Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slider Suggestions

• Facebook
  • Display
    I will download these tonight and try them out.

I will say that in my experience with the game I haven't seen the need for a lot of slider adjustments like what was needed in the past. In my own cfm, i played All Madden with 15 min quarters and 13 sec clock run. Only slider changes are QB Acc turned down to 30 for both Human and CPU. Only penalty slider I change is Intentional Grounding up to 75. Only reason I do that is to get the QB to throw the ball away more often when under pressure instead of taking sacks (it doesn't actually cause more intentional grounding penalties). I get extremely realistic results with this simple setup. The only thing I don;t get is more realistic penalties. But in my experience, changing penalty sliders causes to many issues with the gameplay and the trade off isn;t worth it to just get a few more penalties in the game.

I played Oneback's slider with the game and penalty settings CLW has (except for the speed threshold and off pass interference that Oneback specified). Played as Tampa Bay at home vs Carolina.

They drove down the field and scored on the opening drive with a whole lot of running. I answered by returning the kickoff for a TD. They drove right back down the field but settled for a FG. After my offense was able to get on the field, it was all over. Defense got rested a bit and when it couldn;t make a play, their WRs dropped everything thrown to them.

Thank you for the feedback, I had a feeling CPU catching may be a problem however in the games I've played its been hit or miss, I'll make a few tweaks tonight and upload an update.

You may also want to rethink your speed threshold as well. I was returning punts and kicks back easily.

Could you please post the sliders we are using in the CFM? I'd like to set my default sliders the same so I can practice on this difficulty level.

Thank you.

From the looks of it, they are set to this:

Player Skill:
    QB Acc: 6
    Pass Blk: 50
    WR ctch: 45
    Run blk: 10
    Fumbles: 30
    Reaction TM: 60
    INT: 30
    Pass Cov: 60
    TKL: 30

CPU Skill
    WR Ctch: 45
    Run Blk: 10
    Int: 30

Special Teams:
    FG Power: 50
    FG ACC: 35
    Punt Power:45
    Punt Acc: 45
    KO Power: 62

Game Options:
    Injuries: 55
    Fatigue: 60
    Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalty:
    Offsides: 90
    False Start: 90
    Holding: 90
    Facemask: 55
    Def PI: 50
    Off PI: 50
    KR/PR Int: 50
    Clipping: 75
    Int Grounding: 50
    RTP: 50
    RTK: 50

The current set is:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-sliders.html

I wasn't particularly impressed with the results though as there is not much defense other than turnovers. There are also too many plays and too many face mask penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    The current set is:

I wasn't particularly impressed with the results though as there is not much defense other than turnovers. There are also too many plays and too many face mask penalties.

Thanks for posting these, question on that link it shows v 2.0 all madden, v 1.0 all pro, and v 1.0 all madden. I assume we are using an all madden version, but do you happen to know which one? Sorry for the dumb question, is there a way for me to look on my machine what our current sliders are set at? Then I can just write them down...sorry for the new to slider/madden user question...Thanks.

I will agree it seemed like I was able to drive the field and complete passes other times it was a straight up INT. When I was on defense I was able to tip passes but had dropped INTs. I did think there were a lot of penalties, but this is compared to the default settings, I think Tampa had 4 penalties and I had 5, it was a mixture though of offsides, false start, holding, and a few face masks for both sides. When the penalties happened in the game I thought "MAN this is a lot of penalties" but then when the game was over and I looked at the stats it didn't look all that bad, then compared to last night's real NFL game it seems like it matches up, the penalties happen at the worst of times sometimes, a long run called back for holding, etc...so I would say the penalty setting is tough but realistic.

I'm not sure on the defense part, it was one sided on my game, once the CPU got up so much they started running the ball like crazy, I assume to chew clock. I was able to force some punts in the 2nd half but they just ran, ran, ran, punt. If they would have had their 1st string in all game and passed the ball like they did in the 1st quarter, no telling how bad it could have been, we might have had a riot from the fans.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 09-12-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    From the looks of it, they are set to this:

Player Skill:
    WR ctch: 45
    Run blk: 10
    INT: 30

CPU Skill
    WR Ctch: 45
    Run Blk: 10
    Int: 30

Special Teams:
    FG Power: 50
    FG ACC: 35
    Punt Power:45
    Punt Acc: 45
    KO Power: 62

Game Options:
    Injuries: 55
    Fatigue: 60
    Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalty:
    Offsides: 90
    False Start: 90
    Holding: 90
    Facemask: 55
    Def PI: 50
    Off PI: 50
    KR/PR Int: 50
    Clipping: 75
    Int Grounding: 50
    RTP: 50
    RTK: 50
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    The current set is:

I played 2 games with them last night and I wasn't impressed either.
    - Bucs 58 Panthers 31
    - Bucs 69 Saints 44
    It was all offense. I felt like I was playing Madden 25 again, which was a terrible feeling.

I highly suggest turning tackling and interceptions back up to 50 for both user and cpu. Tackling below 50 causes guys to take worse angles to make tackles, which means more big plays. Interceptions effects coverage, not just the ability of the defense to catch. I saw broken coverage repeatedly on both sides of the ball.

With tackling turned back up, you are going to want to wrench run blocking back up to at least 35 if not higher (I think 50). Right now this combo of tacking and run blocking makes running work like M25: you can't run inside, you can only run outside. One of the best parts of this year's game is that inside and outside running are balanced.

Special Teams seems to be fine.

Penalties are probably fine too, except I would turn up Intentional Grounding (I think 75) so the QB gets rid of the ball a little faster when there is pressure. I did have 6 or more sacks in both games I played.

15 minute quarters is only ok if you lower the clock rundown. At 17 seconds, I am snapping the ball with 11 seconds left on the play clock.
    Last edited by HANDSWARD; 09-12-2014 at 09:49 AM.

The play clock must be run down more. I ran 104 plays even with chew clock on.

Also noticed every kickoff I kicked was 20 yards out of the end zone. I want them deep into the end zone but not over the flag post deep.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    15 minute quarters is only ok if you lower the clock rundown. At 17 seconds, I am snapping the ball with 11 seconds left on the play clock.
    I believe chew clock is supposed to be set at 11-15 seconds.

Yeah there are definitely too many plays with Charter's set over at OS. Clock needs to come down more for sure (which is an easy fix) but given the lack of defense i'm not sure his set is the way to go.

LOL! This version is supposed to be all about the defense and you all have figured out how the blowout the CPU already.