Press Announcement
    Welcome to The Golf Club
    Procedural Course Generation
    Multiplayer

Gameplay Trailer:

Course Creator Video:

Features & Game Info:

INTUITIVE CONTROL SYSTEM
    We’ve created and fine tuned a swing mechanic that is more about feeling and fluidity above the users’ accuracy of hitting a marker on a power bar. Whilst anyone will be able to pick the controller up and play comfortably, the best players on the global leaderboards will be those with the best feel for the different golf shots and who are able to take into account ball lie, weather and terrain conditions.

INSTANTANEOUS GAMEPLAY
    No loading times between holes means you are straight back on the Tee after sinking your putt on the previous green. Also, minimal loading times into a new course make for a refreshing change to your typical console game.

UNLIMITED COURSES
    No more getting bored of the courses given to you by the developer. With four clicks you can generate a unique course never seen before that’s ready to play.

GENERATE COURSES
    With four clicks of a button from the main menu the game will generate for you a never been played before course. The variation is infinite!

If you don’t like the course that’s been generated, one click and you can generate a new one.

If you want to tailor the courses a little more there are high-level options available to you. Examples of these are the number of holes, par distribution, fairway width, number of bunkers, green size, green slope and rough coverage.

EDIT AND CREATE YOUR OWN COURSES
    If you have a particular course in mind, want to use your creative skills to create something from scratch or edit something the generator has created for you the game also has an in-depth editor.

The editor gives you the ability of create from scratch or mould anything on the course. You can alter the terrain, move tees, move greens, move holes, delete holes, add holes, bunkers, rivers, ponds, trees, foliage, buildings, animals and other objects.

During editing you can play the ball from any spot to review holes and make changes as you see fit. The minimal loading times make this practical and enjoyable.

LARGE SELECTION OF PRE-DESIGNED COURSES SHIPPING WITH THE GAME
    Courses for all skill levels and utilizing the best of HB’s creative talents will ship with the game. They can be played individually but will also make up the tournament itinerary for the pre-designed Tour that also comes with the game.

ONLINE SHARING AND PLAY
    Play others creations - work your way through the huge database of user created courses, each rated by other users to help make the decision easy to make.

Share your courses with the World – when you’re happy with your creations you can publish them for the rest of the world to play.

Play against others live or from the past - each round you play on every course is saved Online. Choose from Friends Rounds, Record Rounds or Rivals Rounds (others players close to your ability) to compete against. Their ghost balls and scores will be visible throughout your round giving you the feeling of competition without losing the instantaneous game play. Ghost and live balls can be hidden if so desired either selectively or en masse.

Compete in Tours and Tournaments – play against other players throughout the world in user made tours and tournaments.

Watch others play the courses you’re on live – through our ball trace system you can see other users from around the world on the course that you are playing live, even if they’re on different holes.

TOURS AND TOURNAMENTS
    Create and share Tours and Tournaments made up of your favourite courses to test your friends’ or players worldwide over a number of rounds and courses.

These can be Time Constrained or Indefinite. You can choose a start and end date with just one entry per player or, if your tournament or tour is indefinite, you can allow players to enter as many times as they want to try and get to the top of the leaderboard.

SOCIAL FEEDS AND MESSAGES
    You will be kept up to date with the world of The Golf Club through a fully interactive social ticker bar and an in-game message feed

To create a truly competitive world the messages will tell you:

• Friends achievements and creations
    • Friends currently playing
    • When your records on courses are broken
    • Invites from friends to play
    • Major achievements from all players within The Golf Club

With one press of a button you can interact with these messages. Immediately join your friends on a round or regain your record by jumping to the course and / or hole where the record was broken. All rounds are constantly saved so you can return to your previous game whenever you want to and play from where you left it.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-22-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Kinda has a Links feel to it, me likey.

hoping...hoping...hoping...

The course creator is pretty damn cool. Will definitely be watching this one to see how the reviews come in. Hopefully it plays well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reviews will be important but that course creator is beautiful. That plus the fact that you can share courses (for example, I've always wanted to create the course that I grew up playing on), and that you can create custom tours to participate in online is very nice.

Only thing I'm curious about is player progression... are there just pre-generated players that have their strengths & weaknesses or do you build your player up over time?

Some have already asked and should be answered next week.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...questions.html

I would assume they would have some pre-set players with descent attributes for those just wanting to play quick matches and then a player progression for those who want to play competitive modes.

Also have to add kudos to the team who obviously listened to those of us complaining about the shot cameras in Tiger for years, unlike the Tiger team. Stay on the golfer longer, really simple stuff. Now we just need the option for a reverse angle landing.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 01-22-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Looks interesting my thing with golf is the golfers are almost ALWAYS too accurate and nothing in that video addresses that concern. With TW after a few weeks I get bored with playing a glorified game of darts where you have to make the settings silly like 100 mph winds in a downpour on the Predator course.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Reviews will be important but that course creator is beautiful. That plus the fact that you can share courses (for example, I've always wanted to create the course that I grew up playing on), and that you can create custom tours to participate in online is very nice.

Only thing I'm curious about is player progression... are there just pre-generated players that have their strengths & weaknesses or do you build your player up over time?

Some Q&A going on at the HB Studios forum...

Quote from: Average_Joe_Hacker on January 22, 2014, 12:26:04 PM

Hi Anthony,

I'm curious, are we able to create a golfer and progress his skills? Or is there a set list of golfers to choose to play with?

