Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I got spanked with switches and belts.
    yep we had to go pick out the switch and if we brought back a weak one, then that meant a bigger one was next and more hits.

The bigger my cousins and I got relatives upgraded to real leather belts and more hits depending on what we did to get it.

Got even worse if you tried to block them. Oh that was the worse.

Wasn't just switches and belts. Really anything that was found at the time of the whooping. My Mom got me good when I was young with one of her combs. One of worst whoopings I've ever got lol. Back talked and she must have lit me up 20 times with that comb after I got out of the bath...so yeah I hadn't dried off yet.

That's considered assault and all kinds of other things. Hell smacking your kid on the butt is as well these days..

Wouldn't change it for the world. And my son gets his tail smacked too when he disrespects his mother or doesn't listen..in public was well. The looks we get are interesting
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 09-13-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Hate to be "that guy" but... is anyone else annoyed by all the teams that wear their road jerseys at home now? Seems like some weeks it's about 50/50. I know it is stupid and shallow but it just bugs the heck out of me. Watching the all white Chargers... grrr! Okay whiny rant over...

Uniform choices are picked before the season starts for every game so it's either marketing or strategy based on heat (light jerseys on hot days).

Dolphins stunk today. Tannehill was inaccurate as usual, special teams HORRID (kick return Spiller TD, blocked punt, fumbled punt) and it was bad. Team is banged up too. I really don't believe Tannehill is the answer. He's not bad but he's a significant notch below Andy Dalton. Mediocre just isn't.t good enough if you want to win 10+ games.

It's heat related. They like to wear white in the hot weather. For as long as I can remember, teams have been making Pittsburgh wear black on the road early in the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

I remember teams choosing specific colour combos for Vinnie Testaverde because he was colour blind lol.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    It's heat related. They like to wear white in the hot weather. For as long as I can remember, teams have been making Pittsburgh wear black on the road early in the season.

+1

Bad news: Saints lost AGAIN. And to the fucking BROWNS, no less.

Good news: Rams won with USM alum Austin Davis at QB. He was our starting QB when we went 12-2 3 seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I remember teams choosing specific colour combos for Vinnie Testaverde because he was colour blind lol.
    The Bucs wore white at home when they had him because of it. The combination of creamsicle colored jerseys, bright sun and opponents wearing white was not good for him. So when they discovered it, they started wearing white.

man kaep played like crap in the of game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    man kaep played like crap in the of game tonight.
    Not at all. All 3 amazing picks were all scripted. Somehow, the athleticism displayed to make those interceptions were scripted. Look at the film.

Not at all. All 3 amazing picks were all scripted. Somehow, the athleticism displayed to make those interceptions were scripted. Look at the film.

Da Bears definitely gutted that one out considering having their two best wideouts not at 100% and then losing five guys on defense.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Da Bears definitely gutted that one out considering having their two best wideouts not at 100% and then losing five guys on defense.
    That pick by #47 was phenomenal!

That pick by #47 was phenomenal!
    Unfortunately Conte was one of the ones who was injured.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Hate to be "that guy" but... is anyone else annoyed by all the teams that wear their road jerseys at home now?
    Blame the Cowboys.

I do understand it for home teams in outdoor stadiums in hot locales though. Perfectly fine with it in that case.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Is it weird that the most impressive thing I saw all day (admittedly I watched very little yesterday) was when Andrew Hawkins caught that wide open pass behind the Saints defense (good grief did Hoyer underthrow that), and then he was tackled, he immediately sprung to his feet and called timeout.

I'm getting ridiculously tired of all of these times where the only person that is either allowed or intelligent enough to call timeout is the head coach. In one of the games Saturday (I can't remember which), the team that was behind lost a few seconds because the head coach had to run onto the field to get the attention of the official. Where was the entire f-ing defense and why weren't they calling timeout?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I hate coaches calling timeouts. I wish they would revoke that rule change.

Philly #1 in 2013 for big passing plays (25+ yards) with 48. Miami with Lazor at OC is last right now and only team with 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Philly #1 in 2013 for big passing plays (25+ yards) with 48. Miami with Lazor at OC is last right now and only team with 0.
    Is that on the OC or Tannehill's arm strength? Wallace should be more acclimated to the system to be able to hit a big play or two this year you'd think.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Is that on the OC or Tannehill's arm strength? Wallace should be more acclimated to the system to be able to hit a big play or two this year you'd think.
    Mostly on Tannehill. He has good arm strength but not a cannon. He's just not very accurate, especially downfield. Not sure how much falls on Lazor. Wallace doesn't have great hands or great sideline awareness IMO. He positions his body to make the catch easier and that sometimes takes him out of bounds. Perfect example is him beating Revis deep on a double move and catching the ball slightly out of bounds in endzone. If Tannehill is more accurate it's an easy TD. If Wallace tries to tip toe and make a tough hands catch it's a TD.

But I have witnessed Wallace get open deep by 2+ yards and constantly see underthrown balls or inaccurate ones. I'm tired of seeing so many open big plays missed. You pay a guy like Wallace big money for those plays and the QB can't deliver. The Buffalo game was too dink and dunk but the OL was bad.