Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us (PS3/PS4) - July 29

• Facebook
  • Display
    Pre-order Bonuses:

Naughty Dog revealed the pre-order bonuses for The Last of Us this weekend, hot on the trail of the new trailer from the VGAs, which you can watch above. As for the pre-orders, they're split into the stuff all participating retailers are offering and the additional in-game content GameStop is bundling in.

All participating pre-orders include the game's official soundtrack, a PS3 dynamic theme based on the box art, and 'Winter Joel' and 'Winter Ellie' PSN avatars. That sounds perfect for a game confirmed for late spring - May 7, 2013, to be specific.

Pre-order at GameStop and you'll also get multiplayer goodies on top of the soundtrack, theme, and avatars. Those goodies include bonus XP, a melee attack booster, customizable character items, bonus skins, and a bit of extra in-game cash to help you on your way. Naughty Dog confirmed earlier this year that multiplayer would be coming to The Last of Us, but not in the form of campaign co-op.

Story Trailer:

Box Art:

Competitive multiplayer confirmed.

I preordered the one with the statue yesterday. If it's even half as rare as they're making it seem, it'll be a nice little collector's item.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I preordered the one with the statue yesterday. If it's even half as rare as they're making it seem, it'll be a nice little collector's item.
    Yeah they NEVER tell you the # being produced which obviously would effect its value in the future. I'm thinking just regular edition from Amazon pre-order. I still have like $150 in Amazon credit I need to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I still have like $150 in Amazon credit I need to burn.
    Donate some of that to me

Yeah they NEVER tell you the # being produced which obviously would effect its value in the future. I'm thinking just regular edition from Amazon pre-order. I still have like $150 in Amazon credit I need to burn.
    They went on record saying it's only at Gamestop because of how limited it's going to be produced. They also said the statue alone has a suggested price of $199(which is probably legit considering it's Triforce) so I can't imagine they're going to allow too many of them to be available.

I have no doubts this will be one of the rarer ones. If it's still available for preorder come closer to launch, I'll just cancel. I learned my lesson with the Bioshock Infinite one though. I really wanted it and within a week of it being available for preorder, it was already sold out everywhere.

Sold out already. Took a day and a half.

Sold out already. Took a day and a half.
    Wow so if I went to GameStop today I couldn't pre-order the "uber" special edition or whatever it is called?

You might have a chance today in store, but after today, I'd say your chances are pretty close to zero. I'd call ahead first. Online cut off last night and when that happens, stores usually follow within the next day at some point.

You might have a chance today in store, but after today, I'd say your chances are pretty close to zero. I'd call ahead first. Online cut off last night and when that happens, stores usually follow within the next day at some point.
    Meh I don't really "collect" video games and I've never even bought a "serious" collector's edition. The only "uber" version of a game I have ever bought is Tiger for the extra courses for the TGT Tour. $160 seems like a pretty steep price IMHO but to each their own.

Meh I don't really "collect" video games and I've never even bought a "serious" collector's edition. The only "uber" version of a game I have ever bought is Tiger for the extra courses for the TGT Tour. $160 seems like a pretty steep price IMHO but to each their own.
    I normally don't either, but I do go for the ones that I think are rare, simply because I get to enjoy them for awhile, and when I'm ready to move on to something else, a lot of them sell on eBay for double or triple what I paid. A few years ago I sold a Mass Effect 1 Collector's Edition for $400 when I had only paid $80 for it. It's absolutely insane the amount of money people will pay for something like that.

There's already copies of the version with the statue on eBay for double the retail price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-of-...item27cf25f9f0

I normally don't either, but I do go for the ones that I think are rare, simply because I get to enjoy them for awhile, and when I'm ready to move on to something else, a lot of them sell on eBay for double or triple what I paid. A few years ago I sold a Mass Effect 1 Collector's Edition for $400 when I had only paid $80 for it. It's absolutely insane the amount of money people will pay for something like that.

There's already copies of the version with the statue on eBay for double the retail price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-of-...item27cf25f9f0
    Well shizzle I might do it for the investment "value" alone.

In store preorders were cut off last night, so looks like it will be one of those extremely rare ones. Unless, of course, they decide to restock it(which I sincerely doubt will happen).

I just hope it's not as scripted as UC3. They went way too far with all the cut scenes and linear gameplay IMO. I hope this game has a little more freedom.

wow!