Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Sweet, Technical Difficulties for Draft Bingo (on NFL Network). I about have that entire damn card filled.

#TheScriptIsDead

I don't get the Browns drafting a center when they have Mack. Lions go G instead of DT which is still a need both in short and long term.

Dolphins could use a G and LB in round 2. Could also go DB and RB as well. Without a third rounder they might do some wheeling and dealing to get more picks.

2014 NFL Season Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I don't get the Browns drafting a center when they have Mack.
    Because Mack plays LB

They were talking last night on NFL Network, Mack has an opt-out clause in his contract and some of the Browns players, notably LT Joe Thomas, have said this might be his last year, he'll opt-out and try to go elsewhere to escape the Browns dysfunction. If that happens, they now have someone to fill the hole.

#TheScriptIsDead

That makes sense.

That makes sense.
    Yeah, it does. Cleveland is synonymous with dysfunction.

Mack was going to leave last year I thought or could have if I'm not mistaken. So it was wise to take the guy they did.

They had a solid pick in Bitoni(sp) last season

Dolphins take Jordan Phillips. Making getting stronger inside a big priority. Well let's hope that includes guard since they have a big hole at one spot. A big RB would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I was laughing at that. I'm destroying it on Draft Bingo tonight!

#TheScriptIsDead
    I don't really know what FanCred is, but I keep hearing more and more about it...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    So...Cleveland drafted a guy in a dress.

I'm not surprised.
    Lol, if Pittsburgh had drafted him, you'd be talking about how cool it was that he honored his ancestry.

I don't get the Browns drafting a center when they have Mack. Lions go G instead of DT which is still a need both in short and long term.
    In addition to what others said earlier, also Erving played both left tackle at center for Florida State, was (I've been told) an all-conference pick at both spots. So if Mack sticks around then you have a guy that has the versatility to play anywhere on the line. If not then you can replace Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Lol, if Pittsburgh had drafted him, you'd be talking about how cool it was that he honored his ancestry.
    Pittsburgh didn't draft the guy in the dress though. Cleveland did.

In addition to what others said earlier, also Erving played both left tackle at center for Florida State, was (I've been told) an all-conference pick at both spots. So if Mack sticks around then you have a guy that has the versatility to play anywhere on the line. If not then you can replace Mack.
    From what I have read he's a great center but not a good tackle. I think anytime you draft a player and that pushes a good player off your roster soon it's not a win-win scenario.

Dolphins now have 4 fifth round picks. I was surprised at picking Jordan Phillips but he's a big man and our DTs were garbage against the run last year. The last 6 games were embarrassing. Earl Mitchell at DT is one of our worst starters so I can see it despite the depth and a couple young guys we have. Currently Dallas Thomas is the worst starter on the team at G. I would like to see more competition there.

I don't really know what FanCred is, but I keep hearing more and more about it...
    Yeah, I'm actually not too sure too either. . All I know is I somehow ended up getting occasional emails from them. The NFL Draft bingo was a nice touch in the most recent email. They nailed it for potential options on the board.

#TheScriptIsDead

From what I have read he's a great center but not a good tackle. I think anytime you draft a player and that pushes a good player off your roster soon it's not a win-win scenario.
    Mack wanted to leave a few years ago though himself. Thought he was franchised or something. So that is why the guy was likely drafted. They probably aren't sure what Mack is going to do when he has the chance to leave again

Mack was transitioned and got a pretty decent contract. This protects Browns but Cleveland is Last Chance U in the NFL right now. Nobody wants to be there.

La'el Collins said he won't sign with any team this year now and will reenter the draft next year. The mother and baby are both dead. Nobody knows exactly his involvement.

I guess Collins might only have the option of getting redrafted if he's actually selected. If he goes undrafted it is a grey area but the NFL plans on treating him like an UDFA and he can't enter the 2016 draft.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/02/lael-c...015-nfl-draft/

According to his lawyer, they have proof and witnesses that place him in an entire different city from well before all the way through to after the girl was killed. Between that and police not even considering him a suspect right now, just wanting to ask some questions, if it turns out he had absolutely nothing to do with that, that's a shitty situation all around. A likely first round pick only to have his career derailed and multi millions instantly lost over something he had no involvement in (if it's proven without a doubt he wasn't involved).

#TheScriptIsDead

Lot's of praise on NFL NETWORK for the Fins. Outside of their round 1 pick I don't really follow any of those players. You like what you see Rudy?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Lot's of praise on NFL NETWORK for the Fins. Outside of their round 1 pick I don't really follow any of those players. You like what you see Rudy?
    I am happy. I was surprised by the NT in round 2 but we needed more beef in the middle. The 4th round guard was more of a need pick and there was a run on guards at that time. But their 5th rounders were nice. Really like getting Ajayi as a power RB. Drafted a small nickel CB who seems good in that role, a FS with good athletic ability but poor instincts, and the MSU WR who they are converting to CB. The G and Ajayi will push to start.

I would have liked to see a LB but they aren't used as much and Miami blames their D problems on the DTs from last year. Since they didn't take a CB high they are banking on former second rounder Jamar Taylor to stay healthy and be a good starter.