Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Recruiting Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Where's Penn State? Otherwise the Big 10 looks like they want to hang around at the top of the BCS rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Where's Penn State?
    Not in the Top 50 ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

About 78 right now. Not looking great that is for sure. I still think that week of not scheduling, and not talking to my top 5 guys really hurt me on them well I know it did because not 1 of them signed with PSU even though I was #1 on their boards. Just stinks big time. Oh well, tough year recruiting for PSU just like real life it appears this year.

I have signed a few guys that I think will come in and make an impact, but I really need to sign 2 to 3 guys in the offseason which is going to be a tall task for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    About 78 right now. Not looking great that is for sure. I still think that week of not scheduling, and not talking to my top 5 guys really hurt me on them well I know it did because not 1 of them signed with PSU even though I was #1 on their boards. Just stinks big time.
    That one week where my power went out mid-recruiting definitely killed my recruiting the first season and the last rated user class was evidence. I wish EA would do something about that... if nothing else, if a call is recorded as ZERO points, automatically sim it as though the call was Quick-Called for the time set.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    That one week where my power went out mid-recruiting definitely killed my recruiting the first season and the last rated user class was evidence. I wish EA would do something about that... if nothing else, if a call is recorded as ZERO points, automatically sim it as though the call was Quick-Called for the time set.
    I completely agree with the quick call, because like you that first year this year is dreadful for getting recruits. I pretty much knew I was going to be in trouble but thought, hey im PSU I should still get these guys. I never made up any ground on any of them. Just brutal when that happens.

FSU gets 2 in week 2.

[espnu150] [4star] HB(#13) Kyle Sears 6'0 194 Lbs Cloverleaf, TX

Kyle was a late addition to the seminole recruiting board after a few other prospects tore acls and had to settle for lesser schools. A long time soft commit to the vols did not deter RB coach Eddie Gran and with some help from 3 x2 bonues in the last few weeks FSU turned Sears with their pitches of depth chart and campus life.

Kyle chose FSU over UTenn, Texas A&M, TTU, and Bowling Green.

SPD B
    ACC B
    AGI B
    TRK C+
    ELU C+
    Spin Move B+
    JKE Move B+

Kyle will have to work on his ball security before seeing the field at FSU.

[espnu150] [5star]LT (#1) Travis Jenkins 6'6 285 Lbs Hollywood, FL

Perhaps the biggest get for FSU was when Travis Jenkins burst onto the scene in the high school state playoffs demolishing several highly rated DEs in the process, he continued to show polish beyond his years at the under armor all american game and shot up the recruiting rankings.

Jenkins selected FSU over Florida, Alabama, Texas, USC and others.

ACC A+
    AWR C+
    PB B-
    RB C+
    STR B
    RBF B-
    RBS B-
    PBF B
    PBS B-

with FSU's starting left tackle heading into the spring being a redshirt senior, Jenkins will challenge for starting time early in his career and may even win a spot at RT and not redshirt.

Jenkins should be a stud for you Prime, nice signing. I didn't even waste my time on him though I really wanted him.

Two so far this off-season:

[espnu150][5star] #3 MLB Russ Abrams 5-11 252lbs
    B SPD, B ACC, C+ AGI, D- AWR, C+ TKL, C PRC, B+ BSH, C+ PUR, C+ ZCV, B STR, C MXV, C POW, C FIN.

Will have to sit behind Tom Wort at MLB, but should progress well and will be used our 3-4 sets and backup at LB, or he might redshirt, but probably not. Reminds me alot of Brian Rolle with his 5-11 frame.

[espnu150][4star] #4 SS Brad Roberson 5-11 175lbs
    B SPD, B+ ACC, C+ TKL, B MAN, B+ ZONE, B- PRC, B HPW, C CTH, A- PUR, B- BSH, B- JMP

Four-star from Maryland is just a freak rating wise as it seems.. looks like he could be a very undersized LB, but he could start at safety very easily, in a 3-3-5 look. As we'll continue to use Multiple D this year, or so I plan.

It seems that everyone is going after the new MLB that hit the recruiting board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    It seems that everyone is going after the new MLB that hit the recruiting board.
    It seems like everyone is going after everybody.

The three targets on my board have 12, 9, and 5 offers respectively.

its a well known fact that papa will offer any 5 star available regardless of ratings or position of need

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    its a well known fact that papa will offer any 5 star available regardless of ratings or position of need
    I used to do that in last year's OD.

Anyone notice that the new top recruits ALL have offers from schools like Kent State, Army, Eastern Michigan etc. and they get in their top 10? If we didn't offer these guys, would we see the #10 player or whatever go to a D-rated team?

i doubt it ID, usually the cpu top programs on the list offer to and wont the small frys wont get a chance. In G's OD we all have crap teams and none of us pulled an off season recruit.

i doubt it ID, usually the cpu top programs on the list offer to and wont the small frys wont get a chance. In G's OD we all have crap teams and none of us pulled an off season recruit.
    Well, the CPU certainly can try.. it's just weird to see them crack the top 5 on five stars. In an OD last year, a user 4-star team got a new #1 DT and beat out Army, Eastern Michigan and Arkansas State for the dude as he got no big school schollies, of course that was last year. The rest of us tried to get him but none of us cracked his top ten. But that was last year when the CPU was really crappy at recruiting.

lol....you darn skippy....you can NEVER have too much talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Well, the CPU certainly can try.. it's just weird to see them crack the top 5 on five stars. In an OD last year, a user 4-star team got a new #1 DT and beat out Army, Eastern Michigan and Arkansas State for the dude as he got no big school schollies, of course that was last year. The rest of us tried to get him but none of us cracked his top ten. But that was last year when the CPU was really crappy at recruiting.
    this year is a lot different than last year my man.

and papa...notice i said regardless of ratings

Wisconsin signs the much sought after Center and sought after Guard that both popped up in the offseason. I don't have any details since Dynasty Wire is down but you all know you wanted them . I believe the Center was a [5star] and the Guard was a [4star]. They'll be great additions to the tradition of Wisconsin having a stud offensive line.

[4star][espnu150] DT (#1) Ben Smith 6'4 288 Lbs Palm Harbor, FL

Ben chose FSU over UF, Miami, and Clemson

Has great strength (B) and tackle (B+) needs some maturing on his power and finesse moves (C+, C)

FSU is done with recruiting for the rest of the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Wisconsin signs the much sought after Center and sought after Guard that both popped up in the offseason. I don't have any details since Dynasty Wire is down but you all know you wanted them . I believe the Center was a [5star] and the Guard was a [4star]. They'll be great additions to the tradition of Wisconsin having a stud offensive line.
    Ha ... without even logging in that means I'm done this offseason.

Was very surprised you jumped me with the guard, but oh well. Neither one was a huge need, though I would have liked to move one of them to tackle for sanity if nothing else.