Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 Bowl Schedule & Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2013-14 Bowl Schedule & Discussion

Game Time ET Network
    Bowls
    Saturday, December 21st
    New Mexico Bowl: Colorado State vs. Washington State 2:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Las Vegas Bowl: Fresno State vs. USC 3:30 p.m. ABC (HD) / WatchABC
    Idaho Potato Bowl: Buffalo vs. San Diego State 5:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    New Orleans Bowl: Louisiana Lafayette vs. Tulane 9:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Monday, December 23rd
    St. Petersburg Bowl: East Carolina vs. Ohio 2:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Tuesday, December 24th
    Hawaii Bowl: Boise State vs. Oregon State 8:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Thursday, December 26th
    Little Caesars Bowl: Bowling Green vs. Pittsburgh 6:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Poinsettia Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. Utah State 9:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Friday, December 27th
    Military Bowl: Marshall vs. Maryland 2:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Texas Bowl: Minnesota vs. Syracuse 6:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Fight Hunger Bowl: BYU vs. Washington 9:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Saturday, December 28th
    Pinstripe Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Rutgers 12:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Belk Bowl: Cincinnati vs. North Carolina 3:20 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Russell Athletic Bowl: Louisville vs. Miami 6:45 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: Kansas State vs. Michigan 10:15 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Monday, December 30th
    Armed Forces Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs. Navy 11:45 a.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Music City Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Ole Miss 3:15 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Alamo Bowl: Oregon vs. Texas 6:45 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Holiday Bowl: Arizona State vs. Texas Tech 10:15 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Tuesday, December 31st
    Independence Bowl: Arizona vs. Boston College 12:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Sun Bowl: UCLA vs. Virginia Tech 2:00 p.m. CBS (HD)
    Liberty Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Rice 4:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Peach Bowl: Duke vs. Texas A&M 8:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Wednesday, January 1st
    Gator Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska 12:00 p.m. ESPN2 (HD) / WatchESPN
    Heart of Dallas Bowl: North Texas vs. UNLV 12:00 p.m. ESPNU (HD) / WatchESPN
    Capital One Bowl: South Carolina vs. Wisconsin 1:00 p.m. ABC (HD) / WatchABC
    Outback Bowl: Iowa vs. LSU 1:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Rose Bowl: Michigan State vs. Stanford 5:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Fiesta Bowl: Baylor vs. UCF 8:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Thursday, January 2nd
    Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Oklahoma 8:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Friday, January 3rd
    Cotton Bowl: Missouri vs. Oklahoma State 8:00 p.m. FOX (HD)
    Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. Ohio State 8:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Saturday, January 4th
    DI-AA Championship TBA TBA
    BBVA Compass Bowl: Houston vs. Vanderbilt 1:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Sunday, January 5th
    Go Daddy Bowl: Arkansas State vs. Ball State 9:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN
    Monday, January 6th
    BCS Championship: Auburn vs. Florida State 8:30 p.m. ESPN (HD) / WatchESPN

Thanks Smooth! Definitely looking forward to see Michigan St. in the Rose bowl. Dream scenario for me would have been ASU beating Stanford and then I would see the two schools I pull for battling it out for the Rose. Hopefully TSN will broadcast the Holiday bowl up here so I can see the fate of the Sun Devils.

No problem! I was watching the BCS and Bowl selection shows on ESPN, so figured I'd get the schedule up while sitting there watching the announcements. There's a couple of non-BCS games that I'm looking forward to this year.

First is obviously Navy vs. MTSU in the Armed Forces Bowl. Second is Utah State vs. Northern Illinois in the Poinsettia Bowl. What a tumble for the Huskies, going from an assured BCS bowl game, to crashing all the way to the Poinsettia. And what a match-up for the Aggies, taking on Heisman candidate Jordan Lynch and the Huskies' talented offense.

After that, there are actually a LOT of interesting bowl match-ups this year! Colorado State vs. Washington State in the New Mexico Bowl, Fresno State vs. USC in the Las Vegas Bowl, Buffalo vs. San Diego State in the Idaho Potato Bowl, Boise State vs. Oregon State in the Hawaii Bowl, Syracuse vs. Minnesota in the Texas Bowl, BYU vs. Washington in the Fight Hunger Bowl, Michigan vs. Kansas State in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, Oregon vs. Texas in the Alamo Bowl, Arizona State vs. Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl, Nebraska vs. Georgia in the Gator Bowl, Wisconsin vs. South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl and Arkansas State vs. Ball State in the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

The games may not end up being close or hard fought once the games actually begin, but right now, looking ahead of time, those look like they should be some good ones to me, and are games I am definitely going to be watching. And because it's gonna be the last month of college football until next September, I'm gonna be watching all of or at least as many of the bowl games as I can anyways. But those are the ones I am going to be especially making sure I watch.

List of teams left out of a bowl game this year (from ESPN):

Left out

Nine teams were bowl-eligible but did not receive an invitation to a bowl.

Western Kentucky had the best record to be left out at 8-4. Four other 6-6 Sun Belt teams were also left out: Louisiana-Monroe, South Alabama, Troy, and Texas State.

Toledo was left out with a 7-5 record, and fellow MAC team Central Michigan (6-6) also missed out.

San Jose State
    and Florida Atlantic also did not receive bowl bids despite being bowl-eligible at 6-6.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-non-bcs-bowls

FSU favored by 9.5 against Auburn.

Was really hoping Ohio State would make it in to lock out the SEC. Now, I have to go with the favorite (prefer underdog in game I have no rooting interest) as I don't want to see the SEC win again - even though Auburn is a great story this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    List of teams left out of a bowl game this year (from ESPN):

Oh joy! They will make up for that next year with more bowl games.

