View Poll Results: Do you think the NFL is rigged?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 14.29%
  • No

18 85.71%
Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The How Many Times Can Ram Be Wrong Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ART BELL View Post
    I'm obviously seeing something that isn't there.

WE/DB hanchecking each other as they run down the field? We have never seen that before. Ever. The DB was watching Moss's eyes and his hand up in the air, then looking back at the ball.

Can we move this crap to a conspiracy forum? It's not current NFL news IMO and it's dragging on too long.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    WE/DB hanchecking each other as they run down the field? We have never seen that before. Ever. The DB was watching Moss's eyes and his hand up in the air, then looking back at the ball.
    they aren't hand checking by any stretch of the imagination, they are fucking helping each other. Actually watch the damn video and break it down. Like every fool in the country all you do is watch it in fast action a couple times and assume its normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Can we move this crap to a conspiracy forum? It's not current NFL news IMO and it's dragging on too long.
    I've already put in a report to get this utter fucking stupidity at the very least moved to its own thread rather than clogging up the 2014 season thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    they aren't hand checking by any stretch of the imagination, they are fucking helping each other. Actually watch the damn video and break it down. Like every fool in the country all you do is watch it in fast action a couple times and assume its normal.
    It doesn't matter what anyone does. We can all sit there watching the video in super slo-mo 50,000 times, still think the way we think and you'll just sit there continuing to say your retarded "you're not watching the video, you're not breaking it down and rewinding it and watching it frame by frame" bullshit you repeatedly say every time someone doesn't magically change their opinion to match yours. Say it all you fucking want, it doesn't mean you'll suddenly change someone's mind with this tin foil for a brain bullshit. Christ almighty, just fucking give it a rest already! It was funny at first, now it's just getting fucking stupid and annoying!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

How has this made it to page five??? This is seriously insane!

On another note, I bought some Welch's grape jelly today. That purchase will ensure the Toronto Blue Jays win the 2018 World Series. See, Welch's, the government of Canada and MLS entertainment have a deal that says how many jars of jelly need to be sold for Toronto to win the World Series. My contribution made it happen... Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    How has this made it to page five??? This is seriously insane!

On another note, I bought some Welch's grape jelly today. That purchase will ensure the Toronto Blue Jays win the 2018 World Series. See, Welch's, the government of Canada and MLS entertainment have a deal that says how many jars of jelly need to be sold for Toronto to win the World Series. My contribution made it happen... Nice!
    Lol, because it was nothing but pages of shit smeared all over the 2014 NFL season thread. Thankfully it appears my report asking the guys to separate said shit into its own thread was received and answered.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I've already put in a report to get this utter fucking stupidity at the very least moved to its own thread rather than clogging up the 2014 season thread.

It doesn't matter what anyone does. We can all sit there watching the video in super slo-mo 50,000 times, still think the way we think and you'll just sit there continuing to say your retarded "you're not watching the video, you're not breaking it down and rewinding it and watching it frame by frame" bullshit you repeatedly say every time someone doesn't magically change their opinion to match yours. Say it all you fucking want, it doesn't mean you'll suddenly change someone's mind with this tin foil for a brain bullshit. Christ almighty, just fucking give it a rest already! It was funny at first, now it's just getting fucking stupid and annoying!

again,..if you think 2 brothers can reach 5 super bowls in 8 years on 3 different teams without manipulation by outside forces, you are in fact fooling yourself. Now that its been established that these outcomes aren't natural it stands to reason that there is something happening on the field in these games to make these outcomes happen. My being able to weed out this footage that shows players,refs and announcers all working in unison proves how vastly more intelligent I am while in the last 3 years you still type like a rude 15 year old who cant handle any thing intellectually stimulating and logically sound. You are afraid the sports world you worship might actually not be the pure thing you want it to be and excuse obvious clues.

over the next year test yourself and actually pay attention to the NFL landscape and how things pan out. You may well surprise yourself as to what dawns on you.

Read some more.

Dan Moldea wrote a book on Jimmy Hoffa, becoming the first reporter to link the former Teamsters president and two mobsters to the JFK assassination.[50] Nothing happened. No death threats. No cement shoes. He wrote another book detailing Ronald Regan's mafia ties. Again, nada. No blowback. Favorable reviews.
    He then wrote a book connecting the NFL and organized crime, 1988's "Interference."

