Breakdown of Raiders picks.

1. Chaney... 81 ovr
    2. Patterson... 72 ovr
    3. Stevenson... 68 ovr.
    4. Floyd... 69 ovr.
    5. Lattimore... 66 ovr.
    6. McGhee... 62 ovr.
    7. Hyde... 66 ovr.

As it stands right now, two of the draft picks are scheduled to make immediate impacts.

WR Randy Chaney: he's a possession receiver with great hands. He doesn't have great speed but he can get open. With the loss of Little, Streater and Holmes to free agency (and trading Criner to Pittsburgh) Chaney will slide in as the #3 receiver.

RG Cy Patterson: Patterson is a project who may need time to develop. However, he will be thrown into the fire and have to learn on the fly. The decision was made to convert him to a LG position in order to fill in a position of need. Patterson was not the first choice but this draft had very few guards and an upgrade at the position is desperately needed. I am sure he will do a great job.

The RB chosen in the 3rd round, Stevenson is an interesting pick. He is a speed back. Originally the goal was to look at him for a depth back and kick returner. However, upon closer inspection he looks to has an impressive skill-set. He will compete with Murray for backup reps at the HB position.

All of the other players have an excellent shot of making the team. Heading into training camp the only person on the bubble may be 6th rounder TE Rhyder McGhee. He was a "potential" pick. If he works out in pre-season great. If not then at least we tried.

The big question of the off-season... what do the Raiders do with Matt Schaub???

Schaub played great last year before being injured. However, with another year under his belt his skills have really dropped off (67 ovr). He is no longer the starter for this team. That job currently is in Matt McGloin's hands. However, Carr may still be in the plans (though there are rumours that a Carr for Bridgewater deal may be in the wings...??? It is a know fact the owner of the Raiders is a big Bridgewater fan).

So is there a trade market for Schaub? It seems unlikely. Should he be cut? Tough call because he has a big cap hit. Keep him on the roster as the 3rd stringer? Again, not desirable as Jake Locker was just brought in for 3rd string duties and Oakland will NOT carry 4 QB's.

How blind were you on draft day? How many points did you have to scout?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    How blind were you on draft day? How many points did you have to scout?
    You have 90 points to scout each week. Each attribute to unlock is usually 5,8 or 10 points. As for the draft... very blind. basically it's the same as last year except for the fact that they give you the scheme fit. That in and of itself is very important. Personally I think that all players should also have speed displayed as well. As for blind drafting, age, scheme and production are pretty much all that is available. I would love to see a lot more work put in for next year. This includes a draft board and combine.

I think a letter grade for speed should be automatic given the 40 times. I used to spend most of my points on letter grade overall and try to focus on drafting the few kids I found were good. I had a lot of fun with that but they nerfed that completely this year.

I think a letter grade for speed should be automatic given the 40 times. I used to spend most of my points on letter grade overall and try to focus on drafting the few kids I found were good. I had a lot of fun with that but they nerfed that completely this year.
    I really would like to see more/less points available based on the quality of your scout. There are so many things they could do with the draft. They just need the initiative to do them. That being said, I have found this year's draft to be more enjoyable and realistic. Also, it's only the 2nd time I have had a player with a backstory (out of shape, overweight could be a bust et. al.).

Oakland fills out its rosters with a few last minute signings.

WR Cole Beasley

TE Allen Reisner

Both deals are one year contracts with no signing bonus. Both may be cut in the pre-season. Raiders ownership is tempted to make a big splash by signing WR Julio Jones but his price tag will break the bank.

looking over the schedule:

The Raiders play the AFC & NFC NORTH this season. Highlights of the schedule include:

Week 1: @

Week 8: MONDAY NIGHT vs.

Week 9: @

Week 16: SUNDAY NIGHT vs.

Around the

will be starting rookie QB Carl McLendon

name Matt Flynn the starting QB

promote Teddy Bridgewater to starting QB over Matt Cassel

QB battle between Cutler and rookie Steve Sanford

name Ryan Mallett the starting QB

name rookie Brent Francis starter over Tannehill

QB depth chart: Case Keenum, Ryan Nassib, Eli Manning

only have Matt Stafford on the roster at QB... no other QBs???

Amazing talent remains unsigned in the FA pool. This list includes:

WR Julio Jones
    WR Pierre Garcon
    CB Jimmy Smith
    CB Prince Amukamara
    TE Ben Watson
    HB Mark Ingram
    ROLB Lance Briggs
    K Billy Cundiff
    LE Cry Redding
    CB Asante Samuel
    TE Heath Miller
    SS Antrel Rolle
    etc. etc. etc.

