Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Cup Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Cahill looks like a scared alter boy trying to escape the "Sword of the Lord".

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Cahill looks like a scared alter boy trying to escape the "Sword of the Lord".
    The dude abides.

Priceless...

I can't help but feel bad for England. To once be such a strong "football" nation and now to clearly be 2nd tier caliber must be agonizing. That's the "life-blood" in merry old England...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I can't help but feel bad for England. To once be such a strong "football" nation and now to clearly be 2nd tier caliber must be agonizing. That's the "life-blood" in merry old England...
    Feel bad? England? Yup, a Canadian has entered the thread. Don't feel too bad for England, they still have Cricket, which also happens to be their National Sport. Of course, they lost the Ashes this year which gave Australia the lead in the series. They do sip a mean cup of tea over there.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I certainly would have preferred to see England win today than to see Suarez win.

I certainly would have preferred to see England win today than to see Suarez win.
    The dude abides.

Let's see how wrong this will be

The dude abides.

Wow! Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dude abides.

The dude abides.

Pencil Ecuador in for a loss

The dude abides.

LOL the "problem" with computer ratings for soccer is the games can swing WILDLY and are subject to more volatility/variance than say basketball or football.

Moreover, a win when the probability was basically a 45/55 proposition (factoring out the tie) isn't that great of an upset.

Well you can find racists on pretty much any national team. I know he bit one of the Chelsea players last season. Still, it is England.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Well you can find racists on pretty much any national team. I know he bit one of the Chelsea players last season. Still, it is England.
    The Chelsea player was Ivanovich and it was 2 seasons ago. Suarez also bit a player when he was playing for Ajax. He's just a dickbag. The racism charges and refusing to shake Evra's hand in his first match back from suspension don't really irritate me much. When you put it all together, he is an ass.

I have to say that I love watching the World Cup and pretty much always have. My favourite year is probably 1990 when West Germany beat Argentina but this year is easily moving up my board to #1. Every match has been so exciting. Plus seeing all the goals have been a real surprise. For all the negatives, the Brazilians are putting on a good show.

Argentina looked AWFUL today no movement whatsoever which makes loading up on D real easy.

that W versus Ghana is looking good now the way they are playing Germany even up. I'd prefer a German win (as its the best result for the US) but Ghana has played really well.

We MUST WIN today. I got a BAD feeling if we draw today we will not advance to the knock out round.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/g...-help-the-u-s/

Maybe it's just me but "kit" wise, the Russians look like they are wearing US style jerseys while the Americans, especially last game look like their unis are straight out of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    We MUST WIN today. I got a BAD feeling if we draw today we will not advance to the knock out round.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/g...-help-the-u-s/
    Yep. If we lose or draw today, we're gonna have to beat Germany to hope to advance. If we don't win today, either Ghana or Portugal will be advancing with Germany.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass