Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Club (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    We had an instant classic in the first tourney. I mustered up a -1 in round one and Skip hit it out of the park with a -7. Then the second round we just flip the score. I hit a -7 and Skip goes -1 under. So we tie the tourney which kinda brings up an issue with the tourneys, what do they do in the event of a tie? Since I have it set to play for 30 days we will have a long wait to find out. Assuming nobody else joins and beats an -8 under score.

I still have time to play guys, just no time to search for courses and set up a tour and track winners etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    I still have time to play guys, just no time to search for courses and set up a tour and track winners etc.
    Cool, I can take care of that part then.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Cool, I can take care of that part then.
    Great! When you have my future trophy case completed let me know where it is......

Great! When you have my future trophy case completed let me know where it is......
    Not so fast I am getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Not so fast I am getting better!
    I see that! I felt bad looking at the score card for round 1 and you guys both had green numbers and I didn't. However, you both had red numbers that I didn't. -5 after round 1. The new stick setting is difficult on approach shots.

When/if you guys are going to play just let me know.

I see that! I felt bad looking at the score card for round 1 and you guys both had green numbers and I didn't. However, you both had red numbers that I didn't. -5 after round 1. The new stick setting is difficult on approach shots.
    I missed alot of putts in my 2nd round on the 2nd course (love that course BTW). Had quite a few gimmes from within 5 feet but lipped them out.

Had a nice eagle chance close but missed that one as well.

I'm holding off on playing my 3rd course until I can meet up with BD and whoever else wants to join in on the party. Couldn't last night because my Son was already asleep and the man cave isn't ready for gaming yet lol

I thought something was different about the swing on approach shots. Thought it was just me but seem like the driver and irons did a reverse

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    The tour is already set up, just have to join it under Tours (TGT August).

-8 Rd 2 for -13 total. My putting, short game and approach irons were off, especially the approach shots...

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    You don't want any

Knew that 2nd round would come up to bite me. Didn't help bogeyed that last hole either.

Well there goes the suspense of seeing what happens to a tie.

Just started the 2nd event. You both have improved drastically. I didn't see any wild hooks or slices and if memory serves me neither of you have been playing the hardest swing difficulty long. I managed to keep from hooking until 17 and 18....

Had to rally from 3 back of bd but a 63 got me ahead by 2. Again you guys are bringing it, I've been on hardest swing for a long time, both of you have picked it up quicker than I did....cheers

Had to rally from 3 back of bd but a 63 got me ahead by 2. Again you guys are bringing it, I've been on hardest swing for a long time, both of you have picked it up quicker than I did....cheers
    Forever 2nd place. I could take some solace in beating Skip but he just got the game and is getting better by the day. Can't speak for Skip but I use the hard (not hardest) difficulty for drives and even then I loft down on drives against the wind, because my brain is conditioned to do so. Of course you lower the difficulty once you bring it down. Not really a fan of how they handled the "driving difficulty" (the only swings affected by that setting are drives and fairway shots with woods.) They just move the loft up really high on hard and higher on hardest. The patch has caused me to miss more fairways than the harder setting. Since you have to flick it up much faster, this is where I end up with more mishits. Reality is the courses length, green speed and wind are what make a course difficult. You can miss every fairway on a moderately short course and still do well. Having to constantly hit a 3 or 4 iron approach shot and sticking it on the green consistently is a much greater challenge. Doing so from the rough...

Loft should be eliminated in regards to "driver difficulty" and replaced with overswing factoring into risk/reward that affects all the clubs.

----------------------

Just putting this here to remind me to play and add to the next tour. Rave reviews on the official forum.

FRESHWATER GOLF CLUB, NEWFOUNDLAND, CANADA

Last edited by bdoughty; 08-05-2015 at 03:18 AM.

I have definitely put in the work to get better lol. Every night I try to get atleast 5-6 rounds in. Only look for courses that are at worst Hard difficulty. Unless I'm trying to beat a score.

SC I'm on Hard swing difficulty. I do want to try Hardest though since I feel confident with the Hard swing now.

That course looks nice, definitely want to play that.

May be on later this evening if anyone is around to play 3rd course

Just let me know when and I will be there.

I have no problem continuing to make tournaments. Start a list of courses you would like to see and I will add them. Do you want more or less rounds per course? Was thinking of making the next tour at least 10 courses, all hardest difficulty. We can always turn off the grids and other things to make it more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Just let me know when and I will be there.

I have no problem continuing to make tournaments. Start a list of courses you would like to see and I will add them. Do you want more or less rounds per course? Was thinking of making the next tour at least 10 courses, all hardest difficulty. We can always turn off the grids and other things to make it more challenging.
    Yes I am all for all of those.

The funny thing is these courses are all really difficult if we were to just play them ourselves. But soon as you put them in a Tour compete setting, seems like it ramped up our competitiveness and focus lol.

Well third place looks to be a given in tournament #3. I turned into Nick Faldo and played the first round even par. Kept looking around for Fanny Sunesson to remind me how pars are not so bad and playing it safe is admirable. Hope someone gets that reference, I am pretty old. Round two was a complete reversal at 6 under, even with a bogey and too many missed puts.

SC would you have the wife smack your thumb with a hammer? Just a couple times, trying to level out the playing field.