View Poll Results: Do you think the NFL is rigged?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 14.29%
  • No

18 85.71%
Page 37 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: The How Many Times Can Ram Be Wrong Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    guaranteed ? really ? Did you know that Eli's jersey is top 5 in QB jersey sales, even now. Why would the league want a Stanton or Sanchez or Stafford in the playoffs when no one is buying their product ? ( maybe there is a conspiracy against QBs who's names start with S?..yes that was a joke dudes)

http://fansided.com/2014/11/21/nfl-p...uarterbacks/8/

it wont come down to soley head to head tie breakers. it will be a 9-7, 8-8 mess.

you forgot what Strahan said in his hall of fame speech. "the improbable is not impossible" )))))) just like last years stupid "why not us" junk. LOL
    I guess while focusing solely on Detroit (and their magical 5 game losing streak they're about to go on along with apparently half of the rest of the league), you missed the fact that Seattle and San Francisco play twice. So one of them is guaranteed 8 wins.

Combine that with Arizona's already 9 wins and since Arizona is apparently still going to miss the playoffs because heaven forbid a Super Bowl host make the playoffs, that means both Seattle and San Francisco will beat Arizona in these final weeks, putting both over 8 wins and eliminating the Giants from the wild card thanks to head to head tiebreakers.

It's simple numbers sockboy. The number of 7 and 8 win teams playing each other these final weeks will put MULTIPLE teams at 8-9 or more wins come the end of the season. ALL of those teams hold the head to head tiebreaker over the Giants. The Giants can't get more than 8 wins, and they can't magically get the head to head tiebreaker eliminated from the tiebreaking procedures. THEY ARE DONE.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 11-24-2014 at 05:09 PM.

if they aren't eliminated yet,what difference does it make what scenario you can't find ? ESPN is going to hide that fact till time is right and what ever thing your using would assume home field wins etc what ever factors.

this way they make sure every game during the last 2 weeks matter for all to salivate and watch.
    That thing doesn't assume anything. You can manually pick who wins each game. I picked the Giants to win every remaining game, the Lions and Cardinals to lose every remaining game, the Cowboys to sweep the Eagles and the Seahawks to sweep the 49ers. The Giants end up out of the playoffs to the Cardinals, 49ers, Seahawks, Bears, Lions, Cowboys and/or Eagles EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

guaranteed ? really ? Did you know that Eli's jersey is top 5 in QB jersey sales, even now. Why would the league want a Stanton or Sanchez or Stafford in the playoffs when no one is buying their product ? ( maybe there is a conspiracy against QBs who's names start with S?..yes that was a joke dudes)

http://fansided.com/2014/11/21/nfl-p...uarterbacks/8/

it wont come down to soley head to head tie breakers. it will be a 9-7, 8-8 mess.

you forgot what Strahan said in his hall of fame speech. "the improbable is not impossible" )))))) just like last years stupid "why not us" junk. LOL
    So I guess that means that the Ravens, Panthers and Saints are ALL making the playoffs too because they have a QB in the top 10 jersey sales?

#TrustTheScript

Alright, lets really prove this to you. You get a say in this Ram. You get to pick the games next week, right now. Make your picks. I'll use your picks and the current standings to show that the Giants have no chance. And since the NFC is the big question mark here, you don't have to pick EVERY game, just the NFC games. You like to post your supposed upset picks AFTER the game have gone final, lets see you make the picks BEFORE the games get played.

Thursday
    Chicago at Detroit
    Philadelphia at Dallas
    Seattle at San Francisco

Sunday
    Washington at Indianapolis
    NY Giants at Jacksonville
    Cincinnati at Tampa Bay
    Oakland at St. Louis
    New Orleans at Pittsburgh
    Carolina at Minnesota
    Arizona at Atlanta
    New England at Green Bay

Damn. I missed a good day in here today.

I #TrustTheScript

You know what, we don't even have to play the picking game. A website has already done all the work for me.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/N.../NYGiants.html

Sorry sockboy, better luck next year!

