Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    JF is a Clown. My hatred comes full circle, a perfect union.
    So glad to see the Browns pick Little Johnny. Even took a cowpoke with their first pick. As if my hatred of the Browns was not great enough.

I wasn't near my computer, and phone was almost dead, so I couldn't post earlier, but...

Cleveland sucks again!!! My friend, a big Browns/Indians fan, is pissed. He absolutely hates the pick. He wanted nothing to do with Douchebag.

Meanwhile, I'm pissed about Denver picking Roby from Ohio State. That dude can not fucking tackle. He dives for the goddamn ankles every time. When ESPN has an entire highlight reel of you sucking ass while diving for ankles on tackles, you suck at tackling. I remember watching him blowing ass against Michigan last November. Denver should have either upgraded their WR corps even more with Lee, or taken Carlos Hyde to replace Knowshon Moreno.

So, I gotta say, I love the fact that Houston is sitting with the next pick once the second round starts tonight, and they need a QB, and who is the top QB on the board? None other than Derek Carr. Derek Carr, the younger brother of former Houston Texans 2002 NFL Draft #1 overall pick David Carr, who would go on to become one of the biggest QB busts in NFL history since 1980, and is considered by some to be one of the top 10 worst #1 overall picks in NFL Draft history.

Oh fuck, that would be great. The story lines it'd create. A name every Houston fan probably wishes to forget for the rest of their lives, only to have it come back and haunt them in the form of a younger brother.

Oh yeah, man. It's been talked about on the radio here for months. Fans distressed over the idea of Houston taking Carr.

I don't think they will, it would be a PR NIGHTMARE. But I LOVE the fact that Tex-Ann fan has to sleep on the possibility tonight.

My hope all along has been either:

A) the Tex-Anns draft him and he refuses to sign because of how his brother was treated (beer thrown on his wife by fans, etc)

B) the Tex-Anns draft him and he is as terrible as David (or worse) essentially allowing his family to steal that much more money from Houston and causing more distress to the idiot fanbase

or C) he is drafted by a divisional rival (Tennessee the only possibility now) and he kicks the dog shit out of Houston for a decade plus.

I'm still rooting for one of those things to happen.

Disappointed in Miami. Yes we filled our biggest need at RT with a kid that should be ready to jump in right away but most experts viewed it as a bit of a reach. Could have moved down to 26 or 27 and picked up extra 3rd. They didn't want to chance it and said this kid was highest rated player on board. We'll see.

Well Manziel gets welcomed to football at the NFL level regular season....AFC North style real early.

Dick Lebeau 18-2 against rookie QB's

Last one that came to Pittsburgh to play was RGIII...in a Kyle Shannon offense. That game was brutal...RGIII got hit ALOT that game....a whole lot

Who do you guys want in the 2nd round for your teams?

I expect Miami to go for a guard but I think RB (need a power back), TE, S, WR (may want to move on from Wallace's salary after this year) and LB are all possibilities. Right now I see Joel Bitonio (probably gone by #50), Marcus Martin C/G or Trai Turner as solid options for Miami in round 2. But I would be really happy if they drafted Carlos Hyde. I think he's a beast. Maybe I'm biased after seeing him destroy Michigan but he's a big back with some moves. I would not be very excited if they spend a 2nd rounder on a WR in a deep WR draft that would just end up sitting more of this year. He'd never crack the Top 3 on this team this year.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I just don't see the hype

I want sf to trade up for a CB or get Lee or possible OLB. Ward was a solid but another cb to add even depth would be nice. I wouldn't jerrigan in the second either .

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I just don't see the hype
    When you are a fan of a good professional franchise/team, you wouldn't.

Could their possibly be three things that say "shit" more than "Browns", "#2" and "Manziel"? The comedy is going to be endless!

I also love that they took him with the 22nd pick, the same pick they wasted on Quinn and Weedon.

Da fuck is sf doing , trading a 2015 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson there goes any hope of uss drafting a wide out this draft.

The dude abides.

The dude abides.

I've said this before, and probably will again.

Daniel Snyder is the biggest dickbag on the planet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...173522524.html

To those that argue for how awesome Mike Wallace is (and those that overpaid for his lazy ass) -

Go Irish!
    Here We Go Steelers!

uploadfromtaptalk1399681588449.jpg

The right thread this time!

Not sure what to think about Denver's pick. I think Cody Latimer will be a good receiver in the NFL, and he'll have an incredible chance to start his career off right by catching passes from Peyton Manning. I just think Denver might have missed on not picking Carlos Hyde. With Knowshon Moreno not coming back, that just leaves Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman (who has some big fumble issues) and C.J. Anderson, as well as unknown Furman rookie Jerodis Williams. Hillman, I'm just not sold on. He had issues holding onto the ball last year and just didn't impress me. Ball will be fine taking over as #1 RB in the Broncos system, but with only Hillman, and unproven rookies Anderson and Williams behind that, I think Hyde is good enough to have come in and be the #2 RB in the system by opening weekend.