Robert Craft has been named to the Hall of Fame.

Several attempts were made at trades with regards to QB's on the Raiders roster. These include McGloin, Carr and Schaub. A couple of deals were close but final compensation could not be agreed upon so Oakland walked away.

Why don't you sign Julio? How much does he want?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I really would like to see more/less points available based on the quality of your scout. There are so many things they could do with the draft. They just need the initiative to do them. That being said, I have found this year's draft to be more enjoyable and realistic. Also, it's only the 2nd time I have had a player with a backstory (out of shape, overweight could be a bust et. al.).
    If EA would just implement a lot of the off-season features from Head Coach 09, the game would be a lot better IMO.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Why don't you sign Julio? How much does he want?
    Due to the way they changed funds for owner mode, I cannot afford to sign him as my team will drop into negative funds. Plus I need to save money to upgrade the stadium as it's in bad shape. The change to owner mode money (apparently is not a bug) does NOT let you spend to the cap, only to the amount of money your owner has available (eg. I think I have 7 million). With my first two preseason games on the road I may drop into negative funds?

How do you like game prep? I've never tried it yet. Just delegated it and trying to play.

How do you like game prep? I've never tried it yet. Just delegated it and trying to play.
    Honestly, I like it because it is quick and simple yet also has a lot of strategy to it. I don't do any of the drills though.

2015 Pre-season synopsis:

There is reason to be optimistic in Oakland this season. After a shocker of a 2014 campaign where the team broke all expectations, this team has something to prove... ultimately the 2014 was not a fluke. However, there has been some big roster turnover. Can the new players step it up?

Many f the decisions for this team were based on going with youth and draft picks to get younger. If the pre-season is any indicator, this will be a big season for Oakland!

Preseason:

Week 1: 31 15

Week 2: 26 12

13 16

3 33

The Raiders were a perfect 4-0 and looked very good in the process. McGloin played well at QB but it was Locker who was lights out at the QB spot. As a result he made the team. However, that meant that Matt Schaub was given his walking papers.

At RB, ROOKIE Sherrod Stevenson played well enough to wrap up the #2 spot on the RB depth chart. He will also be the feature 3rd down back. Murray and Sheets will follow on the depth chart.

WR... ROOKIE Randy Chaney is going to be something special. Next year he will be the #1 receiver, no question. This season he will start in the #3 spot behind Jones and Moore. The kid is a beast. A huge surprise... the play of ROOKIE Terik Lattimore. His play has earned him the #4 job, just edging out newcomer Cole Beasley (who also had a good preseason. Brice Butler will fill in at 6th spot.

The Raiders will start the season with 4 TE's. Rivera earns the start and he will be backed up by Kasa. ROOKIE Ryder McGhee earned a spot on the team and gets to go ahead on the depth chart in front of newcomer Allen Reisner.

At LG Cy Patterson transitioned well and as a result earns the starting job over Tony Bergstrom. As for the OL, backup RG Boothe was released to make room for Patterson.

On the line, ROOKIE Seth Hyde has been converted to DT. He will hold down the #4 spot on the depth chart.

There have been some changes on the corners. D.J hayden had an otstanding preseason and will earn the #2 spot ver Carlo Rogers. Keith McGill will be biting at his heals all season. To fill out the DB's, newcomer Tracy Porter has made the roster for spot #5 (in place of Carrie who is on I.R.).

At FS, Tashaun Gipson was brought in as an FA. However, returning veteran Usama Young played better and as a result will be the starter. At SS, Larry Asante has been just signed to backup Tyvon Branch.

At the kickoff return position, Lattimore and Kory Sheets will split reps. Lattimore will also do punt returns. Speaking of punting, Jeff Locke will be Oakland's new punter. He is not as accurate as marquette King but he's still young and will improve.

Season two kicks off...

Week 1: @

A windy day in Orchard park kicks off the season. For the first time since the 1970's, the Raiders are decked out in white.

The Raiders start with the ball and go 12 plays for a TD as McGloin hits Jones from three yards out. On Buffalo's first possession Manuel throws an int. A few plays later it's 10-0 Oakland. What a start!

Oakland keeps on coming and early in the 2nd, Chaney makes his first TD catch of his career to give the Raiders a 17-0 lead. The half ends 17-3 Oakland. Both QB's are playing well but the difference is the int thrown by Manuel. McGoin went 16/20 for 104 yards and 2 TD's. For Buffalo, Watkins and Welker have zero catches but Brent Celek has been a beast.

After a beautiful drive to start the 3rd, Manuel gets popped and fumbles. The Raiders respond with a 53 yard Janikowski FG to increase the lead 20-3.

Late in the 4th the Raiders add salt to the wound by punching in a TD from three yards out. That makes the score and the final... 27-3 Oakland.

McGloin 22/31 167 yards 2 TD's
    MJD 24 carries 100 yards 4.1 ypc

Give it up for the rookies:

RB Sherrod Stevenson 7 carries 42 yards 1 TD
    WR Randy Chaney 7 rec 60 yards 1 TD
    LG Cy Patterson 1 pancake
    Seth Hyde 1 sack, 1 tackle, 1 tfl
    punt returns: Terik lattimore 4 returns for 59 yards.

The downside of the game: WR James Jones is out for 8 weeks with a broken collarbone. That means Chaney moves into the #2 WR spot.

Week 2: @

The Raiders get some prime-time action in week two as they kick off their home schedule with a visit from the Texans on Thursday night. The game turned out to be a real show of offense on both sides. Houston started off the game with a 3-0 lead in the first. The 2nd quarter ended with the score 10-10. After the 3rd quarter, the Texans were up by a score of 20-17. That's when things went south for Houston.

In the 4th quarter the raider offense exploded for 21 unanswered points. That made the score Oakland 38 Houston 20. The Raiders O out-gained Houston 584 yards to 334 yards.

Houston was on the road to victory until their starter rookie QB, Carl McClendon was knocked out of the game late in the 3rd. His backup, Tom Savage came in and went 5/7 and then also got injured and then 3rd stringer Tavaris Jackson came in and, ... well... you know the results.

Matt McGloin 26/32 295 yards 3 TD 1 int.
    Carl McClendon 13/16 147 yards 2 TD.

Houston could not run the ball but Oakland had a field day. MJD had 22 carries for 98 yards before being injured. Rookie Sherrod Stevenson came in and had 18 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's.

Rookie WR Randy Chaney had a monster game in his first as a starter. He had 8 catches for 121 yards and 2 TD's.

After week two, the Raiders have the number 2 offense and number 2 defense. How long will this ride continue???

Week 3: @

Oakland gets its first look at Teddy Bridgewater. Management has made it no secret that in the offseason several attempts were made to get Teddy. However Minnesota wouldn't have it. McGloin has something to prove this game.

Beautiful weather in the bay area... it's time for kickoff!

Oakland starts off the game with a 52 yard FG to take a 3-0 lead. That score holds until the 2nd quarter. After a long drive by the Vikes they convert on a 52 yard FG to tie the game 3-3.

With 1:22 left in the half McGloin throws a pic six and Minnesota goes up 10-3. It was a terrible read by McGloin!!! The hald ends 10-3. This game is a dog! 52 pass yards for the Vikes to 49 for the Raiders and 32 rush yards for Minnesota to 30 for Oakland. Both Bridgewater and McGloin have looked average at best. MJJ only has a 2.7 ypc average. Ugly all around!!!

Minnesota starts the 3rd with a nice, fast paced drive and it ends with a 48 yard FG to give the Vikes a 13-3 lead. Oakland cannot respond and McGloin is now 8 for 17 for 54 yards. Is it time for a switch???

The Raiders next drive see's Janikwoski hit the post on a 55 yard attempt. The score remains 13-3 Minnesota late in the 3rd. Minnesota is really chewing the clock with run after run after run. They can't move the ball but they sure are committed to running it.

The 4th begins with a 37 yard FG by Minnesota. That makes it 16-3. Is this game slipping away?

With 4:26 left Oakland goes for it on 4th and 12 at the Viking 27. Oakland cannot convert. Minnesota cannot move the ball so Oakland gets it back and goes another 4 and out. On Minnesota's next possession they continue to run the ball and the clock. With 1:14 left Minnesota hits a 30 yard FG and cements their lead, 19-3.

The last drive of the game, Carr gets some action and he takes advantage of it, leading Oakland down the field ad hitting TE McGhee for a TD. The Raiders miss the 2 point conversion but do get the onside kick with 3 seconds left. The Hail Mary comes up incomplete and the game ends with the Vikings winning 19-9.

McGloin was awful going 16/31 for 117 yards and 1 int. Carr was 5/9 for 80 yards and a TD. MJD had 63 yards on 15 carries. The only real positive of the game saw Mychal Rivera snag six catches.

With the loss Oakland falls to 2-1 on the season.