#TrustTheScript

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    You know what, we don't even have to play the picking game. A website has already done all the work for me.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/N.../NYGiants.html

Sorry sockboy, better luck next year!

#TrustTheScript
    he bases that on home field advantage probability. I looked at it last night and it really makes no sense.

the fact is the Giants aren't eliminated yet and its still "this year."

sorry dude, try again. I'm not a sock boy,I'm a sneaker pimp.

he bases that on home field advantage probability. I looked at it last night and it really makes no sense.

the fact is the Giants aren't eliminated yet and its still "this year."

sorry dude, try again. I'm not a sock boy,I'm a sneaker pimp.
    Ah, to be so blissfully ignorant.

Alright, lets really prove this to you. You get a say in this Ram. You get to pick the games next week, right now. Make your picks. I'll use your picks and the current standings to show that the Giants have no chance. And since the NFC is the big question mark here, you don't have to pick EVERY game, just the NFC games. You like to post your supposed upset picks AFTER the game have gone final, lets see you make the picks BEFORE the games get played.

Thursday
    Chicago at Detroit
    Philadelphia at Dallas
    Seattle at San Francisco

Sunday
    Cincinnati at Tampa Bay
    Oakland at St. Louis
    Carolina at Minnesota
    Arizona at Atlanta
    New England at Green Bay
    Alright sockboy, since every legitimate source that says the Giants are OUT of the playoffs are "liars" according to you, lets get those picks going! If you have the balls.

So I guess that means that the Ravens, Panthers and Saints are ALL making the playoffs too because they have a QB in the top 10 jersey sales?

#TrustTheScript
    no, the point is you sell what will sell and what is selling. Theres no interest in Sanchez or Stanton making it because they don't even have fans. either the Saints or Panthers will get in,thats a given but for the scenario to play out obviously only one of them gets to with such weak records that lends itself to a wild card elsewhere.

follow the money,not what you hope is a Cinderella story.

Thursday
    Chicago at Detroit
    Philadelphia at Dallas
    Seattle at San Francisco

Sunday
    Cincinnati at Tampa Bay
    Oakland at St. Louis
    Carolina at Minnesota
    Arizona at Atlanta
    New England at Green Bay

are you still 13 years old ? theres obviously only 2 games that matter and we know who has to win those. That aside,it doesn't matter if I get a majority right as long as that scenario plays out. After 3 years of childish rants it's time for you to grow up.

you seriously cant find the scenario that benefits the Giants and pushes down the cards ?

SF goes 10-6 or better and seattle is above cards at 10-6 each or 9-7 and at 9-7 even the Rams might get in either teams way with all the division interchange games coming up. So either Seattle or rams get the wild card and Arizona is sharing 3rd or 4th place with seattle or STL. ..so like last year they go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs. Green bay wins their division outright with Detroit at 7-9. NFC south = one team obviously at 7-9 or 8-8 and NY beat Atlanta so its better with Atlanta in second place and a 8-8 record...I'm sure I'm missing plenty but it all works out in the end

are you still 13 years old ? theres obviously only 2 games that matter and we know who has to win those. That aside,it doesn't matter if I get a majority right as long as that scenario plays out. After 3 years of childish rants it's time for you to grow up.

you seriously cant find the scenario that benefits the Giants and pushes down the cards ?

SF goes 10-6 or better and seattle is above cards at 10-6 each or 9-7 and at 9-7 even the Rams might get in either teams way with all the division interchange games coming up. So either Seattle or rams get the wild card and Arizona is sharing 3rd or 4th place with seattle or STL. ..so like last year they go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs. Green bay wins their division outright with Detroit at 7-9. NFC south = one team obviously at 7-9 or 8-8 and NY beat Atlanta so its better with Atlanta in second place and a 8-8 record...I'm sure I'm missing plenty but it all works out in the end
    Is this English? If teams are missing the playoffs at 10-6 then the Giants are out. They can't get more than 8 wins

You clearly have no understanding of how teams have specific games they have to play and how head to head tiebreakers work. If the 49ers finish 10-6 or better, And Seattle is 10-6 or 9-7, that eliminates the Giants right there. SF (10-6) wins the West, Seattle (10-6 or 9-7) claims one wildcard slot and Arizona (at worst 9-7) claims the second wildcard slot. The Giants, at 8-8, cannot get into the playoffs except through a wildcard slot. Dallas already has 8 wins and has won both games they played against the Giants, so at absolute best, the Giants finish second to the Cowboys, even if both finish 8-8. And even in that case, the Eagles win the division since they will have beaten Dallas to get 9 or more wins. My god you really are dense.