"That book," Moldea says, "ended my career."

Moldea may be exaggerating. Or not. He digs into an omelet, tomatoes on the side. We're sitting in a Washington, D.C. diner, an inconspicuous spot near American University, a few miles north of the mailbox where convicted spy and former CIA agent Aldrich Ames once left chalk marks to request meetings with his KGB handlers.

Moldea is definitely not crazy. Quite the contrary. Wearing a black polo shirt under a gray suit jacket, he looks like what he is: an old school investigative journalist. He prefers documents and interviews to speculation and intuition. Two of his other books -- one on the RFK assassination, the other on the death of former White House attorney Vince Foster -- disprove longstanding conspiracy theories. He is seasoned and smart, stubborn and unafraid.

He says he should have known better than to pen "Interference."

Moldea's father, Emil, warned him. From his deathbed. A former Ohio State football player and roommate of pro Hall of Famer Dante Lavelli, Emil tried to shoot down the idea just hours before losing his battle with pancreatic cancer. "Don't write that goddamn book," the 64-year-old told his son. "It will break your heart."

"He knew raw power would come at me," Moldea says. "Like a rifle shot."

Moldea wrote "Interference" anyway. The contents were explosive. No fewer than 26 past and then-present NFL team owners with documented personal and/or business ties to members of the gambling community and/or organized crime.[51] No fewer than 50 legitimate investigations of league corruption either suppressed or killed due to a sweetheart relationship[52] between NFL Security[53] and law enforcement.
    Moldea confirmed that Colts owner Carroll Rosenbloom really did bet on his own team in the 1958 NFL championship game, taking the points and wagering $1 million.[54] He found that Rosenbloom likely gambled another million on his club to win Super Bowl III. He corroborated evidence -- originally obtained via separate IRS and FBI investigations -- suggesting that two league referees helped fix no fewer than eight NFL games.[55] In Las Vegas, Moldea met with bookie Don Dawson, who admitted he personally conspired with NFL players in at least 32 games that had points shaved or were dumped outright.
    "I didn't put [everything I had] in the book because I didn't want lawsuits," he says. "Dawson talked a lot about [former NFL quarterback] Bobby Layne. I wrote fairly mild stuff about Layne. I got a call one night from a guy who identified himself as Layne's son. He said he hired a hit man to come kill me."

Looking back, Moldea says he was naïve. He knew the NFL would attack him. But he figured there were honest people he could trust, like then-NFL Security head Warren Welsh.[56] Moldea began his book tour at Las Vegas' Stardust Hotel. He says he invited Welsh to his room, laid out his Dawson tapes and documents, went downstairs to give an interview. He returned to find Welsh shaking his head. "Jesus Christ, Dan. You just made my job so difficult."
    The two men went to the lobby. Welsh hailed a cab to the airport. Before getting in, he turned to Moldea. "He says to me -- and I'll never forget this -- 'Dan, we gotta destroy you now,'" Moldea says.

Next came the bullets. Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell called Moldea a "sick muckraker." The league dismissed "Interference" as tabloid journalism, a collection of half-truths, rumors and distortions.[57]
    The most damaging attack came from a New York Times book review, penned by veteran NFL beat writer Gerald Eskenazi. Eskenazi[58] accused Moldea of "sloppy journalism," a career death blow at the time;[59] Moldea responded by pointing out factual errors in Eskenazi's review and demanding a retraction. The paper stood by the article. Moldea sued for libel, claiming Eskenazi's opinion was based on provably false facts. The case became a five-year ordeal, a First Amendment flashpoint that nearly reached the Supreme Court,[60] with almost every major national media organization lined up against Moldea -- in theory, to protect free speech -- and a U.S. Court of appeals ruling for Moldea before reversing its own decision.
    "I wanted to fight the NFL," he says. "Instead, I went to war with the New York Times. They ran interference[61] for the league. Usually, people cheer for David. No one was cheering for me."
    Things got worse. And more suspicious. Moldea discovered that Sandy Smith -- a Washington Post book reviewer who had slammed "Interference" -- was in the middle of a lawsuit against Moldea's publisher. Representing Smith? Bill Hundley, a former chief of NFL Security. The 1992 book "Alien Ink" detailed a covert FBI program that "reviewed" -- read: sabotaged -- authors and their published works. "Interference" was among the targets. In 1996, Moldea filed a FOIA request; resulting documents revealed that the FBI placed him under investigation just days after his book's release and that the special agent heading the inquiry was Mitt Ahlerich, a man who later became head of NFL Security.

