Thread: 2014 Week 2 Pre-Season Now Open - Deadline 9.17.14 7:00 a.m. CST

• Facebook
  • Display

2014 Week 2 Pre-Season Now Open - Deadline 9.17.14 7:00 a.m. CST

Week 2 Pre-Season Now Open - Deadline = Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:00 a.m. CST

BTW - if anyone has any suggestions on sliders I'm all ears

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    For gameplay, everything at 50 for both Player and CPU except:
    - Drop QB Accuracy to whatever you want. At least 30 IMO, but go as low as you see fit.
    - Drop WR Catching to 40 or 45.

For penalties, everything at 50 except:
    - Intentional Grounding at 70 or 75
    - Adjust Offsides, False Start, Holding, and Clipping as you see fit. They could all go up, but I am indifferent as they only effect the penalties and not the gameplay.

Special Teams:
    FG Power: 50
    FG ACC: 35
    Punt Power:50
    Punt Acc: 35
    KO Power: 60

Game Options:
    Injuries: 55
    Fatigue: 55
    Player Min Speed Threshold: 50
    Last edited by HANDSWARD; 09-14-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Looks like I'm going to just stick with Sam Bradford at QB

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here as the CPU beat me like a rented mule in week 1, but I've been using these sliders when I play for fun and against my son.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html

Ya'll would know better than me if they (sliders) play differently when you play now, vs a CFM, vs other modes but I enjoy them. They aren't ALL MADDEN, they are ALL-Pro but they seem to make for a good game.

As far as everyone talking about too many plays on our current sliders are they running no-huddle the entire game? I'm sure 100% of my issues are I'm not as good and not as fast as ya'll but I sometimes have a hard time getting the play off before the play clock expires, I will motion a TE or WR then try and read the coverage pre-snap I have no idea how ya'll are snapping the ball with 11 seconds left on the play clock when it starts at 15. Are you running no-huddle and running up to the LOS each time?
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 09-14-2014 at 06:36 PM.

I play a ground and pound offense, so does skip and we were still at 2 hours of real time in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah I think 8 minute quarters is long enough.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

In madden quarter length isn't like ncaa as we have control over how long the play clock is run down to, we need to focus more on the number of plays...if we can get to around a 65 avg I think we'll all be fine.

8 minute quarters (with no clock runoff)?

I'll be gone all week so you can sim my preseason. I'll see if I can do any of it online while I'm gone.

Should have Internet hooked up today but maybe the end of the week before I get on. Got to our tvs up and all

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    In madden quarter length isn't like ncaa as we have control over how long the play clock is run down to, we need to focus more on the number of plays...if we can get to around a 65 avg I think we'll all be fine.
    8 minute quarters (with no clock runoff)?
    I'd rather have games not take forever than worry about the number of plays we're running. We'll be spinning our tires before we start, especially on getting user games in.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'd rather have games not take forever than worry about the number of plays we're running. We'll be spinning our tires before we start, especially on getting user games in.
    We usually see 65-70 plays per team in the Powerhouse OD, I don't think it'll be a time problem if we try to get the same for Madden. Especially when you consider, progression, XP, etc is all tied to number of snaps. If the CPU is simming games at 65-70 plays per team we should attempt to hit the same mark. Right now we're at 100...thats way too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    We usually see 65-70 plays per team in the Powerhouse OD, I don't think it'll be a time problem if we try to get the same for Madden. Especially when you consider, progression, XP, etc is all tied to number of snaps. If the CPU is simming games at 65-70 plays per team we should attempt to hit the same mark. Right now we're at 100...thats way too many.
    well by that math 7-8 minutes should be the magic # for quarter length. i'll make that change and keep the sliders the same to see how that works.

well by that math 7-8 minutes should be the magic # for quarter length. i'll make that change and keep the sliders the same to see how that works.
    From digging around on various sites 12 minute quarters with a 20 second runoff gets right around 65 plays - I've seen probably 30+ games results with these settings.

I have no idea how to see how many total plays there were in my game. I can see first downs, completions, etc... but not total plays.

I do know these sliders aren't for me. It's all fun and games to win and lose but on 3rd and 2 to have a slant route called for my X receiver and the DB is playing 10 yards off of him, I hike the ball throw to my X receiver and my QB airmails the pass to the FS for an INT. This happened 3 times. I understand they aren't going to be accurate on deep balls and throwing into tight coverage but a short 3-4 yard pass? To overthrow him by 15+ yards? That's a bit extreme to me.

Finished with week 2, agreed that the games are too long, it tooke 1 hour and 17 mins to play vs the CPU.

I just played a game with quarter length at 12 minutes and clock start at 20 seconds - game was right under 1.5 hours real time. I watched most of the in-game replays and the halftime in order to get a worst case scenario, even took a quick bathroom break, lol.

Didn't realize the cut off time was 7:00am.