Wow.

I didn't even think ram was THIS stupid.

THE GIANTS ARE OUT. PERIOD.

The only thing I can think of, from reading the last few posts, is that Sir Scripts-A-Lot has NO FUCKING CLUE how playoff teams are selected. Either he thinks that the wildcards can't come from the same division or he has no grasp on basic tie-breaking procedures. Christ, what a fucking dumbass.

I #TrustTheScript

Week Philadelphia (8-3) Dallas (8-3) New York Giants (3-8)
    13 at Dallas (W/L - 9-3 or 8-4) vs. Philadelphia (W/L - 9-3 or 8-4) at Jacksonville (W - 4-8)
    14 vs. Seattle (L - 9-4 or 8-5) at Chicago (L - 9-4 or 8-5) at Tennessee (W - 5-8)
    15 vs. Dallas (W/L - 10-4 or 8-6) at Philadelphia (W/L - 10-4 or 8-6) vs. Washington (W - 6-8)
    16 at Washington (L - 10-5 or 8-7) vs. Indianapolis (L - 10-5 or 8-7) at St. Louis (W - 7-8)
    17 at New York Giants (L - 10-6 or 8-8) at Washington (L - 10-6 or 8-8) vs. Philadelphia (W - 8-8)

Dallas vs. New York Giants - 2-0 (Dallas finishes first ahead of NYG due to Head to Head tiebreaker)
    Philadelphia vs. New York Giants - 1-1 (Giants finish ahead of Philadelphia but behind Dallas)

So, we have just proven without a doubt that nothing the NY Giants do, they can't win the NFC East. Now lets move onto the wild cards.

Arizona (worst case - 9-7) (hold head to head tiebreaker vs. Giants)
    Key Games - at St. Louis, vs. Seattle, at San Francisco

Green Bay (worst case - 8-8)
    Key Games - vs. New England, at Buffalo, vs. Detroit

Philadelphia (worst case - 8-8 (if lose to Dallas twice) or 10-6 (if beat Dallas twice)
    Key Games - at Dallas, vs. Seattle, vs. Dallas, at NY Giants

Dallas (worst case - 8-8 (if lose to Philly twice) or 10-6 (if beat Philly twice) (hold head to head tiebreaker vs. Giants)
    Key Games - vs. Philadelphia, at Philadelphia

Seattle (worst case - 8-8 (if lose to San Francisco twice) or 10-6 (if beat San Francisco twice) (hold head to head tiebreaker vs. Giants)
    Key Games - at San Francisco, at Philadelphia, vs. San Francisco, at Arizona, vs. St. Louis

San Francisco (worst case - 8-8 (if lose to Seattle twice) or 10-6 (if beat Seattle twice) (hold head to head tiebreaker vs. Giants)
    Key Games - vs. Seattle, at Seattle, vs. Arizona

Detroit (worst case - 7-9) (hold head to head tiebreaker vs. Giants)
    Key Games - vs. Chicago, at Chicago, at Green Bay

Chicago (worst case - 5-11)
    Key Games - at Detroit, vs. Dallas, vs. Detroit

New York Giants (best case - 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreaker vs. NO ONE)
    Key Games - at St. Louis, vs. Philadelphia

So please, I BEG YOU, please, pray tell what magical combination of wins and losses in those key games will somehow allow the New York Giants to somehow magically bypass the head to head tiebreaker system and claim a wild card spot. With those worst case records, Arizona wins the NFC West, Green Bay or Detroit wins the NFC North, it doesn't matter who wins the NFC South because they all suck, Dallas or Philadelphia wins the NFC East.

