Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online games vs. Friends

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quick Play. I'm going test versus a friend later tonight.

It would seem EA has done something behind the scenes, at least to the OD servers. In our TGT PS3 OD, we had an issue throwing out a league game and now it worked. That fix was something they had to do server side, but I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest.

So what you're saying is that they may have fixed it in the past couple of days? That would be fantastic....keep us updated. I am also going to try somethings tonight. I'm first going to try to play Call of Duty, then going to try a quick match and then hopefully I have a friend on that I can test it with.

Do you think that I should try changing mine to the Automatic configuration instead of doing all of the DMZ, static IP stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by omahavan View Post
    So what you're saying is that they may have fixed it in the past couple of days? That would be fantastic....keep us updated. I am also going to try somethings tonight. I'm first going to try to play Call of Duty, then going to try a quick match and then hopefully I have a friend on that I can test it with.

Do you think that I should try changing mine to the Automatic configuration instead of doing all of the DMZ, static IP stuff?
    I would write down your settings, but definitely give auto-config a try. It didn't improve my NAT, but this was the first time I connected with a user online since launch week! Just make sure to restart everything after making that change.

The issue with throwing out user games was def. via a fix (our OD supplied them with the info to help fix it), but I don't know what else was included with it, if anything. As far as I know, the servers never went down.

Alright, I will.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by "throwing out a league game"...care to enlighten me?

As far as everything else, thank you so much for your help and everything you do, if I haven't said it before. Very much appreciated.

We had an OD game we wanted replayed and the commish can 'throw it out' so the user can replay it or it can be simmed at the week advance. Anytime we tried, an error popped up saying that the OD server was down. It's slowed down our OD, but now that it's working we're ready to get back to business.

hm...interesting...I didn't know that was an option.

Well keep us informed as to what you deduce tonight trying to play against another user.

Can do and make sure you post if you are able to play against a friend as well.

Just got on Call of Duty before I changed it to Automatic and it worked perfectly with my Manual settings, no lag, no problems connecting, nothing. After that, I changed my settings to Auto, got on and went to quick play. Right when I got in there the person left the game. After that my friend was finally all logged on and I tried against him. Sent an invite, nothing, same as I have described before. Then I went to a few quick matches to try that again and each one of those showed Nebraska v. Nebraska on Air Forces field. The other user never got ready (basically the exact same as it is when I accept an invite).

Looks like the problem still exists, for me anyways....

Tried to connect to JB, no luck. The game this afternoon must have been a fluke.

I'll be making a new thread in the Online Area in regards to connection issues.