View Poll Results: Do you think the NFL is rigged?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 14.29%
  • No

18 85.71%
Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The How Many Times Can Ram Be Wrong Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

At 13:08, Former Legal Chief Council and current President and Chief Operating Officer of MLB, Robert A. Dupuy, Esq. states: "We sell fantasy. We don’t sell reality. And we have grown men and women in costumes playing for millions of dollars, and more importantly enthralling tens of millions of people. And furthermore, we sell competition. Our teams and our athletes have to be bitter, bitter rivals and competitors on the field of play, but they’ve got to be partners off the field of play. And we need rules. We sell uncertainty of outcome, and so we need rules, both playing rules and frankly, we need economic rules."

DeMaurice Smith, current chief of the NFL Players' Union, then adds: "Isn’t the reality that it’s a business when owners want it to be a business and it’s a sport when they want it to be a sport and for a fan it’s—and I agree with you—it’s a fantasy."

At 26:48, the two have a similar exchange, as Smith states: "They sell fantasy; we work on the field." Dupuy quickly adds: "And if we didn’t sell fantasy, you wouldn’t work on the field."

At 35:18, the talk turns to the need of “competitive balance” and to keep people watching. This prompts Smith to ask, "So we’ve made all these exceptions to make fans happy?" Answering him is Alan Ostfield, former president and CEO of the Detroit Pistons and Tampa Bay Lightning, who replies: "It’s the foundation of our business."Lastly, at 1:02:40, the moderator brings up the issue of the leagues' personal conduct policy & commissioner powers. He specifically asks Smith why the union didn't fight against including such provisions within the players' collective bargaining agreement with the NFL. Watch how Smith dances around answering, and how another panelist, Charles Grantham (former executive director of the NBA Players' Union) answers by saying that players would rather make more money than concern themselves with personal conduct.
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 08-29-2014 at 03:33 PM.

In honor of National Ghostbusters Day, who is ready to say this to Ram?

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

As someone who has spoken to professional scouts before, it's impossible for me to believe that games are real at the high school and college level but once they go pro, they're handed a script and NO ONE knows about it.

It wouldn't surprise me though if partly it was though honestly.

ALOT of money at stake...more than at the collegiate and high school level combined of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    talk about a hardcore spin job. This guy is hemming and hawing and has no clue what he is saying.
    its called lying.

again..does he sound remotely confident in what he is saying ? he is spinning circles he cant even understand or keep up with

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    In honor of National Ghostbusters Day, who is ready to say this to Ram?

At 13:08, Former Legal Chief Council and current President and Chief Operating Officer of MLB, Robert A. Dupuy, Esq. states: "We sell fantasy. We don’t sell reality. And we have grown men and women in costumes playing for millions of dollars, and more importantly enthralling tens of millions of people. And furthermore, we sell competition. Our teams and our athletes have to be bitter, bitter rivals and competitors on the field of play, but they’ve got to be partners off the field of play. And we need rules. We sell uncertainty of outcome, and so we need rules, both playing rules and frankly, we need economic rules."

DeMaurice Smith, current chief of the NFL Players' Union, then adds: "Isn’t the reality that it’s a business when owners want it to be a business and it’s a sport when they want it to be a sport and for a fan it’s—and I agree with you—it’s a fantasy."

At 26:48, the two have a similar exchange, as Smith states: "They sell fantasy; we work on the field." Dupuy quickly adds: "And if we didn’t sell fantasy, you wouldn’t work on the field."

At 35:18, the talk turns to the need of “competitive balance” and to keep people watching. This prompts Smith to ask, "So we’ve made all these exceptions to make fans happy?" Answering him is Alan Ostfield, former president and CEO of the Detroit Pistons and Tampa Bay Lightning, who replies: "It’s the foundation of our business."

