Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    They are dropping ban hammers over on OS after complaints about this game. Two long time posters in Candyman and enigma nemesis got whacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    They are dropping ban hammers over on OS after complaints about this game. Two long time posters in Candyman and enigma nemesis got whacked.
    What are the complaints?

It's just complaining all around. I haven't read everything and just pop in once in awhile. But there is one group that feels this small Dev team under delivered, particularly a buggy PC launch, and feels if you sell a game at AAA prices you should face AAA criticism. Others are hating on the haters saying the game is still fun, accept any flaws and be happy. I'm not even sure what else they are expecting. But people arent even talking that much about the actual game. It's cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It's just complaining all around. I haven't read everything and just pop in once in awhile. But there is one group that feels this small Dev team under delivered, particularly a buggy PC launch, and feels if you sell a game at AAA prices you should face AAA criticism. Others are hating on the haters saying the game is still fun, accept any flaws and be happy. I'm not even sure what else they are expecting. But people arent even talking that much about the actual game. It's cluttered.
    So, in other words, it's OS.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    What are the complaints?

Pretty much all the stuff that Sean Murry claimed was in the game that never happened. There are a few thousand videos and articles on the topic.

Here is one of them.

Last edited by bdoughty; 08-28-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Pretty good article on Polygon...

No Man's Sky's greatest resource is isolation
    The dude abides.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/26/yi...yers-on-steam/

Ouch! No Man's Sky has fallen into an abyss on Steam in recent weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That isn't shocking to me. I never understood people saying they would play this game forever. Every game gets old and repetitive but this game always looked to have that issue. Maybe they add more stuff but it's hard to get people back once they leave. Does it really matter though financially for hello Games? Half of a games sales are in their first month. They did very well. If they don't sell anymore they still made good money I bet.

Hopefully Sean and his team have made enough money to buy an island and never have to make another game again. Because anything after No Man's Sky is going to have so much scrutiny that Sean Murry would just end up hiding under a table, sobbing.

The guy has not even posted on the NMS/His Main account in well over a month.

https://twitter.com/nomanssky?lang=en

They are definitely in hiding lol.

My daughter played it for awhile. Same with my son. They probably put in around 15 hours each (maybe more). Now haven't touched it in a couple weeks. Not a horrible investment of time in the game. I wish it had more staying power but it doesn't right now.

So this game appears to be DOA? It's really sad as I was having a lot of fun then I went on vacation and haven't played since. Now, I don't have time to get back into it.

I couldn't believe how lame the ending of this game is after reading it. I won't spoil it but it's terrible.

FOUNDATION UPDATE INCOMING

Hello,

This week Hello Games will be releasing an update to No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it The Foundation Update, because we have added the foundations of base building, and also because this is putting in place a foundation for things to come.

Detailed patch notes will follow, and release will be soon.

Coming from five years of intense development, immediately after No Man’s Sky released the team spent six weeks updating the game with 7 patches across both platforms (the last of these was 1.09 on Sept 24th which you can read about here http://www.no-mans-sky.com/log/). These fixed many of the most common or critical bugs and issues post-release.
    In the nine weeks since then our small team has been hard at work on development, testing and certification for the Foundation Update. It won’t be our biggest update, but it is the start of something.

The discussion around No Man’s Sky since release has been intense and dramatic. We have been quiet, but we are listening and focusing on improving the game that our team loves and feels so passionately about.
    Positive or negative feedback, you have been heard and that will truly help to make this a better game for everyone.
    This update will be the first small step in a longer journey. We hope you can join us.

Thank you,
    Hello Games

Holy shit, they live!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I HATE how they always refer to themselves as a small team. It's that excuse making that drives me nuts. They didn't charge people a small price. They charged full price which leads to full expectations. Truth is if they offered the game at half price in the first place people could have accepted a lot of the short comings. But they didn't so suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    FOUNDATION UPDATE INCOMING

Hello,

This week Hello Games will be releasing an update to No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it The Foundation Update, because we have added the foundations of base building, and also because this is putting in place a foundation for things to come.

Detailed patch notes will follow, and release will be soon.

Coming from five years of intense development, immediately after No Man’s Sky released the team spent six weeks updating the game with 7 patches across both platforms (the last of these was 1.09 on Sept 24th which you can read about here http://www.no-mans-sky.com/log/). These fixed many of the most common or critical bugs and issues post-release.
    In the nine weeks since then our small team has been hard at work on development, testing and certification for the Foundation Update. It won’t be our biggest update, but it is the start of something.

The discussion around No Man’s Sky since release has been intense and dramatic. We have been quiet, but we are listening and focusing on improving the game that our team loves and feels so passionately about.
    Positive or negative feedback, you have been heard and that will truly help to make this a better game for everyone.
    This update will be the first small step in a longer journey. We hope you can join us.

Thank you,
    Hello Games
    Good news indeed. I played this game a few nights ago. I really want to get back into it.

I played it earlier. The ONE thing that bothers me... ALL of my progress on every single planet has pretty much been reset. All of my locations and creature discoveries have been removed and the planets are completely changed. I haven't unlocked building yet but the visuals do look better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Good news indeed. I played this game a few nights ago. I really want to get back into it.
    Ditto, I played it quite a bit. Want to get back into it again.
    The dude abides.

Automated mining tools, buildable save points, yeah that is definitely some good stuff.
    The dude abides.