Assuming Green Bay and Dallas win their divisions, the playoffs will look like this:

#1 Seed - Arizona (9-7) (NFC West Champ)
    #2 Seed - Green Bay (8-8) NFC North Champ)
    #3 Seed - Dallas (8-8 (NFC East Champ)
    #4 Seed - NFC South Champ (with whatever terrible record they will have)
    #5 Seed - Philadelphia, Seattle or San Francisco (all 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreakers over New York Giants)
    #6 Seed - Philadelphia, Seattle or San Francisco (all 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreakers over New York Giants)
    #7 Rank - Philadelphia, Seattle or San Francisco (all 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreakers over New York Giants)
    #8 Rank - New York Giants (8-8)
    #9 Rank - Detroit (7-9)
    #10 Rank - Chicago (5-11)

Assuming Philadelphia and Detroit win their divisions, the playoffs will look like this:

#1 Seed - Arizona (9-7) (NFC West Champ)
    #2 Seed - Philadelphia (8-8) (NFC East Champ)
    #3 Seed - Detroit (8-8 or better) NFC North Champ)
    #4 Seed - NFC South Champ (with whatever terrible record they will have)
    #5 Seed - Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle or San Francisco (all 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreakers over New York Giants)
    #6 Seed - Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle or San Francisco (all 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreakers over New York Giants)
    #7 Rank - Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle or San Francisco (all 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreakers over New York Giants)
    #8 Rank - Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle or San Francisco (all 8-8) (hold head to head tiebreakers over New York Giants)
    #9 Rank - New York Giants (8-8)
    #10 Rank - Chicago (5-11)

Maybe that will help clear things up for your dense skull.

As I said before, the Giants will officially be eliminated this weekend. Hell, they'll probably be officially, mathematically eliminated by the end of Thursday night.

You know, it's amazing. That NFL Playoff Machine that Ram so densely denounces because it breaks his little fantasy, this guy was able to do all sorts of things with it.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...cardinals-jets

He got the Jets in the playoffs, the JAGUARS (at 7-9), 2-8 Tampa Bay as a #2 SEED! He even got Washington in as a #2 seed, he got Buffalo the #1 seed in the AFC, along with the Browns as #1. He got Arizona completely missing the playoffs. He got a set up where Denver, New England, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis all MISS the playoffs.

And yet, not a SINGLE one of those show the New York Giants making the playoffs, nor any feasible, possible way for the Giants to make the playoffs.

But of course, we're all uneducated. Somehow the New York Giants are going to turn the entire NFL playoff system and tiebreaker system on its entire head and somehow slide into the playoffs, because the enlightened Ram says so, even those he has thus far refused to show, provide or prove a single shred of evidence as to the contrary.

The problem is, from what I've read, that ram does not understand that BOTH wildcards can come from the same division and that the reason an 8-8 team sometimes gets in over, say, a 10-6 team is because the 8-8 team won their division and ALL division winners get in regardless of record.

The Giants cannot win their division and can therefore ONLY qualify as a wildcard. In order for that to happen, they have to be one of the 2 best non-division winners in the NFC. At a best-case 8-8, that won't happen.

I #TrustTheScript

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The problem is, from what I've read, that ram does not understand that BOTH wildcards can come from the same division and that the reason an 8-8 team sometimes gets in over, say, a 10-6 team is because the 8-8 team won their division and ALL division winners get in regardless of record.

The Giants cannot win their division and can therefore ONLY qualify as a wildcard. In order for that to happen, they have to be one of the 2 best non-division winners in the NFC. At a best-case 8-8, that won't happen.

I #TrustTheScript
    We've tried explaining that to him for the past day. It doesn't fit into his mental illness fantasy world, so it doesn't exist and won't happen. The Giants are making the playoffs damnit. Ram has said it will happen. IT WILL HAPPEN!

#TrustTheScript.