Lastly, at 1:02:40, the moderator brings up the issue of the leagues' personal conduct policy & commissioner powers. He specifically asks Smith why the union didn't fight against including such provisions within the players' collective bargaining agreement with the NFL. Watch how Smith dances around answering, and how another panelist, Charles Grantham (former executive director of the NBA Players' Union) answers by saying that players would rather make more money than concern themselves with personal conduct.
    I'm not the one believing a fantasy. You are.

kick off TD 4:55
    look at 36 give a lame one arm attempt from behind.
    53 gives a cute little fake dive even though he is well behind.
    84 falls for no reason just to get out of the way.
    54 and 56 just let him go by. Everyone is taking bad angles and slowing down.
    and the kicker gives some lame ole bull crap not even trying to slow him down or cut him off.

5:44 Thomas fumble. Tell me it doesn't look like his hand is completely relaxed when the ball is knocked out in the close up replay at 6:07. tell me it looks like the defender tried really hard to knock it out.He is hardly using any force. as a matter of fact it looks like Thomas helped the ball just drop.

Kearse TD 6:14

basically, players are just bumping into him to make it look good. 32 is right there and just caresses Kearses hips .52 just tries to pretend he's a cape on his back. Don't give me the poor tackling cliché

replay this, rewind it, slow it down, look at it. The Safety is bull too. He's so pumped he hikes it like a punt? lol load of bull

and when you look at the actual play in the 1st video, he is surrounded by 3 guys who don't even go straight at him to stop him.

The dude abides.

Is the NFL fixed?

I totally forgot that I work with someone that worked in the NFL and NFL Europe, the head coach of the school I work with, Phillip Banko. To prove I'm not making up what's coming next, check these links:

Cleveland Browns Staff:
    http://www.centry.com/browns/team_graphics/staff.html

Announcement of his hiring at ESJ (also mentions his professional resume):
    http://www.nola.com/education/index....ed_at_eas.html

So, I just came out of the locker room where he was doing work on the computer and this is the conversation:

Me: Coach Banko

Coach: Yes sir, what can I do for you?

Me: I gotta ask you a question.

Coach: What is it?

Me: A guy I know says that the NFL is staged for entertainment purposes. The league knows who's going to win before the season starts and all 32 teams are involved in an elaborate ruse to maximize profit.

<Coach begins to look puzzled>
    Do you know anything about that?

Coach: What?

<I start laughing>

Me: Yeah, he says everything about the NFL from who wins to where people get drafted to free agency signings to even injuries are all part of an elaborate soap opera produced by the NFL. How true is that?

Coach: Let me tell you something, Quantrell. If that motherfucker ever goes into an NFL training room and tells those motherfuckers that their injuries are fake, they are going to beat his ass.

Me: (laughing) So the NFL isn't fake?

Coach: Fuck no. That's those stupid conspiracy people that think the NBA lottery is fixed because things are crazy. Guess what? Sometimes crazy shit just happens, motherfucker. You just fucking deal with it.

Me: Thanks coach. That's all I needed to know.

Coach: You really came in here for that bullshit?

Me: (laughing) Yes, I really did.

We then start talking about our game from last night and what he wants done next week in terms of heat management but there you go, a former NFL employee says that it's not staged. So, until Ram can provide 1 source to contradict my coach's claim:
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-29-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I totally forgot that I work with someone that worked in the NFL and NFL Europe, the head coach of the school I work with, Phillip Banko. To prove I'm not making up what's coming next, check these links:

Cleveland Browns Staff:
    http://www.centry.com/browns/team_graphics/staff.html

Announcement of his hiring at ESJ (also mentions his professional resume):
    http://www.nola.com/education/index....ed_at_eas.html

So, I just came out of the locker room where he was doing work on the computer and this is the conversation:

Me: Coach Banko

Coach: Yes sir, what can I do for you?

Me: I gotta ask you a question.

Coach: What is it?

Me: A guy I know says that the NFL is staged for entertainment purposes. The league knows who's going to win before the season starts and all 32 teams are involved in an elaborate ruse to maximize profit.

<Coach begins to look puzzled>
    Do you know anything about that?

Coach: What?

<I start laughing>

Me: Yeah, he says everything about the NFL from who wins to where people get drafted to free agency signings to even injuries are all part of an elaborate soap opera produced by the NFL. How true is that?

Coach: Let me tell you something, Quantrell. If that motherfucker ever goes into an NFL training room and tells those motherfuckers that their injuries are fake, they are going to beat his ass.

