Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Arts Announces "EA Access" for XBOX One

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Well as one example, for season ticket with NCAA 14 I was up to about 19 hours of gameplay in those three days. By the end I had a good sense of the game. I don't think 2-5 hours would be enough to make a sound judgment either way. Maybe though that is what EA wants? Give you a taste but not enough to turn you off???
    But it's a minimum. You have 120 hours of access if you played every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I didn't get that sense from the OS forums. The way it is portrayed is that you don't get 5 days to play. You will only get a certain number of hours (eg 5 hours). Once you hit that max you can no longer play. So if you play all of the available hours on day one you cannot play again until retail.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Maybe. The thing says a minimum of two hours, UP to 5 days. So it sounds like it could depend and change from game to game. One game you might get 5 days, another game you might only get a couple hours. If it was guaranteed a full 5 days for every game, then there would be no reason to include that "a minimum of two hours" covering their ass bull.

What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.
    There will be no set amount... every game may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Maybe. The thing says a minimum of two hours, UP to 5 days. So it sounds like it could depend and change from game to game. One game you might get 5 days, another game you might only get a couple hours. If it was guaranteed a full 5 days for every game, then there would be no reason to include that "a minimum of two hours" covering their ass bull.
    That's how I read it... they're saying in regard to the minimum is that each game included will have a MINIMUM of 2 hours time to play. I imagine that 2 hours though will be more for linear/storyline games like Battlefield or the like. Since there's no end-game in sports games, I imagine the minimum will be much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    That's how I read it... they're saying in regard to the minimum is that each game included will have a MINIMUM of 2 hours time to play. I imagine that 2 hours though will be more for linear/storyline games like Battlefield or the like. Since there's no end-game in sports games, I imagine the minimum will be much longer.
    This.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Makes sense. Can't have the story in a game beaten before the finished product is on store shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I didn't get that sense from the OS forums. The way it is portrayed is that you don't get 5 days to play. You will only get a certain number of hours (eg 5 hours). Once you hit that max you can no longer play. So if you play all of the available hours on day one you cannot play again until retail.
    If a user could sign up for the month just prior to the release of Madden 15, for example, for just $4.99, there is no way they are going to be allowed to play for more than a handful of hours. I would be surprised if the limit is ever higher than five for a title, but that is just my opinion.

If I were to get it, it won't be for a long while until they've added a bunch more games. I've already got Madden 25 (with its shitty gameplay), I've already got FIFA 14, I'm pretty sure I've already got Peggle 2. So I'd only get Battlefield 4 out of it. May as well just buy Battlefield 4 in that case.
    Same here. Already played three of the games in the vault.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just like everything is not Democrat v. Republican, not everything is MS v. Sony
    That's O.K. b/c EA hates both of my choices (conservative and Sony) on that matter equally.

I will give EA this much. They're giving it half off for a year. $4.99 a month or $29.99 for an entire year subscription. I'm honestly shocked EA is willing to let a yearly subscription go for 50% off.

I will give EA this much. They're giving it half off for a year. $4.99 a month or $29.99 for an entire year subscription. I'm honestly shocked EA is willing to let a yearly subscription go for 50% off.
    What's EA's yearly release schedule for its other titles? The Sports titles are all Aug - Oct (if memory serves) so if you are only a sports gamer $15/hr by 3 monthly payments is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    What's EA's yearly release schedule for its other titles? The Sports titles are all Aug - Oct (if memory serves) so if you are only a sports gamer $15/hr by 3 monthly payments is the best way to go.
    I have no idea. But I'm also looking at their "Vault" with last year's sports games and Battlefield 4. As they expand that, if the yearly price remains $29.99 for the entire year (as opposed to $4.99 for a single month), 50% off for a year of gaming with games in the Vault, not too shabby. Still probably wouldn't get it right now just because Battlefield 4 is the only game on the list of current Vault titles that I don't have. May as well just go out and buy a used copy of it and not have to deal with the Vault or Access.

But if they add more games (especially games I DON'T own), then I'll be more game for getting Access, especially at 50% off the monthly rate.

GameStop Shares Tumble After EA Access Announcement

Retailer's shares down more than 5 percent, but analysts say it's too early to know if the service will have any kind of real impact on GameStop's business.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gam.../1100-6421382/

I just don't see this having an impact on the industry. The ONLY way it does is if EA decides to go exclusively digital and you have to pay a subscription fee but get access to any/all of EA's games (or some sort of tiered pricing for access to X EA games for $Y)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Pretty good discussion.

I got a message from Xbox Live tonight about this, since I'm part of the early preview program for Xbox One updates, they're including a closed "beta" of this for those in the early preview program. I'll have to jump on my One and download it tonight.

I got a message from Xbox Live tonight about this, since I'm part of the early preview program for Xbox One updates, they're including a closed "beta" of this for those in the early preview program. I'll have to jump on my One and download it tonight.
    I got it too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

IGN: Sony reveals it passed on EA Access for PS4 as it's not "good value"

Speaking to Game Informer, a Sony spokesperson revealed the subscription service wasn't a good fit for its new console considering the continuing popularity of PS Plus.

"We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect," a statement reads. "PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200 per cent since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price.

"We don't think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer."

Well PS memberships are up because it'd mandatory to have them to play multiplayer lol