Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Arts Announces "EA Access" for XBOX One

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I still say Sony errored big time on this one.
    On both accounts - how they're pricing PS Now and the fact they denied EA the chance to launch their platform on Sony's system. The EA service is MUCH more appealing to me than PS Now ever was. I'm just waiting to see what kind of early access I'm going to get for Madden games before jumping in. 3 or more days and I'll definitely be subscribing.

On EA vault games I'm assuming they have to remove older player names since they wouldn't own those rights correct? Sports licenses are annual licenses that I assumed you could no longer sell after the year. If not, why couldn't 2K release a 2k5 game in a vault?

They likely will Rudy, I believe more companies will be doing the same

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    On EA vault games I'm assuming they have to remove older player names since they wouldn't own those rights correct? Sports licenses are annual licenses that I assumed you could no longer sell after the year. If not, why couldn't 2K release a 2k5 game in a vault?
    I'd say it's more like since EA has signed a multi-year deal with the NFL, they can sell games with old players as long as the license is maintained by EA. I doubt 2k would be able to because they no longer own the license.

If it was just on a year to year basis, you probably wouldn't be seeing legend players like Walter Payton, Steve Young, etc... in the Ultimate Team modes.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I'd say it's more like since EA has signed a multi-year deal with the NFL, they can sell games with old players as long as the license is maintained by EA. I doubt 2k would be able to because they no longer own the license.

If it was just on a year to year basis, you probably wouldn't be seeing legend players like Walter Payton, Steve Young, etc... in the Ultimate Team modes.
    I might be wrong on this but I believe EA had to pay all the legends separately to get them into MUT. If they didn't time to go find some washed up/broke legend that wants to sue.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I might be wrong on this but I believe EA had to pay all the legends separately to get them into MUT. If they didn't time to go find some washed up/broke legend that wants to sue.
    That's correct. The NFLPA only consists of CURRENT players.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Apparently EA Access is live today for Xbox 1. There is still no word however on how long you will be able to play Madden 15 for. Smooth, JB, et al. ... you guys have 1's. Are you going to try out Access?
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-11-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Apparently EA Access is live today for Xbox 1. There is still no word however on how long you will be able to play Madden 15 for. Smoth, JB, et al. ... you guys have 1's. Are you going to try out Access?
    I was in the beta, but with lots of stuff going on last week, I haven't gotten to try it out. I think I'll do it just to replay some games on the XB1 and whore acheivements since most of the games I'll be getting on the PS4. It's kind of a cheap way to have access to the past library there.
    The dude abides.

Apparently EA Access is live today for Xbox 1. There is still no word however on how long you will be able to play Madden 15 for. Smoth, JB, et al. ... you guys have 1's. Are you going to try out Access?
    Waiting on the Madden early access details. If I get full access to the full version of Madden 15 starting at least the Saturday before launch, I'll cough up the $30 in a heartbeat.

Waiting on the Madden early access details. If I get full access to the full version of Madden 15 starting at least the Saturday before launch, I'll cough up the $30 in a heartbeat.
    Yes the key will be time. I suspect they will do the Season Ticket idea (3 days of play). I doubt it will be limited to 2-5 hours as some have speculated. I am also really, really hoping that within the next week Sony changes it's mind. However, that is just wishful thinking as I don't see it happening...

Yes the key will be time. I suspect they will do the Season Ticket idea (3 days of play). I doubt it will be limited to 2-5 hours as some have speculated. I am also really, really hoping that within the next week Sony changes it's mind. However, that is just wishful thinking as I don't see it happening...
    What I would worry about is after the initial rush of subscribers. I suspect EA will give a decent amount of time for Madden since its the first early trial. After that all bets are off as the Terms of Your Subscription specifically say you are only guaranteed a few hours of early access.

What I would worry about is after the initial rush of subscribers. I suspect EA will give a decent amount of time for Madden since its the first early trial. After that all bets are off as the Terms of Your Subscription specifically say you are only guaranteed a few hours of early access.
    That's a valid concern. It would be nice to know for sports titles the actual plan. At least with season ticket you were given a firm number (and then usually got an extra 5-6 hours free).

I believe it's so vague because it's not just EA Sports - it's all of EA. If you get 3+ days access to single player games, people would just beat them by then and there would be no need for them to buy it. I can almost guarantee the really severe limitations (hours of play) will be mainly on games with single player story modes.

And to think some people thought the Season Ticket program was stupid

That was a great dead with what $5 a title you got to play early (Fifa, NHL, Madden, NCAA and Tiger)

Even if this is the similar that's a great deal. Even if it is capped for X amount of hours

I believe it's so vague because it's not just EA Sports - it's all of EA. If you get 3+ days access to single player games, people would just beat them by then and there would be no need for them to buy it. I can almost guarantee the really severe limitations (hours of play) will be mainly on games with single player story modes.
    This is what I've assumed. I let the xb1 guys figure it out since it isn't on ps4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

LMFAO. If that's the best EA is going to offer for a game Access does not have much value at all. It's like you are paying EA for a demo. With Season Ticket you got a whole weekend where you could play it non-stop. Now 6 hours?

Any XB1 user here that paid for EA Early Access wanna sign up for legal representation? Call me and we will sue EA class-action style. I'd prefer residents from the following states: California; Massachusetts; New York; Illinois; Washington; or Oregon

With Season Ticket you got a whole weekend where you could play it non-stop.
    Remember when people thought that was a rip off and stupid as well?

Any XB1 user here that paid for EA Early Access wanna sign up for legal representation? Call me and we will sue EA class-action style. I'd prefer residents from the following states: California; Massachusetts; New York; Illinois; Washington; or Oregon
    To be fair (somewhat), they are staying within their terms. They said a minimum of two hours and up to 5 days. 6 hours falls in that range. And while it is partially about the early access to games, you're also paying for the unlimited play of games in the EA Vault or whatever it's called, not JUST early access to select games as was the case with Season Ticket. So EA Access can and does still have some value.

That said, I'm probably not going to purchase it until they add better games to the Vault. Only game of interest right now for me in the Vault would be Battlefield 4.