Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse v. 3.0 - Death Penalty Settings

• Facebook
  • Display

Powerhouse v. 3.0 - Death Penalty Settings

Let's now discuss how we are going to set up the Death Penalty Dynasty.
    The dude abides.

So, when we get to cut players, would we just cut the top player at each position, or how is the best way to go about doing this?
    The dude abides.

Logistically:
    1. Commissioner would have to edit rosters for Season 1 since players can't be cut. Edit everyone down to 40OVR or something like that.
    2. All users would have to join during the preseason for Season 1 to make sure coaching contracts work and so that they can cut players from their team.
    3. All users would have to turn off recruiting assistance and keep their target list empty
    4. During each offseason, we would cut the best OVR players and keep a skeleton crew at each position
    5. Maybe during the 5th season, we perform all of the offseason tasks (recruiting, position changes, real cuts, etc.)
    6. Starting with the 6th season, we rebuild

We could also debate recruiting restrictions of some sort once we do start the 6th season, though those would be harder to enforce/police.

I think you need to enforce recruiting restrictions. If not it will be pretty easy to build back up quick.

I say you have it set that you have 15 schollies per year for 4 years. Everyone would just need to post up their recruits that they get and then cut any of the recruits that "walk on" after recruiting

If we run our teams into the ground, I think restrictions wouldn't be needed especially if we don't start with high recruiting skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    If we run our teams into the ground, I think restrictions wouldn't be needed especially if we don't start with high recruiting skill points.
    Yeah, my thought would be that we'd start our coaches at level 1. Over the course of the first 5 seasons though, we'll gain points and eventually get to a decent level... total guess but I imagine by the time we start season 6, we'd at least be to level 15 or more.

Damn....everyone on the team is a 40 OVR? Well I guess we're not playing those years so it makes sense.
    The dude abides.

I say that we don't enforce recruiting instructions. Too much to police there. I kinda wonder with years of failure if the top prospects stop wanting to put those schools in their top ten that far down the road anyways?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I say that we don't enforce recruiting instructions. Too much to police there. I kinda wonder with years of failure if the top prospects stop wanting to put those schools in their top ten that far down the road anyways?
    No... it would be a matter of your team ratings. Conference Prestige would still be high (because teams around us are winning)... playing time would obviously be high. There would still be potential to sign some of the top targets.

When I meant restrictions, I meant things like only signing 2 recruits per season or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Then I guess what's really the point of doing the death penalty? All you are doing is blowing up the rosters, no different than starting out as UMass or Georgia State except I bet teams like Alabama gain their prestige quicker and you will still have conference boosts, facilities and such that make it easier than those really low teams.

If in the first years back I can go out and sign 25 guys each year, I'll have a brand new roster in 3 years of all 70+ OVR.

Since there will be 12 of us, maybe we an split up and have 3 users in each of the top 4 (I know theres 5) Conferences. We would still have 4 user games like we do now, 2 in conference and 2 non-conf.

Possible teams to choose from.
    B1G - Ohio St, Michigan St, Michigan
    SEC - Alabama,LSU,Texas A&M
    PAC12 - USC,Oregon,Washington
    Big12 - Texas,Oklahoma,Oklahoma St
    ACC - Florida St, Clemson, Miami

Love the idea of an DP OD.

I guess it is easy to police that because you can see who has been signed recruit wise. It won't be too hard to see if someone is cheating, granted I'm pretty sure no one where would do that.
    The dude abides.

Dont speak so soon..I would cheat, you guys have been playing NCAA this entire time while I've been on Madden. I'm not joining to get skull drug every week hahaha

J/k about the cheating part. If I get in whatever is fine just want to play and hopefully not take too long to rebuild. I want a Powerhouse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    Since there will be 12 of us, maybe we an split up and have 3 users in each of the top 4 (I know theres 5) Conferences. We would still have 4 user games like we do now, 2 in conference and 2 non-conf.

Possible teams to choose from.
    B1G - Ohio St, Michigan St, Michigan
    SEC - Alabama,LSU,Texas A&M
    PAC12 - USC,Oregon,Washington
    Big12 - Texas,Oklahoma,Oklahoma St
    ACC - Florida St, Clemson, Miami

Love the idea of an DP OD.
    Wouldn't every BCS team be a possibility since we're going to kill them off anyway? Their starting rating shouldn't matter, I wouldn't think. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    Wouldn't every BCS team be a possibility since we're going to kill them off anyway? Their starting rating shouldn't matter, I wouldn't think. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?
    You're right... Any team should be fine. I think he was just throwing out the top of each conference.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    Yeah, your right, I didn't think about it that way. G was right, I was just throwing out the "top" teams in each Big Conference. My intent was to use this as an easy conference alignment so it makes it easier for all users to have the same amount of user games. So we don't have to move teams around, keep it realistic as possible.

I was just curious because I want to take Arkansas if they're available.

My idea for a DP dynasty was to cut every non-walkon after season 1 (though you might have to leave some players just to meet minimums), then cut every new walk-on for Seasons 2-4. Then in Season 5 you have Senior walk-ons, and need to replace practically your entire team.

Never tested this out though. Was worried that a few years ago there was a bug related to having too many freshman, and that might happen here.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I tested this evening an offline dynasty of editing the significant ratings for each player on Alabama... it took a little time but not too bad. I then simulated the season and as expected, bama went 0-12. My coach made it to level 3... I was fired though so I couldn't test further.

Tomorrow, time permitting, I'm going to try to do the same with an online dynasty so I can turn off the carousel.

Sweet if we can find a 12th soon, I can do a draw for picking teams, unless we want to mutually just pick. If so, I kinda want to get out of the south and play as Oregon or Nebraska.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.