collecting.

2) There's plenty of action but it's not forced upon you. There's no leveling up of Link so you can fight as much or as little as you want in the over world.

3) Zelda's claim to fame is it's dungeon design. You'll fight the hardest enemies and must solve the most difficult puzzles in the dungeons.

4) Zelda games (Nintendo games in general really) are really well made. They tend to not announce release dates until they're sure the game is going to meet a certain level of quality and to avoid fiascos like AC:Unity and Master Chief Collection. I'm not saying their games are bug or glitch free but if Nintendo puts a game out for "real gamers" (not fluff like Wii Sports or NintendoLand), you can bank on it being a quality title more times than not.

Seconded. If I had a Nintendo system, Zelda would be a given. Their Dungeon designs are what make Zelda one of the best games out there. It is a great alternative to playing shooters, which are fun but do not exactly strain the brain.

Though I do have to correct you Soulja, Nintendo stopped giving out release dates because they were one of the worst at hitting them. I remember there was a two year delay to release Ocarina Of Time. They make quality games but I never trusted their release dates.

I am going to have to watch a dungeon video because I just wasn't seeing any action. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!

Love Zelda. Have since the original.
    The dude abides.

I thought this video was funny.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8No9a2uPCP8