Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Wallace is a cancer. I don't doubt it.

I #TrustTheScript

It's a shame the Steelers didn't have Bell tonight. All things considered though, I have reason to be optimistic for 2015. I haven't had that optimism the last couple of years.

I #TrustTheScript

I have said it for the last two years and I say it again today... how long will the Bengals go before they make a coaching change? Marv Lewis is a very personable guy and seems like an all around good person. However, under his watch the Bengals never win the big games and never deliver at key moments. The players have the talent but they always fall short. Detroit finally saw the light... when will Cincy???

Yep, Cincy is pretty much guaranteed one and done every year they make the playoffs. Marv Lewis seems like a great guy, but winning 9-12 games a year is his peak. He just doesn't have what it takes to go the distance in the playoffs.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep, Cincy is pretty much guaranteed one and done every year they make the playoffs. Marv Lewis seems like a great guy, but winning 9-12 games a year is his peak. He just doesn't have what it takes to go the distance in the playoffs.

Welcome to having a QB that just manages the game instead of being able to dictate to the defense through offensive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Welcome to having a QB that just manages the game instead of being able to dictate to the defense through offensive ability.
    That too! Andy Dalton has certainly not stepped up as a franchise QB when it comes to the playoffs. Cincy needs to find a coach who can get it done, and find a better franchise QB because Dalton is clearly not it. He does fine in the regular season, but come playoffs he sucks. Time to cut bait and find someone else.

It didn't help that they were missing AJ Green. I think Marvin Lewis is a good coach working for a cheap and frugal organization. He is limited by Dalton and their resources. The Bengals were a laughingstock until Lewis fixed things so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Thats his role, he can't help it. You really think that the NFL would write the script so a ginger would be a superstar QB? Comeon man! Nobody likes gingers!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    It's a shame the Steelers didn't have Bell tonight. All things considered though, I have reason to be optimistic for 2015. I haven't had that optimism the last couple of years.

I #TrustTheScript
    Yeah not having one of the best if not best all around RB in NFL played a factor

Team did better than I expected even removing fan bias

Couldn't have expected to do much better with a patchwork Secondary of guys no one else wanted except Mitchell...and having to rely on a 36-yr old as one of the main sources of pass rush.

Still future looks bright on Offense. Bryant will get another off season in seeing what should be #1 team snaps which can only improve on what was a pretty solid rookie season considering he didn't get to play but what half a season.

And I must say despite the Ravens pressuring Ben, the Oline stayed relatively healthy all season and played really well.

Anxious to see what happens in Draft and off season

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah not having one of the best if not best all around RB in NFL played a factor

Team did better than I expected even removing fan bias

Couldn't have expected to do much better with a patchwork Secondary of guys no one else wanted except Mitchell...and having to rely on a 36-yr old as one of the main sources of pass rush.

Still future looks bright on Offense. Bryant will get another off season in seeing what should be #1 team snaps which can only improve on what was a pretty solid rookie season considering he didn't get to play but what half a season.

And I must say despite the Ravens pressuring Ben, the Oline stayed relatively healthy all season and played really well.

Anxious to see what happens in Draft and off season
    I hope they take about 5 corners in the draft and then see which ones stick, lol.

I #TrustTheScript

Haha you know I was thinking the same

Took Shaq Richardson but he got hurt and believe ended getting taken off practice squad by someone.

Speaking of which hopefully Howard Jones from Shepherd sticks around and can be worked with. He showed some potential during preseason as a young project

I'm 99% sure the Steelers released Richardson from their Practice Squad and he wasn't picked up by anyone.

Speaking of Jones, I'd like to see more Branchflower next preseason.

I #TrustTheScript

Correct read Steelers reached an injury settlement with him

I must have been thinking of Wesley Johnson who was picked up from the practice squad by the New York Jets...which I also believe happened a week or so before Pittsburgh played the Jets.

Either I say Draft all Corners and Safeties lol

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That too! Andy Dalton has certainly not stepped up as a franchise QB when it comes to the playoffs. Cincy needs to find a coach who can get it done, and find a better franchise QB because Dalton is clearly not it. He does fine in the regular season, but come playoffs he sucks. Time to cut bait and find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It didn't help that they were missing AJ Green. I think Marvin Lewis is a good coach working for a cheap and frugal organization. He is limited by Dalton and their resources. The Bengals were a laughingstock until Lewis fixed things so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
    As much as I want to judge Dalton for his playoff record, Rudy makes the point (that Grantland drove him as well) that when Rex Burkhead is one of your top receiving threats on the field ... honestly, would it have made a difference if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning had been out there instead? Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Thats his role, he can't help it. You really think that the NFL would write the script so a ginger would be a superstar QB? Comeon man! Nobody likes gingers!!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    As much as I want to judge Dalton for his playoff record, Rudy makes the point (that Grantland drove him as well) that when Rex Burkhead is one of your top receiving threats on the field ... honestly, would it have made a difference if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning had been out there instead? Probably not.

Not sure if the Tom Brady comparison holds up as he's had a number of years with nobody receivers and still won. I know a lot of those years they had good defenses but Brady put up numbers and didn't give the game away.

It could be too that Dalton just isn't going to be much better than he currently is...average

Hell the Chiefs went all season without a WR catching a TD pass. Now sure the Chiefs don't have Elite WR's you could say but 0 TD catches!

That also happen to employ a QB who (I may not have the right stat or number, average less than 9 yards average distance his passes traveled through the air). I know it was something very low and the lowest in the league.

Now maybe a case can be made for Alex the Game Manager but Dalton has more weapons than he does.

So I was curious and looked at the 2004 Pats SB team. Top WRs on the year.

David Givens 56 catches
    David Patten 44 catches
    Deion Branch 35 catches

and Brady threw for 3600 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    It could be too that Dalton just isn't going to be much better than he currently is...average

Hell the Chiefs went all season without a WR catching a TD pass. Now sure the Chiefs don't have Elite WR's you could say but 0 TD catches!

That also happen to employ a QB who (I may not have the right stat or number, average less than 9 yards average distance his passes traveled through the air). I know it was something very low and the lowest in the league.

Now maybe a case can be made for Alex the Game Manager but Dalton has more weapons than he does.
    and to me that's a coaching issue. You can win with a game manager at QB, especially with the running game that they have and a decent defense.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    and to me that's a coaching issue. You can win with a game manager at QB, especially with the running game that they have and a decent defense.
    Oh I definitely agree

And maybe Smith is just a better QB than Dalton

I don't think Marvin Lewis is a bad coach, but unsure if the Hue Jackson pairing is a good one...granted the Jay Gruden one wasn't the best either.

The Bengals have been picked as the most talented team in the division, hell maybe even the Conference for 2-3 years yet still don't achieve

I can't believe that I never saw this until today!

http://youtu.be/kxv4hOpbFEQ

I #TrustTheScript