Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 14 (PS4 & XB1) General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yeah from what I've seen Live is roughly 1/10 the game Knack is so that score seems a bit high to me.

Granted it is an average of "users" so far but meta critic says 4.5http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-4/nba-live-14

I know I needed only a few minutes with it to tell it was vastly inferior to the game I have been playing.

Update: critics give it a 48

Look at the great court awareness in this live ball situation:

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Bias or not, anyone that claims Live is even close to 2K14 is really showing bias
    Anyone with a brain isn't making that claim.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Anyone with a brain isn't making that claim.
    Are you having frontal lobe issues again

Played another two games of the demo. This game is NOT a 4/10. It's better than that (based on the demo) but it's also not a stellar game. I would probably go (based on the demo) with a 6.75 rating out of 10. Honestly I have had some fun playing the demo. The game challenges are a lot of fun. My fave would have to be the Celtics and heat buzzer beater.

As to the big negatives:

1. It seems like almost every short range shot gets blocked by the cpu... it's jsut insane
    2 The hum players are just too slow and cumbersome to move.
    * sprint does nothing IMO
    * players on D cannot turn around quick enough
    * movement/control is not fluid nor precise, regardless of player type
    3. Honestly shooting seems to have no rhyme or reason... why does one shot go in and annother not? The hum has no influence at all. Free throws are a great example... push a button and you score or you don't...???...

Still there is something charming about the demo. It's not in 2k's league but I think it has a chance to be something sppecial one day... if EA doesn't walk away from it... which they may well do.... again...

Switching back to this for live stream....
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I was able to pick this one up tonight and might play for a bit once the 208 MB update downloads.
    Lol same. I said to myself "JB is on NBA Live, let me go check him out.." Unfortunately, the stream was already completed. But I'm sure we will see plenty of gameplay from everyone who has it here on out..

(Sorry cdj ment to reply to the guy above you)
    Last edited by KCClassic7807; 11-20-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    3. Honestly shooting seems to have no rhyme or reason... why does one shot go in and annother not? The hum has no influence at all. Free throws are a great example... push a button and you score or you don't...???...
    Maybe you noticed this, but underneath the shooter their icon will change depending on shot timing. IE: It will change white.

The issue is that no one knows for sure if it changing to white means good or bad timing, however. Yesterday, shots taken without the icon changing color went in for me. but others are saying that a white icon means proper timing and feature most of their shots going in.

Are you having frontal lobe issues again
    Never once did I say this is comparable to 2K. You must be high.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Word is that he's a big 2K person. That's a ridiculous score. Low 70's is more appropriate.
    Given 2k is getting around 8 to 8.5, would you say "low 70's" is more "comparable" than 4.5??

Given 2k is getting around 8 to 8.5, would you say "low 70's" is more "comparable" than 4.5??
    You're starting to use Ram logic now.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Maybe you noticed this, but underneath the shooter their icon will change depending on shot timing. IE: It will change white.

The issue is that no one knows for sure if it changing to white means good or bad timing, however. Yesterday, shots taken without the icon changing color went in for me. but others are saying that a white icon means proper timing and feature most of their shots going in.
    Ah... interesting. I didn't see that at all. I will try it out after the kids are sleeping.

Jb and whoever else has both Live and 2k14:

I would love to see a pro and cons list for both games. What are you overall feelings from both bball games? Is t even close or is it 2k by a country mile? Honestly I am most interested in the my player type mode and it seems as though 2k is all about rpg while Live is a basic calendar sim. Is that about right???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Jb and whoever else has both Live and 2k14:

I would love to see a pro and cons list for both games. What are you overall feelings from both bball games? Is t even close or is it 2k by a country mile? Honestly I am most interested in the my player type mode and it seems as though 2k is all about rpg while Live is a basic calendar sim. Is that about right???
    Have you played NBA 2k? I've only seen videos of NBA Live, but I'm pretty confident in saying the two aren't even close. NBA is right up there with The Show as the best sports simulation, IMO. On PS4 and the almost lifelike graphics, it's only better.

Have you played NBA 2k? I've only seen videos of NBA Live, but I'm pretty confident in saying the two aren't even close. NBA is right up there with The Show as the best sports simulation, IMO. On PS4 and the almost lifelike graphics, it's only better.
    No I have never played 2k bball, only the College Hoops 2k series. Choops was an awesome series but saying that, I also absolutely love NCAA BBALL 10 by Ea. I have seen the 2k videos and the presentation sounds and looks great but a few people streaming live last night said that 2k looks amazing but Live plays more realistic. don't know any of the people saying that o I would rather hear it from voices that I trust at TGT.

I've seen enough of this game to conclude with certainty that this game BLOWS and only a moron would purchase Live over 2K and there is ZERO reason to buy two NBA games a year.

A big 2K friend of mine said the gameplay and forced animations are worse on the PS4 version on 2K.

And trust me he is all things 2K basketball.

I know from watching a few streams of his I kept seeing that jump in the air swing pass across body pass. And some of the movement looked clunky for some reason. Like turning the corner around a player..should be taking a direct path. Yet the player didn't do the transition smooth at all. Tough to explain, but some odd sequences played out.

Even still yes it is better than Live

I've honestly seen none of that. All the animations I've seen have been natural looking to me. I don't think they're smooth, but that's because of the engine they're using which gives it a more realistic feel.

Regardless, even if it does have some issues, it's on about 10 levels above NBA Live. It's truly not even remotely close.