"When you get involved in something like this, your worst fear is that you run up to people in the street and grab them by the lapels and want to explain your half of the story," Moldea says. "I didn't get quite that bad. But it was close."

Moldea can live with paranoia. Every investigative reporter, he says, believes there is some force out there screwing with his or her life.[62]
    What still bugs him about "Interference" is this: During his 13-city book tour, he brought his tapes and notes to every stop. Ready to open up. Lay things out. Only no one asked to see his evidence, pick up the baton, investigate further.

Moldea mentions another court case, this one involving the NFL and game-fixing. Says he testified as an expert witness, along with key law enforcement people.[63] Says the case was ultimately settled, and sealed, and that the depositions would give me a full-on heart attack ... but if I really want to see them, he just might be able to help me. "Play this wrong, and it's a quick way to destroy your career," he adds. "You're talking to a cautionary tale here. I'm not kidding around. This is dangerous [expletive]."
    The FBI. The NFL. The media. The courts. The hidden hand writ large. Do I want to take them on? Am I crazy? Moldea thumbs his cellphone. He offers to help.

"I have an up-to-date number for Warren Welsh. I think he might be ready to talk. If you want Warren's number, call me."

I force a brave smile. But I know I never will

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I'll say it again, if it can happen in the World Cup, why not the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I'll say it again, if it can happen in the World Cup, why not the NFL?
    You are talking individual cases in regards to the World Cup. The World Cup is an event, FIFA is the organization behind it. Did Cameroon players fix WC matches? Have no clue? Even if they did it they had no shot of making it to the finals. Sure, individuals in the FIFA organization are corrupt (Qatar 2022 is a no-brainer). Are they fixing World Cups or responsible for what Cameroon did? No. It's like bringing up the Blacksox scandal or Pete Rose betting on games. Are you blaming the MLB for those things?

The point trying to be made is that the NFL is fixed. Not a few players on teams making money to blow a game or two. That happens in every sport. Corruption exists. The NFL being fixed does not.

proves how vastly more intelligent I am while in the last 3 years you still type like a rude 15 year old who cant handle any thing intellectually stimulating and logically sound.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    You are talking individual cases in regards to the World Cup. The World Cup is an event, FIFA is the organization behind it. Did Cameroon players fix WC matches? Have no clue? Even if they did it they had no shot of making it to the finals. Sure, individuals in the FIFA organization are corrupt (Qatar 2022 is a no-brainer). Are they fixing World Cups or responsible for what Cameroon did? No. It's like bringing up the Blacksox scandal or Pete Rose betting on games. Are you blaming the MLB for those things?

The point trying to be made is that the NFL is fixed. Not a few players on teams making money to blow a game or two. That happens in every sport. Corruption exists. The NFL being fixed does not.
    You're telling me you don't remember refs fixing games? There are CLEAR indications of that in the World Cup as well as NBA playoff games. How could the NFL possibly be any different? Especially since they don't even have FULL TIME REFS. I don't see how going from that to the NFL itself trying to make the most interesting stories it can possibly make to sell the best. You don't think Kaep vs Wilson (two 2nd year QBs, both black, both mobile QBs that no one thought would do anything in the NFL) wasn't one of the highest rated and most watched NFC Championship games and didn't have an incredible storyline to sell?

I'd be highly surprised if it's not all controlled and manipulated in some way to benefit the NFL brand as much as possible.

The refs that I recall that fixed games did it for the same reason as the players, to line the pockets. It has nothing to do with a League being fixed. Once again, there is corruption in every league, from refs, to players, to owners, to individuals working for the League, etc. etc. Saying a League is fixed is a completely different ball game.

Side note: I am sure it was the NFL that told Doug Williams to stay in the pocket and not run, because white folks would find it to be a better story. It was the 80's and we were not ready for a running QB. Those 4 TD's he threw in a single quarter? The NFL's doing. Remove all credit from the guy who tossed em. It also explains why Randall Cunningham never won a Super Bowl. The NFL did not think we we ready for it. Golly gee, now we have an NFC Championship with two black mobile QB's. We have come a long way baby.

