Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XB1)

Engadget: Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, collects Halos 1-4.

Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that will run at the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Microsoft has gone on record saying that it would love to have Halo release more than once every three years. It's used different developers to fill that task since, but we're still pushing two years since Halo 4 launched. To commemorate the first game's 10th birthday, Microsoft released Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360, which served as a stop-gap for the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4; there's precedent for this sort of thing. This remake makes a lot of sense for Redmond for a couple of different reasons: it satisfies the more-frequent release desire and it helps fans get caught up on the story. It also gives them the chance to re-experience some of the best console shooters with better looks and sound -- everyone wins!

We reached out for official word from Microsoft and are waiting to hear back, but we're not expecting much beyond the usual, "We don't comment on rumors or speculation."
    The dude abides.

I've never played a Halo game so I'd hit that if I had a One.

Whenever all that leaked about 3 months ago, I guarantee you some high level people were smashing the shit out of their keyboards.

Still, nice to see this is a legitimate thing.

I owned/currently own all those games and I would still pay the money to get this on Xbox One. In the words of Fry, shut up and take my money!!!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I owned/currently own all those games and I would still pay the money to get this on Xbox One. In the words of Fry, shut up and take my money!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

Yep, I'm all over that. The rumor 3 months ago suggest additional things:

1. Halo 2 Anniversary Remake is the major thing and includes multiplayer. It comes in it's own package along with the Halo 5 beta.
    2. I believe it was called the "War Chest" contains all the above + Halo 3 and Halo 4 ported to Xbox One. I don't think the original rumor mentioned anything about the first Halo game, but it does make sense.

Personally, I'll be getting the package that contains them all. I'd love to be able to co-op through them all again with a buddy that never had a 360 but I was able to convince to get an Xbox One (thanks Titanfall!).

Also, since Gears is like 100 days into development and probably isn't coming out until 2016, how about throwing us a bone on those? Gears 1, 2, and 3 remastered campaigns along with Gears 3's Horde and Competitive modes. Don't worry about Judgement.

I'd buy the shit out of that.

Halo smeh

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Halo smeh
    You say that, but keep getting boners from the same tired shot they release every year called Call of Duty. Yeah...

You say that, but keep getting boners from the same tired shot they release every year called Call of Duty. Yeah...

Um haloe's the same crap game too. Just add story mode a little different. I've halo and it has shit controls for aim n shooting IMO. COD is easier... I probably won't buy COD AW because I was hoping for a BO3 but i gotta wait longer I guess.. So many other games coming late August/fall.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Um haloe's the same crap game too. Just add story mode a little different. I've halo and it has shit controls for aim n shooting IMO.

Note to self, don't read Gator's posts without any coffee in the morning.
    The dude abides.

So this was confirmed today. Releases November 11 in a $60 package that includes(all on one disc):

-Halo 1 Anniversary with original multiplayer.
    -Halo 2 Anniversary with original multiplayer + 6 brand new maps
    -Halo 3 with original multiplayer
    -Halo 4 with original multiplayer
    -Halo Nightfall series
    -Halo 5 beta starting in December

All running at 1080p, 60FPS, and on dedicated servers. I don't know about Halo 1 yet, but Halo 2-4 will all have 2 player online campaign co-op and forge mode.

Truly one of the most amazing video packages that's ever been done. 4 campaigns with online co-op, 4 original multiplayer engines, and over 100 maps.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    So this was confirmed today. Releases November 11 in a $60 package that includes(all on one disc):

-Halo 1 Anniversary with original multiplayer.
    -Halo 2 Anniversary with original multiplayer + 6 brand new maps
    -Halo 3 with original multiplayer
    -Halo 4 with original multiplayer
    -Halo Nightfall series
    -Halo 5 beta starting in December

All running at 1080p, 60FPS, and on dedicated servers. I don't know about Halo 1 yet, but Halo 2-4 will all have 2 player online campaign co-op and forge mode.

Truly one of the most amazing video packages that's ever been done. 4 campaigns with online co-op, 4 original multiplayer engines, and over 100 maps.
    I may not be a big Halo fan but for $60, count my ass in.

Some screens from the Halo 2 Anniversary.

Original/New

Last edited by bdoughty; 06-09-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Fuck me that looks amazing.

Fuck me that looks amazing.
    93 competitive maps + 50 Spartan Ops missions + 45 campaign missions + all 4 original multiplayer games + all 4 original campaigns + 6 brand new Halo 2 maps...and for $60?

Mind blowing value. I don't even give a shit if Halo 5 comes out next year at this point. I convinced a buddy to get an Xbox One(never had a 360) so we're going to be playing the Halo games for a long, long time. I'm so glad Microsoft did it this way. Better than I could have hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    93 competitive maps + 50 Spartan Ops missions + 45 campaign missions + all 4 original multiplayer games + all 4 original campaigns + 6 brand new Halo 2 maps...and for $60?

Mind blowing value. I don't even give a shit if Halo 5 comes out next year at this point. I convinced a buddy to get an Xbox One(never had a 360) so we're going to be playing the Halo games for a long, long time. I'm so glad Microsoft did it this way. Better than I could have hoped.
    You wouldn't even get 1/5th of that for $120 with today's games, by the time you buy the game and all the DLC.

Gameplay footage and more info - 22 minutes worth.

If I had an X1, I'd hit it

For anyone into the Halo series or anyone too young to play the first few in the series this probably was the biggest announcement from MS today.

Dang for 60 bucks? plus all them maps in online ,hot damn!