Coach: Fuck no. That's those stupid conspiracy people that think the NBA lottery is fixed because things are crazy. Guess what? Sometimes crazy shit just happens, motherfucker. You just fucking deal with it.

Me: Thanks coach. That's all I needed to know.

Coach: You really came in here for that bullshit?

Me: (laughing) Yes, I really did.

We then start talking about our game from last night and what he wants done next week in terms of heat management but there you go, a former NFL employee says that it's not staged. So, until Ram can provide 1 source to contradict my coaches claim:
    Where's the like button?

So, until Ram can provide 1 source to contradict my coach's claim:
    Do sources count as twisting words and trying to imply what someone is saying from an interview or one bad play on the field?

LOL! Nope.

so let me get this straight...

because the only thing he said was that injuries are real it means they dont manipulate games?

use your head, its still a contact sport, people get injured. It in no way means they don't manipulate games.
    the same crap happens in wrestling-and its the same excuse wrestlers and wrestling fans used for years. LOL he didn't address the actual question one damn bit. He avoided it with a cute evasive answer.

so let me get this straight...

because the only thing he said was that injuries are real it means they dont manipulate games?

use your head, its still a contact sport, people get injured. It in no way means they don't manipulate games.
    the same crap happens in wrestling-and its the same excuse wrestlers and wrestling fans used for years. LOL he didn't address the actual question one damn bit. He avoided it with a cute evasive answer.

Now, until you find 1 current or former NFL employee that can refute this claim (and not some other wack-a-do journalist),

Now, until you find 1 current or former NFL employee that can refute this claim (and not some other wack-a-do journalist),

LOL nothing he said answered anything. He just cussed and laughed it off.
    seriously dude, try harder. You are supposed to be college educated. What he said disputes nothing I have said and I have given plenty of visual and written examples that make entirely logical sense that people refuse to acknowledge purely due to bias and fear.

LOL how in the hell does that prove anything or counter anything I said ? Again,its an evasive answer that doesn't address anything.

I'm not claiming players don't get injured. I'm claiming games are manipulated and he didn't refute that claim one damn bit dude.

LOL nothing he said answered anything. He just cussed and laughed it off.
    seriously dude, try harder. You are supposed to be college educated. What he said disputes nothing I have said and I have given plenty of visual and written examples that make entirely logical sense that people refuse to acknowledge purely due to bias and fear.

LOL how in the hell does that prove anything or counter anything I said ? Again,its an evasive answer that doesn't address anything.
    He worked in the NFL. You haven't. He's saying the NFL isn't staged. You're trying to argue semantics but it won't work. I'll take the word of an ex-NFL employee over a guy on a message board.

He worked in the NFL. You haven't worked - ever. He's saying the NFL isn't staged. You're trying to argue semantics but it won't work. I'll take the word of an ex-NFL employee over a moron on a message board.
    Fixed.

You asked him if it was staged and the first 2 words out of the coach's mouth were, "Fuck no." Ram latches onto the rest of it and tries to gloss over those two words. Don't let him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

He worked in the NFL. You haven't. He's saying the NFL isn't staged. You're trying to argue semantics but it won't work. I'll take the word of an ex-NFL employee over a guy on a message board.
    what word ? again, he disputed absolutely nothing.
    you haven't countered anything with evidence of his/your own that disputes anything I have said. All you did was ask him an easy set up question for him to easily deny. He didn't deny with any substantial facts about game manipulating, he said " ha ha ,players get injured,that guys crazy"

that doesn't dispute,prove or counter one damn thing dude.

he didn't give you any word of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Fixed.

You asked him if it was staged and the first 2 words out of the coach's mouth were, "Fuck no." Ram latches onto the rest of it and tries to gloss over those two words. Don't let him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
    LOL how the hell does saying "fuck no" dispute one thing in any way at all. That's not proof, that's a denial remark. Where did I not include it? You people think like children. I said his entire remark said,did and proved nothing.

"fuck no" = oh my God, he must be telling the truth because he said "fuck no"....yeah right what ever ?

that's your proof that he's right and I'm wrong ? LOL
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 08-29-2014 at 02:21 PM.