Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    the only conference that dosn't is the big ten
    What? A Big Ten team is responsible for one of the great upsets ever by an FCS school.

Now for the Big Ten Teams who played an FCS school this year.

Michigan St - Jacksonville St
    Maryland - James Madison
    Rutgers - Howard
    Indiana - Indiana St
    Wisconsin - Western Illinois
    Minnesota - Eastern Illinois
    Nebraska - McNeese St
    Iowa - Northern Iowa
    Northwestern - Western Illinois
    Illinois - Youngstown St
    Purdue - Southern Illinois

Not to mention that every Big Ten team schedules a MAC opponent. Generally a top FCS school is as competitive as a MAC team. You have a solid MAC team every so often but the majority are just a step above what you would see in the FCS playoffs. If North Dakota St was in the MAC it would probably dominate it.

So when it comes to cupcakes, the Big Ten has as much frosting, if not more than any other conference.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-24-2014 at 08:14 AM.

The Big Ten has agreed to phase out FCS games, though obviously they didn't this year. dhook's facts aren't right.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The Big Ten has agreed to phase out FCS games, though obviously they didn't this year. dhook's facts aren't right.
    I thought it was a bad idea when they announced it last year. It hurts the FCS schools by not getting a big payday and it also was a showcase for star FCS players to play against FBS competition. Northern Iowa always gave Iowa and Iowa St a run for their money. Still a bunch of teams with FCS opponents on Big Ten schedules for 2015 and 2016. Personally, I hope they reconsider. Nothing better than an FCS upset, unless it happens to be your team they upset.

In fairness to Dhook, he get's his logic from his idol Kanye.

Last edited by bdoughty; 11-25-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I thought it was a bad idea when they announced it last year. It hurts the FCS schools by not getting a big payday and it also was a showcase for star FCS players to play against FBS competition. Northern Iowa always gave Iowa and Iowa St a run for their money. Still a bunch of teams with FCS opponents on Big Ten schedules for 2015 and 2016. Personally, I hope they reconsider. Nothing better than an FCS upset, unless it happens to be your team they upset.
    Yeah, there's been a lot of discussion that they may have to reconsider because the FCS teams were at least a guaranteed home date, and schools are fretting that their cash cows won't make enough cash without every home date they can get. The model's going to have to change, because the way it's going now the Power 5 schools are only going to be playing FCS schools for home dates at some point, because BCS schools are too much of a threat to win (not that FCS schools don't do that plenty too).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I feel like MSU will be our new rivarly up north. There hasn't been a classic OSU/Mich game all decade. If MSU can sustain success. My guess is, as long as they have Dantonio, they will.

If Michigan doesnt hit a homerun with their coach (Harbaugh or Les) they are fucked.

2014-2015 College Football Discussion Thread

I feel like MSU will be our new rivarly up north. There hasn't been a classic OSU/Mich game all decade. If MSU can sustain success. My guess is, as long as they have Dantonio, they will.

If Michigan doesnt hit a homerun with their coach (Harbaugh or Les) they are fucked.
    *whispers* As someone who lives in Baton Rouge, I can tell you, Les is NOT an upgrade. Les is the beneficiary of LSU basically OWNING Louisiana's recruits (at least the ones Alabama doesn't steal), and being in proximity of other recruiting hotbeds. He would SUCK at Michigan. Hard.

Bama doesn't scare me, bring em on man.

I wanna see Saban/Meyer badly

I wanna put the nail in the 'Bama reigns supreme' coffin

Even if we got blown out, whatever, this team has already vastly surpassed my expectations. Making the playoffs wasn't even in my dreams after the VT game.

To be honest though, I don't give a fuck who we play. Nobody is elite this year, we could beat anybody.

Les turned down Michigan last time. I would be stunned if he changed his mind. MICHIGAN doesn't have to hit a Hr, just get a double. Baby steps after a disappointing decade sine Carr retired.

You are no Buckeye fan, just a young boy with a Buckeye avatar. The last three games were all decided by less than a touchdown. Michigan won one of those. Teams go through losing periods but that does not make a rivalry any less special. To actually say that Michigan St will be your new rival is as close to blasphemy as you can get in the state of Ohio. Did Michigan stop playing the Buckeyes when they won or tied the first 15 games in the series? Did Michigan fans stop considering OSU a rival during the John Cooper Era? Nope.

P.S. Michigan still leads the series by 13 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Les turned down Michigan last time. I would be stunned if he changed his mind. MICHIGAN doesn't have to hit a Hr, just get a double. Baby steps after a disappointing decade sine Carr retired.
    Not to mention that double could followed by hitting the cycle. Bob Stoops had no head coaching experience when he came to OU. I think he turned out pretty well.

You are no Buckeye fan, just a young boy with a Buckeye avatar. The last three games were all decided by less than a touchdown. Michigan won one of those. Teams go through losing periods but that does not make a rivalry any less special. To actually say that Michigan St will be your new rival is as close to blasphemy as you can get in the state of Ohio. Did Michigan stop playing the Buckeyes when they won or tied the first 15 games in the series? Did Michigan fans stop considering OSU a rival during the John Cooper Era? Nope.

P.S. Michigan still leads the series by 13 games.

I've been a buckeye fan since I was 5. Born and raised. And also comprehension is fun. I specifically said classic games. There hasn't been a classic tOSU/Mich game since 2006 (top 5 CFB game OAT btw).
    Last edited by dhook27; 11-25-2014 at 07:42 PM.

I had a massive wall o' text written in response to this latest post of stupidity by dhook, but my computer fucked up and my browser crashed, losing it all. Give me a few minutes to try and recreate it.

Wow, you have been following a team for a whopping 8 or 9 years. I have been following the series for over 30 years. My location means absolutely nothing. I am a college football fan and try to actually know what I am talking about. You are just a child spouting nonsense. A "classic" can and will be perceived differently and is a matter of opinion. Common Sense is also fun, you should try it.

Wow, you have been following a team for a whopping 8 or 9 years. I have been following the series for over 30 years. My location means absolutely nothing. I am a college football fan and try to actually know what I am talking about. You are just a child spouting nonsense. A "classic" can and will be perceived differently and is a matter of opinion. Common Sense is also fun, you should try it.
    totally did not get my point

totally did not get my point
    One would have to actually, "Make a point" for the other person to, "Get the point!"

I've been a buckeye fan since I was 5. Born and raised. And also comprehension is fun. I specifically said classic games. There hasn't been a classic tOSU/Mich game since 2006 (top 5 CFB game OAT btw).
    Alright, lets try this again.

First, what does him being from Texas matter? Does being from Texas now automatically disqualify any opinion that person may have?

Second, congrats, you've been a Buckeye fan for 8 years. You don't know jackshit. Learn college football history numbnuts.

Third, the 2006 OSU/Michigan game was amongst the top 5 college football games of ALL TIME?

Kid, you have a LOT to learn of college football history if you seriously thing that game was amongst the top 5 game of ALL of college football history EVER played.

Fourth, you clearly have no fucking clue what a "classic game" is. The last THREE Ohio State-Michigan games have been classics.

Last year, a 12-0 #3 Ohio State vs. a 7 win Michigan. It was a back and forth game from beginning to end in which the biggest margin of score was a 14 point difference. In the end, it all came down to a single two point attempt with 32 seconds left that made the decision between one team winning by one point and one team losing by one point. If Michigan had simply kicked the PAT, that game was almost all but assured of going into overtime. If that isn't a classic game, I just don't know what the fuck is.

2012, a 12-0 #4 Ohio State vs. an 8 win #20 Michigan. Another true back and forth affair from beginning to end, with the largest margin of score being the ultimately final 5 point difference. It was 21-20 at halftime and the only points in the entire second half came on two Ohio State field goals. The entire second half was a true defensive battle. A SINGLE defensive breakdown could have completely changed the outcome of that game and the score and winner. Again, if that isn't a classic game, I just don't know what the fuck is.

2011, a 6 win Ohio State vs. a 10 win #17 Michigan. Another game that was back and forth, back and forth from beginning to end. The largest margin of score was 10 points halfway through the third quarter. The final margin of victory was 6 points, with a potential game winning Ohio State drive being stopped on fourth and 6 with 39 seconds left after an interception near midfield. Again, if that isn't a classic game, I just don't know what the fuck is.

Again kiddo, come back in a 10 years or so when you've grown some hair on your balls and actually have a fucking clue of what the fuck you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, lets try this again.

First, what does him being from Texas matter? Does being from Texas now automatically disqualify any opinion that person may have?

Second, congrats, you've been a Buckeye fan for 8 years. You don't know jackshit. Learn college football history numbnuts.

Third, the 2006 OSU/Michigan game was amongst the top 5 college football games of ALL TIME?

Kid, you have a LOT to learn of college football history if you seriously thing that game was amongst the top 5 game of ALL of college football history EVER played.

Fourth, you clearly have no fucking clue what a "classic game" is. The last THREE Ohio State-Michigan games have been classics.

Last year, a 12-0 #3 Ohio State vs. a 7 win Michigan. It was a back and forth game from beginning to end in which the biggest margin of score was a 14 point difference. In the end, it all came down to a single two point attempt with 32 seconds left that made the decision between one team winning by one point and one team losing by one point. If Michigan had simply kicked the PAT, that game was almost all but assured of going into overtime. If that isn't a classic game, I just don't know what the fuck is.

2012, a 12-0 #4 Ohio State vs. an 8 win #20 Michigan. Another true back and forth affair from beginning to end, with the largest margin of score being the ultimately final 5 point difference. It was 21-20 at halftime and the only points in the entire second half came on two Ohio State field goals. The entire second half was a true defensive battle. A SINGLE defensive breakdown could have completely changed the outcome of that game and the score and winner. Again, if that isn't a classic game, I just don't know what the fuck is.

2011, a 6 win Ohio State vs. a 10 win #17 Michigan. Another game that was back and forth, back and forth from beginning to end. The largest margin of score was 10 points halfway through the third quarter. The final margin of victory was 6 points, with a potential game winning Ohio State drive being stopped on fourth and 6 with 39 seconds left after an interception near midfield. Again, if that isn't a classic game, I just don't know what the fuck is.

Again kiddo, come back in a 10 years or so when you've grown some hair on your balls and actually have a fucking clue of what the fuck you're talking about.

Holy shit all these feels over an opinion

Can we agree that the 2012 NCG is the WOAT game?

1. USC Texas
    2. OSU Miami
    3. ND BC
    4. USC ND
    5. OSU/Mich 06

1. USC Texas
    2. OSU Miami
    3. ND BC
    4. USC ND
    5. OSU/Mich 06
    Is that you trying to list the greatest/classic college football games of "ALL TIME"? If so, wow, you just proved my point for me that you are absolutely fucking clueless when it comes to classic games and college football history. That might be THE shittiest list of greatest/classic college football games of "ALL TIME".