The only team on there that I feel that shouldn't have been left out was Western Kentucky as they were 8-4. To me, that should be a rule, 8-4 or better go to a bowl game, 7-5 or 6-6, you go home for Christmas!

Was hoping that Nebraska was going to play an old Big XII foe in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, but happy they are on a New Year's Day bowl because I would have been DJ'ing on the 28th anyways. Just kinda dumb that it's a rematch of last year.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Was hoping that Nebraska was going to play an old Big XII foe in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, but happy they are on a New Year's Day bowl because I would have been DJ'ing on the 28th anyways. Just kinda dumb that it's a rematch of last year.
    and they will lose again.

First is obviously Navy vs. MTSU in the Armed Forces Bowl. Second is Utah State vs. Northern Illinois in the Poinsettia Bowl. What a tumble for the Huskies, going from an assured BCS bowl game, to crashing all the way to the Poinsettia. And what a match-up for the Aggies, taking on Heisman candidate Jordan Lynch and the Huskies' talented offense.
    yeah but Utah States defense is just as good as Bowling Green's which I think cancels out Lynch again

Fresno State vs. USC
    USC will do what they should have done to GT last year and beat on Fresno all over the field with their superior athletes.

And bowl season has officially just kicked off!

Washington State really screwed the pooch today.

Jared Roberts made a 41-yard field goal as time expired and Colorado State overcame a 22-point deficit to beat Washington State 48-45 on Saturday in the New Mexico Bowl.

With less than 2 minutes left, Colorado State's Shaquil Barrett forced Cougars running back Jeremiah Laufasa to fumble at the Cougars 33. That set up Kapri Bibbs' 1-yard run scoring and Donnell Alexander's two-point conversion run that tied it with 33 seconds left. Then, Washington State's Teondray Caldwell fumbled the kickoff return at the 24, setting up the winning field goal.

It'll be a long off-season in Pullman.

Hell of a game tonight by Utah State!

For only the third time in 54 tries, the Aggies knocked off a ranked opponent, beating #23 Northern Illinois 21-14. It was a close one, NIU leading at halftime 7-6 and Utah State taking the lead back 13-7 in the third quarter. Utah State tacked on another touchdown (plus a two-point conversion) to make it 21-7 with 4:14 left in the game. The Huskies weren't about to quit, driving down the field to score and cut it to 21-14 with 1:44 left, but Utah State would recover the onside kick and that was all she wrote.

A damn great end to a season that got off to a less than desired start, as Utah State opened the once promising year 3-4. But, they came together in the second half of the year, reeling off 5 straight wins to end the season, suffered a 7 point loss to a damn good Fresno State team in the MWC CCG, and then knocked off a ranked Huskies team to win the Poinsettia Bowl.

I'm having a rough start in the bowl pickem but I'm not that surprised by the Utah State win. I picked them to win because of the top 10 defense and only being 1.5 or 2.5 underdogs and what Bowling Green did to NIU....although BG screwed up in their bowl game LOL...Washington State 3 fumble dumb asses in their game

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Hell of a game tonight by Utah State!

For only the third time in 54 tries, the Aggies knocked off a ranked opponent, beating #23 Northern Illinois 21-14. It was a close one, NIU leading at halftime 7-6 and Utah State taking the lead back 13-7 in the third quarter. Utah State tacked on another touchdown (plus a two-point conversion) to make it 21-7 with 4:14 left in the game. The Huskies weren't about to quit, driving down the field to score and cut it to 21-14 with 1:44 left, but Utah State would recover the onside kick and that was all she wrote.

A damn great end to a season that got off to a less than desired start, as Utah State opened the once promising year 3-4. But, they came together in the second half of the year, reeling off 5 straight wins to end the season, suffered a 7 point loss to a damn good Fresno State team in the MWC CCG, and then knocked off a ranked Huskies team to win the Poinsettia Bowl.
    Yeah that was a fun game to watch. I figured you would be pulling for USU

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yeah that was a fun game to watch. I figured you would be pulling for USU
    You would be correct! Was pulling for USU and still have Navy to root for on Monday.

Wanted to watch some football and a baseball game broke out.

I expected Louisville to win this game, but Jesus, Miami is just getting absolutely bitch slapped tonight.

Way to go Wave Ryder, you fucking dumbass! Thank god your worthless fucking ass is a fucking senior! GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Thank god! MTSU defender Roderic Blunt got his fucking ass kicked out of the game. Dirtiest and most classless fucking player I've ever seen, and MTSU is sure attempting to be the dirtiest team I've seen all season. All game long, that Blunt fuckoff has been taking cheap shots at Navy players (forearmed one Navy player after tackling him out of bounds in the first half), pushing players after plays, getting in their faces and running his mouth all fucking game.

The dirtiest shit came in the third quarter. Keenan Reynolds ran the ball and was already tackled, Blunt comes diving in and tries to gouge out Reynolds eyes (you could see him trying to get his fingers inside of Reynolds' facemask), forcing Navy to put a shield on Reynolds' facemask. You could see Reynolds on the sideline after the play rubbing his red and watery eyes, showing that Blunt was able to get his fingers at least partially inside the mask.

Then finally at the end of the quarter, after a play near the MTSU sideline, the play as already over and Blunt basically rolls over on top of a Navy player and just laid there facemask to facemask continuing to talk shit and run his mouth. Thank god, that was the end. He got flagged for his second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty of the game, and his punk thug ass got kicked out of the game. Wherever the fuck MTSU got him from, it's time to send his ass back to the ghetto.