Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    ESPN - Michael Sam to be featured in multi-part documentary series on Oprah Winfrey Network
    Hard Cocks: Training Camp with the St. Louis Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hard Cocks: Training Camp with the St. Louis Rams?
    LMAO.

I just hope this story dies down and we treat Michael Sam well and like everyone else.

ESPN - Unnamed Rams player tells ESPN Michael Sam having reality show "does raise eyebrows," may be distraction.

Hopefully, only eyebrows are raised.

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible for the media to suck someone's dick more than they did Tebow's. I was clearly wrong.

Christ, when's the last time anyone has known what the hell the damn name of the 249th pick was, much less that 249th pick get their own goddamn introductory press conference, get a fucking reality show and all this nonstop bullshit.

Sam said in an interview he's been drafted and now he just wants to be treated like Sam the football player. Bullshit.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 05-15-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Well the Oprah thing is supposedly Sam's own time and not while he's at camp, and it's for sending a good message.
    The dude abides.

I have no issue with him getting shine. He's a trailblazer. He's helping countless others feel comfortable being themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I have no issue with him getting shine. He's a trailblazer. He's helping countless others feel comfortable being themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Sam said in an interview he's been drafted and now he just wants to be treated like Sam the football player. Bullshit.
    What do you mean?

Doesn't every 249th pick feed cake/make out with their boyfriend on tv, have press conferences and reality shows? Seems obvious he is focused on football and not pushing an agenda.

What do you mean?

Doesn't every 249th pick feed cake/make out with their boyfriend on tv, have press conferences and reality shows? Seems obvious he is focused on football and not pushing an agenda.
    Let's be fair, Michael Sam didn't ask ESPN to come to his house. ESPN asked him to come to his house. That press conference wasn't just for Michael Sam. ALL the rookies were there. Michael Sam is just the one most people wanted to hear and see. Michael Sam didn't ask for a show. Oprah's people asked him to star in a show. He's not pushing an agenda. Everyone is flocking to him. And it's because he's DIFFERENT. The other 248 picks ahead of Sam would've kissed their mom/girlfriend/wife. Unless she's smoking like AJ McCarron's girl, nobody cares but people do care that pick 249 kisses a dude. At the press conference, nobody cared about the other dudes who are status quo. They wanted to talk to the guy that's different. Nobody watches shows about regular people being regular. People watch shows about people who are different. I'm sure Michael Sam wants to be just a football player but he can't be. He's an icon for the *** community. He's breaking through into the most macho sport in America and while people say they don't care, the truth is, and ratings say, people care.

I don't blame Sam at all. Should he say no to Oprah? What if he gets cut and then he'll have nothing. Make as much money as you can as fast you can. Of course, he says he 100% focused on football. What else should he say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Of course he should grab the money. And, no, I don't think he asked ESPN to come to his house.

However, he doesn't have to/didn't have to say, "I just want to be known as Michael Sam, the football player." That makes him a liar.

I guess lying is better than the truth though. "I'm not that good so, despite the fact there have been many *** players in the NFL before me, I'm going to seize the opportunity to be the first to admit it and then gravy train the media circus while pretending to only want to be recognized as an athlete." That wouldn't sound so good. Alot of times, the truth doesn't.

Of course he should grab the money. And, no, I don't think he asked ESPN to come to his house.

However, he doesn't have to/didn't have to say, "I just want to be known as Michael Sam, the football player." That makes him a liar.

I guess lying is better than the truth though. "I'm not that good so, despite the fact there have been many *** players in the NFL before me, I'm going to seize the opportunity to be the first to admit it and then gravy train the media circus while pretending to only want to be recognized as an athlete." That wouldn't sound so good. Alot of times, the truth doesn't.
    I agree completely. I understand him doing the shows, taking the money and exposure but don't say he "just wants to be a football player". That's not true. He is clearly trying to make money or be a trailblazer. If he just wanted the focus on football he would have declined all those requests.

Troy Vincent said he played with at least 6 *** players (and probably more as many hid it). The NFL Network Football Life on Jerry Smith was really good too. I understand why guys hide it and why it's a lightning rod for debate. But Sam is not acting just as a football player. Football only players and teams do everything to limit distractions and doing reality TV and extra ESPN bits count as distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I agree completely. I understand him doing the shows, taking the money and exposure but don't say he "just wants to be a football player". That's not true. He is clearly trying to make money or be a trailblazer. If he just wanted the focus on football he would have declined all those requests.

Troy Vincent said he played with at least 6 *** players (and probably more as many hid it). The NFL Network Football Life on Jerry Smith was really good too. I understand why guys hide it and why it's a lightning rod for debate. But Sam is not acting just as a football player. Football only players and teams do everything to limit distractions and doing reality TV and extra ESPN bits count as distractions.
    Precisely.

If he only wanted to be known as a football player, he would have told ESPN and Oprah, "no". He could have released a statement after that draft that said that he is happy to be with the Rams and thankful for the opportunity and that he would ask that everyone respect his privacy while he concentrates on his career.

Instead, he invited the circus to town and people will still sop up his BS of, "I just want to be treated like everyone else." Liar. You want the attention, TV appearances, TV shows, inevitable book and movie deals and money.

ESPN - Oprah Winfrey Network and Michael Sam's representatives announce postponement of documentary series.

Hmmmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

ESPN - Michael Sam's agent says "after meeting with the Rams, we felt it is best to postpone" the documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Whoa. Crazy none of the electronics or anything was salavaged before the place went to complete shit.

Seems like could have started the process of removing things well before they let the roof deflate.

The funny thing was Pontiac screamed bloody murder when a guy won an auction for the whole thing at under a million. He wanted to take the roof off and use the playing surface for an MLS team. He wanted to split the place vertically and have offices underneath. I guess those plans didn't get far.

If someone ever made a movie out of The Last of Us, they could use this location
    The dude abides.