Also, there was a mention of tournaments and tours. Are these exclusively for user vs user or are there tours that can be played vs the CPU?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.

Hi mate,
    No, not for the first release. We've concentrated on the Course Creation and Playability first off, I think it's the foundation of the whole game. Once they're right we can build on that over many iterations. doing this reduces the time spent on reinventing the wheel later on.

Tours and Tournaments will be played against other Live or Ghost Ball players. At the moment we feel that these give a better feeling of the community we wanted to create. We are keeping CPU players on our radar though as it is something that is worth investigating going forward

Kinda sucks but they are laying a pretty kick ass foundation with the create a course feature. Not even that, I just noticed you can create seasonal versions of each course (ala the older Hot Shots Golf games).

The big thing is golf is back! More competition the better. The Xbox One Powerstar Golf game has been really fun and there is the possibility of a golf game from 2Ksports, though I would rather see a Top Spin first. Pressure is now mounting on the team at Tiger Woods, especially if this game reviews well. Lots of things people have been asking for on the TW Forums, including myself, are making their way into this game.

If I had a nickel for each time Tim/Divotmaker said something like this in regards to a course creator (Ironically this last one just a week ago):

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#31540155

Last edited by bdoughty; 01-23-2014 at 06:51 AM.

I can't wait to watch more/all of this! Thanks for posting cdj! Finally an alternative to TW.

Oh.......look at the variation on the divots...........and the ball physics and sounds when the ball lands.......SOLD

OS organizes some of the information to come out of the Q&A.
    http://www.operationsports.com/news/...medium=twitter

• Tours and Tournaments can be created and shared with the world.
    • No AI players, any competition will be with ghost balls/other user players.
    • Game will be quickly iterated after release, makes you wonder what the business model will end up being.
    • No PS Move/Kinect support initially.
    • Swing mechanics are analog stick driven.
    • No career mode.
    • Everyone has the same attributes, so no advancing of skills or anything like that.
    • Can’t set club distances, preference was to have everyone compete as equals.
    • At the moment, no officially licensed gear appears to be in the game.
    • All Fictional Courses
    • Every created course is rated on a 1-10 scale by users and can be stored as a favorite.
    • Each course is rated from Easy to difficult based upon how users are playing it.
    • Three ways to play: Stroke play, match play, four ball.
    • No difficulty modes. Since its you and the course, your difficulty mode is the difficulty of the courses you decide to play.
    • You can start with a completely blank slate and create courses one hole at a time.
    • No arcade features like power boosts, etc. Goal is to give a simulation golfing experience to users.

"No difficulty modes. Since its you and the course, your difficulty mode is the difficulty of the courses you decide to play."

My 2 cents since I know a bit about gameplay in golf video games...

No way they have 1 difficulty and it is tuned for the hardcore. Based on this statement, either 90% of people that play it won't be able to break par or there will be a ton of people shooting -22 every round while the other 90% hovers around -9. Likely scenario 2. Arcade features like boost, spin and previews aren't what make -22 happen, they are what make -35 happen. Give me a golf game that doesn't try to challenge me with some higher difficulties and I will tear that game apart.

I wasn't a likely candidate anyway but no career mode = no thank you.

OS organizes some of the information to come out of the Q&A.
    http://www.operationsports.com/news/...medium=twitter

• Tours and Tournaments can be created and shared with the world.
    • No AI players, any competition will be with ghost balls/other user players.
    • Game will be quickly iterated after release, makes you wonder what the business model will end up being.
    • No PS Move/Kinect support initially.
    • Swing mechanics are analog stick driven.
    • No career mode.
    • Everyone has the same attributes, so no advancing of skills or anything like that.
    • Can’t set club distances, preference was to have everyone compete as equals.
    • At the moment, no officially licensed gear appears to be in the game.
    • All Fictional Courses
    • Every created course is rated on a 1-10 scale by users and can be stored as a favorite.
    • Each course is rated from Easy to difficult based upon how users are playing it.
    • Three ways to play: Stroke play, match play, four ball.
    • No difficulty modes. Since its you and the course, your difficulty mode is the difficulty of the courses you decide to play.
    • You can start with a completely blank slate and create courses one hole at a time.
    • No arcade features like power boosts, etc. Goal is to give a simulation golfing experience to users.
    Hopefully this means that the product will be supported, updated and patched when needed? This alone would be a ground breaking advance for the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I wasn't a likely candidate anyway but no career mode = no thank you.
    Go play FIFA

Yeah, I'm interested in the future, but for this first release, with no career, screw that, I'm passing this time around. If I buy it without career mode, I'll play it for a week and then probably never pick it up again. Career mode at least gives something to works towards and keep playing. It'd be like Madden or NCAA without career mode, just playing never ending Play Now games with nothing to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I'm interested in the future, but for this first release, with no career, screw that, I'm passing this time around. If I buy it without career mode, I'll play it for a week and then probably never pick it up again. Career mode at least gives something to works towards and keep playing. It'd be like Madden or NCAA without career mode, just playing never ending Play Now games with nothing to show for it.
    Get a ps4 and compete for the silver medal with JB

That is a great idea! Not sure I will have the patience to design courses. From what I can tell designing can get in depth. I will want to play these courses

Finally finished the second vid. Every time he went to chip/pitch he stopped. I so wanted to see that part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Go play FIFA
    Too busy with NHL at the moment.