Spoiler: show
    Making up shit is fun.

Edit: Speaking of QB's and the NFL. Someone explain to me how the NFL let Trent Dilfer win a Super Bowl and not Dan Marino? Yeah, the world was really dying to see Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins battle it out. The stories they told that night.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-25-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    They also were for the Offenses they ran.
    True. But their offenses are modern whereas Crouch's is relegated to the academies and Georgis Tech. Maybe he could be a modern Auburn quarterback, I don't know. He'd need to be more of a passing threat than I recall to be successful.

My main point was that you were pointing at running skill as a factor in ESPN's hype. I don't think it had anything to do with it.

We forget, very quickly, that 2006 Ohio State and Carroll-era USC were also passengers on the ESPN hype trsin.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

again,..if you think 2 brothers can reach 5 super bowls in 8 years on 3 different teams without manipulation by outside forces, you are in fact fooling yourself.
    I don't know why you keep coming back to this one and this seems to be your basis for a lot of your argument, the fact that a family can't have more than one NFL caliber player. Peyton Manning may be the best QB to ever play the game and it's hard to imagine that he's been to a couple of SBs?!? And it's unfathomable that his brother is a NFL QB who's made it to the SB, why? Why is it such a great story that they've made it to the SB? If I remember correctly, both years the Eli has made it the big story was the Pats and their unbelievable offenses and nothing with Eli. Even after the wins not many people say Eli won those games. Most of it was the Giants D, the David Tyree catch(which how in the world would you "fix" that.) Nobody but you even talks about how many SBs the Mannings have been to so I guess I don't understand why this is your main point. And if people do care, why wouldn't they have the Manning SB. If the NFL wants to "sell" the Manning name why haven't these two ever met up in the SB?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    You're telling me you don't remember refs fixing games? There are CLEAR indications of that in the World Cup as well as NBA playoff games. How could the NFL possibly be any different? Especially since they don't even have FULL TIME REFS. I don't see how going from that to the NFL itself trying to make the most interesting stories it can possibly make to sell the best. You don't think Kaep vs Wilson (two 2nd year QBs, both black, both mobile QBs that no one thought would do anything in the NFL) wasn't one of the highest rated and most watched NFC Championship games and didn't have an incredible storyline to sell?

I'd be highly surprised if it's not all controlled and manipulated in some way to benefit the NFL brand as much as possible.
    Not trying to be insensitive here but is Kaep black? I thought I remember seeing his parents and I didn't think that they were. If he is though the NFL did a poor job of selling that IMO. I've said it before, they need better writers.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I don't know why you keep coming back to this one and this seems to be your basis for a lot of your argument, the fact that a family can't have more than one NFL caliber player. Peyton Manning may be the best QB to ever play the game and it's hard to imagine that he's been to a couple of SBs?!? And it's unfathomable that his brother is a NFL QB who's made it to the SB, why? Why is it such a great story that they've made it to the SB? If I remember correctly, both years the Eli has made it the big story was the Pats and their unbelievable offenses and nothing with Eli. Even after the wins not many people say Eli won those games. Most of it was the Giants D, the David Tyree catch(which how in the world would you "fix" that.) Nobody but you even talks about how many SBs the Mannings have been to so I guess I don't understand why this is your main point. And if people do care, why wouldn't they have the Manning SB. If the NFL wants to "sell" the Manning name why haven't these two ever met up in the SB?
    Spoiler: show
    I guarantee that I get a "you are so short sided or one dimensional in your thinking" as an argument back

Not trying to be insensitive here but is Kaep black? I thought I remember seeing his parents and I didn't think that they were. If he is though the NFL did a poor job of selling that IMO. I've said it before, they need better writers.
    Kaepernick's father is African-American. The parents you've seen him with are his adoptive parents.
    I don't know why you keep coming back to this one and this seems to be your basis for a lot of your argument, the fact that a family can't have more than one NFL caliber player.
    Genetics forbid a father from passing on the same genes (and work ethic, experience, knowledge) that allowed him to be an NFL-caliber player to any offspring. See: Ken Norton, Howie Long, Clay Matthews.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud