Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76: Madden 15 CFM

• Facebook
  • Display
    With the 4th round pick, the Raider select RE Brendan Newman out of Clemson. Newman fits best in an attacking 4-3.

With the 5th round pick, the Raiders go a bit off the board and make a stretch for LE Rafael Coley. Coley fits best in a 4-3/Tampa 2 system. He comes from the University of Oregon.

With the 6th round pick, te Raiders draft, LOLB Bronson Kitchens. Kitchens, comes from Duke where he played in a Cover 2/Tampa 2 system.

With the Raiders last pick, they select WR Lincoln Godfrey, a speedster out of Kansas State. Some projected him for the 2nd round. It will be interesting to see what he can do.

Preseason schedule...

@

@

vs.

vs.

For the regular season, Oakland gets a number of prime-time games this season.

Week 1: vs. MONDAY NIGHT

Week 4: @ SUNDAY NIGHT

Week 9: @ THURSDAY NIGHT

Week 12: vs. THURSDAY NIGHT

Week 14: vs. MONDAY NIGHT

What are the draft grades/overalls on your picks? Can't believe the CPU accepted that trade up in first round. They are usually stingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    What are the draft grades/overalls on your picks? Can't believe the CPU accepted that trade up in first round. They are usually stingy.
    No access right now but let's just say I will not be winning any awards this year. I am really disappointed in my #1 pick though. He is only a 73ovr yet his pre-draft ratings were phenomenal and twitter et. al. predicted he be would be the best defensive player in the draft. With those stats he sits 4th on the MLB depth chart. I'm not sure what to do with him at this point. Every other player is in the 60's. This is the worst draft year I have ever had in terms of ovr.

As for trades, I was surprised too as Jones is on his last legs. However, my first round pick projection was #6 so I thought I would try. Turns out I should have held onto the pick and taken best available at 24 as my pick could very well not make it on the field this year.

Pet peeve...if you change a player from CB to FS just to see how he is rated, when you turn him back to a CB he should not have a massive stat drop. That is absolutely crazy! My rooking CB went from a 65ovr to a 47 FS. I didn't like the rating so at the very same time I changed him back to a CB. He is now rated a 58ovr. A ratings drop of 7 points in under a minute! Unbelievable!!! Attention Madden developers... you don't forget to play a position in less than 60 seconds...

His awareness rating drops every time you switch positions.

What ratings did you scout the Mlb? There are 4 important ones with tackle #1.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1941225598

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    His awareness rating drops every time you switch positions.

What ratings did you scout the Mlb? There are 4 important ones with tackle #1.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1941225598
    I usually scout tackle, awareness, man coverage and zone coverage (for LB's). I know that the scheme fit is an issue as he is a 3-4 backer but he is supposed to be elite (he even had commentary in the draft) so I expected much, much higher than a 73 ovr.

The plan as is will be to start Roach at MLB and most likely cut Burnett so that my rookie can get some reps. Next year Roach will either retire or be cut and then the rookie will get his shot.

Ratings for draft picks

1. MLB Lynden Donaldson 73 ovr
    2. CB Tyri Bernard 56 ovr
    3. WR Christian Terry 64 ovr
    4. RE Brendan Newman 68 ovr
    5. LE Rafael Coley 62 ovr
    6. LOLB Bronson Kitchens 58 ovr
    7. WR Lincoln Godfrey 59 ovr.

This class will definitely not go down as elite. Hopefully though they will be servicable players.

Going into the season the Raiders beleive they have the talent and depth to be Superbowl bound. With new HC Mike Smith at the helm there will definitely be some growing pains.

Edit: even though it says Mike Smith runs a 4-3 he actually runs a 3-4. This will need to change as I don't do 3-4 D and this team has been built on a 4-3 philosophy.

Exhibition 1:

@

Mike Smith's tenure kicks off with a 43-37 win in an absolute monsson in Green Bay. The Packers, wearng their hideous retros held the lead for 3 quarters before the Raiders broke through and took the lead. However, with the game tied at 37, Locker hit Lattimore for a 63 yard TD and the Raiders held the lead for the last 52 seconds of the game.

Highlights:

Derek Carr 11/16 125 yards 1 TD
    RB Charles Sims 10 carries 49 yards 1 TD
    rookie WR Christian Terry 5 rec 145 yards 1 TD
    WR Terik Lattimore 5 rec. 96 yards 1 TD
    rookie MLB Lynden Donaldson 8 tackles 1 INT.

Lowlights:

Jake Locker 9/22 254 yards 1 TD 2 int.
    RB Sherrod Stevenson 5 carries 13 yards 1 TD

And the bad news... starting CB DJ Hayden will be out for six weeks with a partial PCL tear.

Breaking news!!!

are reporting that Peyton Manning has retired. That leaves 3 year man Zac Dysert as the starting QB. He is backed up by rookie Dalton Parks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Ratings for draft picks

1. MLB Lynden Donaldson 73 ovr
    2. CB Tyri Bernard 56 ovr
    3. WR Christian Terry 64 ovr
    4. RE Brendan Newman 68 ovr
    5. LE Rafael Coley 62 ovr
    6. LOLB Bronson Kitchens 58 ovr
    7. WR Lincoln Godfrey 59 ovr.

This class will definitely not go down as elite. Hopefully though they will be servicable players.
    That LB may be something special. Don't let ovr get you down. Check his development and attributes. He may be a stud that just needs coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by thatBuckeye View Post
    That LB may be something special. Don't let ovr get you down. Check his development and attributes. He may be a stud that just needs coaching.
    Yeah I am hoping so. He had a strong game in his exhibition vs. GB. I need to dump a good chunk of development points into him though to get him up to NFL standards. By the way, thanks for checking out the thread!

Exhibition 2: @

Oakland does NOT play well in Steelerville and tonight was no exception. Oakland QB's threw a total of 4 ints. including a pic six and the Stellers won 38-17. Oakland was up 17-10 in the 3rd but they didn't deserve to be. Leveon Bell exploded for 107 rush yards and 2nd stringer Tony Romo gobbled up 194 passing yards. It was an ugly loss.

The Raiders now 1-1 in preseason have struggled to grasp Mike Smith's new game planning. The only real positives were the play of new addition CB Janoris Jenkins and rookie LOLB Bronson Kitchens as they both had 7 tackles.

Big signings around the league...

WR Justin Blackmon

WR Tavon Austin

CB Alphonso Dennard

QB Matt Cassel

TE Jacob Tamme

n/m. Good updates, Jaymo! Good luck!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud