Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings

• Facebook
  • Display
    Dang I thought Lacy would of better a bit higher rating after his outstanding year in GB.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    If you use the 50 player limits as a guide, the average roster will range between 67-99ovr. However, the bulk of the players will be in the high 70's and 80's.There is only one player on the list below 50 (48 for Morgan Cox). Pretty much the lowest rated player on each of the rosters averages about 59. Since Madden only lets you have 53 and no practice squad all of the low rated players will be cut in pre-season.

These aren't exact but you get the general idea.
    Avg. 90+ ovr per team... FOUR
    Avg. 80+ ovr per team... FIFTEEN
    Avg 70+ ovr per team... TWENTY-FIVE

So in this scenario 44 or so players are in the 70's to 90's leaving on average 9 benchwarmers in the high 60's. They will never see the field. This is just one more example as to why Madden's ratings need to be stretched.

Some of those ratings are absolutely terrible. Just looking at the Browns WRs and Miles Austin and Nate Burleson are both 77 overall? Give me a break. The Lions loved Nate Burleson. He's a great leader but he's lost all his speed and quickness but Madden has 91 speed and 89 acc for him. Brutal. I question whether Burleson will even be in the NFL this year. They always over-rate older, washed up players.

Personally I would like to see all free agents rated below 70 when the game releases and most should be less than 60. In the past there have been a ton of guys in the upper 70s when you start franchise and many of those were old players that would never play again. If you got anyone injured on your team it wasn't a big deal to replace them. I don't have faith in Donny Moore to correct this. Personally having ONE guy do all the ratings is an impossible, thankless job. I'm not sure how to make it better but I do think expanding the ratings, making sure washed up players aren't over-rated and making a 90+ rating special again would be a good start.

I have come over to the side of wanting ovr to be removed completely. I would like to see specific ratings only. No team or player ovr would get people away from choosing highest rated ovr and get people to make roster decisions based only on skill-set ratings.

I think there should still he a generic letter rating (B, B-, B+). I really liked the scheme type ratings when they introduced the concept but they should do it more. Better yet, make weight and strength matter more so a true NT has great value.

I don't care what the ratings system is, just that the game play allows players that excel in areas/ratings allows for them to do so.

Pass rusher be able to rush the passer, etc

Haven't been able to differentiate between an Aldon Smith and a Jarvis Jones in my plethora of games last version.

In the past you could but goodness on 25 it surely wasn't.

East ratings. Miami ratings are OK although I would do it a bit different. They messed up the LB positions though. Misi is the MLB this year.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...=1407289057249

Attached to the first post is an Excel sheet that I've cleaned up to make it easier to view all player ratings. Let me know any thoughts, issues, suggestions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Attached to the first post is an Excel sheet that I've cleaned up to make it easier to view all player ratings. Let me know any thoughts, issues, suggestions, etc.
    Wow! Nice work. That must have taken awhile? Thanks for putting all of the informationin one place.

Thanks Chris!

Yeah that spreadsheet is great, thanks CDJ.

I took a quick look at the overall rating formula and I think it's exactly the same. RBs still don't have pass blocking as part of their rating. Maybe it's used for 3rd down back but I don't know.