Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 14 Ultimate Team Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA Live 14 Ultimate Team Discussion

Here is a NBA Live Ultimate Team video. I opened three packs, one Bronze Reward pack and two Gold packs.

Finally some legends coming to Live Ultimate Team:

None that I really care about. Plus my starting five is better than any of those except for Oscar because Kobe is a 90.
    The dude abides.

Bought some packs the other day and was able to boost up my roster:

Faced one of the legends in an Ultimate Team Fantasy Challenge. Here is Oscar Robertson:

The face is pretty good, but he could use a thicker head of hair.

Newest Ultimate Team cards:

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Newest Ultimate Team cards:

I feel like some of these legend ratings are low.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Shame they didn't rate the legends as low on MUT.

I looked into the stats for Chris Mullin as compared to his ratings. The Legends are based off one particular season and Mullin happens to be based off (IIRC) '88-89 which was his worst 3-point shooting season at 23%. That may explain the "low" ratings since it is based off one season and not a career.

It's just odd that no legends have had ratings higher than my starting five. But my starting five is the special Chris Paul (92), Melo (90), Kobe (90), Griffin (86?), and Gasol (88).
    The dude abides.

Some new Spotlight cards have been added:

Nice! My best center is Gasol at 88.
    The dude abides.

Nice! My best center is Gasol at 88.
    Off the top of my head, I think each would improve my roster so I may cash in a reward pack I have been sitting on since last week. I may wait a day or two and see if any new Legends are also introduced.

I put about $10 into this and got some Gold Premium packs. That's all it took to upgrade my whole team to gold level cards.

Used the upgraded squad to win the Elite 80's Fantasy Showdown against the Hawks. I lost that game twice yesterday and probably quit two other times. I went 0 for the 4th qtr from the field but some free throws got it to OT.

I probably won't play LUT all that much, but it's a nice way to experiment with some different plays and styles. Also, I can see myself playing LUT here and there when I'm playing a season of a different sports game.

I tried the November players of the month one last night. Started with the block leaders, and the three times I tried I got blown out of the building. No outside shooting at all.
    The dude abides.

I've decided to make changes to my lineup and rotation. For some reason the players don't seem to be playing to their ratings. I'm not getting much from C Marc Gasol, who's rated 88 OVR. I'm going to start Bosh now (85 OVR) as I have some good success on offense with him. I'm also going to remove Harden from the active team since I rarely use him and put in Ray Allen for some sharpshooting off the bench when needed. I removed Gasol too in favor of a Legend I pulled last night, Robert Parrish an 85 OVR like Bosh at C.
    The dude abides.

Am I correct in assuming that if you want to be even remotely competitive I have to spend money to get decent players? I've played 2 games with the team you automatically get and I've managed to score 24 points and shoot 12% from the field combined in those 2 games. It's absolutely infuriating to me how many point blank shots I've missed so far. Okay, I'm being guarded in the post, but I've yet to see anyone miss about 15 jump hooks in a row from about 5 feet away regardless of how well they're being guarded. Basically, no matter where I'm at on the court, if there's a defender within 5 feet of me, chances are overwhelmingly in favor that I'm going to miss regardless of how well I time the shot.

Not really. Gold packs are 3500 and 5000 coins. Doesn't take long to earn that much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

IOU - It might also depend on what challenge you are playing. It sounds like they may be on a higher difficulty. I can win and compete on Rookie & Pro, but there are times Pro can be challenging. I can only imagine how the higher levels are.

Also, I am being awarded packs by playing Rising Star. Bronze Packs, sure, but packs.

Not really. Gold packs are 3500 and 5000 coins. Doesn't take long to earn that much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but the challenges only reward you for winning the game. Losing doesn't net you anything that I noticed. Online games might be different, but I'd have to be a mad man to take this team online.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    IOU - It might also depend on what challenge you are playing. It sounds like they may be on a higher difficulty. I can win and compete on Rookie & Pro, but there are times Pro can be challenging. I can only imagine how the higher levels are.
    I don't know. It was the all bronze challenge - I had to have only bronze players on my starting 5 and my bench. I had to play Orlando for my first game and like I said earlier, I couldn't even get a simple post up hook to go down.